N-Europe

Bugs Bunny Theatrical Film Planned

Murr

Warner Bros. is planning to bring Bugs Bunny to the big screen in a live-action film, reports Deadline.

David Berenbaum, the screenwriter of Elf and The Spiderwick Chronicles has been hired to draft the film which, like the studio's upcoming Yogi Bear, will blend live action with computer animation.

Bugs Bunny, who recently celebrated his 70th birthday, has not appeared on the big screen since 2003's Looney Tunes: Back in Action. Other "Looney Tunes" characters recently made a theatrical resurgence with a CGI short before Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. Two more shorts are planned before WB family films later this year.

Source - Comingsoon.net

From the sounds of it, it will be a live-action film with an animated rabbit. As that's never been done before.

That was exactly what I was thinking of, and thus, I found it hard to believe they'd try something so similar. Plus, I just don't know if he'd work in a...real world. Maybe, as it is Bugs Bunny and he's a fairly witty fellow, but the one thing I hope the most is that he doesn't end up all CGI'd.

Probably going to end up being like the Yogi Bear [Dan Ackroyd!] film they're bringing out, and The Smurfs...

It's another time for classic remixing. Do The Snorks dammit!

Yogi movie has a very dodgey marketing slogan...

Yogi-Bear-3D.jpg

Great things come in Bears apparantly :idea:

Yogi movie has a very dodgey marketing slogan...

Yogi-Bear-3D.jpg

Great things come in Bears apparantly :idea:

One word to describe that poster: Horrific! But Anna Faris is in it so I'll have a look...Justin Timberlake as Boo Boo? Ugh!

Two words to describe your avatar and signature combo: Fucking. Epic!

Coolness would agree.

But why is Yogi eating Boo Boo?

And lets not forget about Marmaduke getting the 3D treatment too!

I thought that the first time looking at the poster. I kinda thought Yogi turned vampire, haha!

Also, please don't remind me about Marmaduke! I still have nightmares about the fact that I saw it, lmao.

Edited by Animal

But I must admit I have a weak spot for Space Jam and the like. They may not be great movies, but I can't help but like 'em. :heh:

There isn't anything wrong with space jam to be honest, An awesome movie for kids and I found it hilarious at the time and it was great seeing everyone in the movie. it's only recently the internet critics have started hating on it.

Who framed roger is by far the best film of that type however I think.

There isn't anything wrong with space jam to be honest, An awesome movie for kids and I found it hilarious at the time and it was great seeing everyone in the movie. it's only recently the internet critics have started hating on it.

Who framed roger is by far the best film of that type however I think.

I loved Space Jam, it's a great family movie and I adore Who Framed Roger too. You do have some weird critics out there who expect something more than a kids movie when they're actually watching a kids movie, lol.

In general I can't stand movie critics. Most of them appear as snobby, artsy, "look at me, I'm so sophisticated, haha" types to me.

Yeah, I get what you mean. There's not a lot I like either. I like reading movie blogs, you tend to get a much better read from them, they're partly the reason why I started mine.

Bugs Bunny in a live-action movie, as an animation which has never been done before. It's been proven it has already.

Space Jam is a great little movie, one i do have fond memories of. Roger Rabbit, excellent movie as well.

@ Murr. Yogi scares me, so does Boo-boo