N-Europe

Catherine

Dante

I liked it.

Well, I liked the story. It felt very mature in a non-"teehee, he said a dirty word" kind of way. Vincent's internal conflict about choosing Katherine or Catherine is interesting and it's nice that the ultimate choice is up to you. Made me think about how bad cheating really is.

I didn't really like the gameplay so much, though. Well, some of it was alright. Talking to people and trying to help them out reminded me of the social links in the Persona series, so that was fun. The block puzzles didn't really appeal to me much. I could never wrap my head around the cause and effect of pushing and pulling blocks. I mostly stumbled my way through the puzzles.

The easy block puzzles were kind of fun, I guess.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the artstyle when it was announced, but before it was really known what kind of game it really was. Then got slightly disappointed to hear it was “just a puzzle gameâ€. But after some more info, and the video review above, it really looks my kind of game. I’d get it if I had a PS3.

Do you have a 360? Or is it PS3 only in Europe?

Do you have a 360? Or is it PS3 only in Europe?

It's not out in Europe, it just has a general 2011 release date. Ps3 is region-free though. I think Sméagol only has a pc though for some reason...

I will get this sometime soon, it has a great premise and should be a refreshing change, just need to pay for several other more important things first.

Exactly. Most exclusive games either get a PC release or they're only timed exclusives. I guess that's the problem when you need to support two platforms (360 and PC). Sony did the same thing when they ported most of the good first-party PSP games to the PS2. All it did was undermine the PSP.

Not that this has much to do with Catherine (though the PS3 version is a lot easier to import for anyone who doesn't want to wait for the European release).

This is quite rare these days, for a game to come out in the US and still not have a date for over here. Feel like I've stepped back in time!

That's Atlus for you!

It's kind of weird that this particular Atlus game is breaking sales records. We all have our favorites Atlus games, but I don't think this game would top many people's list.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I could never figure out the puzzles.

At the same time, it's a bit sad how Atlus is celebrating 200,000 copies sold when Call of Duty sells millions of copies in its first week year after year.

• 6 months later...
I'll get it when it comes down in price a bit. For now my money is going towards the Vita.

I was gonna do that at first but I was worried the game might become rare so I'm getting it while I still can. My copy got shipped today, it'll probably come on Monday though. Gonna be so bored this weekend! :(

No, I was just pointing out that Dante seems to be alone in any kind of interest for this game.

After reading about this game after it having been out it's interesting reading back through this topic and seeing how people rashly (and somewhat naively) judged this game.

It has racked up some pretty good reviews and chimes as something utterly different to the roster of cliched games we see constantly selling these days.

Looking forward to this arriving, I'm expecting good things.

Wow, so completed this game today.

It's really difficult, despite playing on normal mode. Some parts you really did want to scream. Although don't let that deter anyone, this game is subtly brilliant. I urge you all to pick this up, it's quite a charming game and quite different to anything out there at the moment.

• 2 months later...