Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dexter

Beast

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my memory of Chuck may be slightly tarnished by the awful final season, to be fair. Seasons 1 to 3 weren't half bad (season 4 was okay, too).

Yvonne Strahovski, meanwhile, was ruined forever by the Mass Effect games. I will never get Miranda's ugly face out of mind. :heh:

Don't play them, Ashley. Miranda's dark-haired. But you can have sex with her, so there's that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news -

The countdown for Dexter's end has begun. It’s still awhile away – two whole seasons worth – but in a new interview with TV Guide, Dexter executive producer Sara Colleton says that Season 8 of the show will absolutely be the last one.

Dexter was renewed for two seasons last year, and at the time, Showtime were coy on whether or not the show would wrap up after that or if it could continue on. However, asked by TV Guide whether the next two years could be considered the end, she replies, “This was definite. We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.”

In the interview, Colleton goes into some interesting specifics on what to expect in Season 7, debuting this fall. Obviously, this could be considered spoilers if you don’t want to know anything about what’s to come...

The previous description of Yvonne Strahovski’s new character said she was someone called in to help Miami Metro with some old cases, but it turns out her backstory is straight out of Natural Born Killers, with Colleton revealing, “She plays this woman named Hannah, who took off from this small rinky-dink Florida town and ran off with this older guy and they went on this wild killing spree. So when they got caught, she turned state's evidence on the boyfriend, he went to jail for life and she started a new life. Years later, she's in her 30s and she will intersect with Dexter. I would say Hannah is a still water that runs very deep and is quite unlike any woman Dexter has ever known.

It also looks like the past will be coming up in a big way, as Colleton talked about a big new storyline for LaGuerta, which begins when she finds a blood slide at a crime scene, after Dexter loses it. Says Colleton, “The only other time that she had seen this blood slide was in the copy case of the Bay Harbor Butcher. Her dear friend Sergeant Doakes, everyone thought he was the Bay Harbor Butcher, and thought that when he died, the Bay Harbor Butcher died with him. Now, she begins to suspect, ‘Is the Bay Harbor Butcher still alive and how can I set about proving the innocence of my friend Sergeant Doakes?’ That is something that's a silent thing at the start, but it's, again, going to be eventually working its way back to Dexter. It's going to be very interesting to see if she can exonerate him.”

For more on what Colleton had to say, including how Deb might react to learning Dexter’s secret last year, check out the full interview at TV Guide.

Source - IGN

I didn't read the spoilers as I'm only halfway through season 6 at the moment,

However, sad news that it'll eventually end :(

I agree that it's sad news that they're going to drag it out for another two years. :p

Dexter peaked with season 4 and I really didn't like season 6 much. For some reason I thought season 7 would be the last and I was hoping they'd be able to go out with a bang, but I don't have high hopes if they're going to have to drag it out for twice as many episodes.

Well, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I thought this was widely known that series 8 was the end? i knew a few month ago from reading news sites

regarding spoilers

Since there is that creepy serial killer wannabe lab assistant, i think he will discover Dexter's dark passenger, become a killer, Dexter will frame him for the blood slides saying he's a bay harbour butcher copy cat (which he is)

As for future spoilers, Deb obviously doesn't grass him in, and will wrestle with her love for him, and if she learns Harry made him that way it could explain not reporting him

In one interview however it was stated they don't know if they will Kill Dex off at the end or not yet

A popular theory is it could go full circle and with Debs help Dexter seeks to put his passenger behind him and succeeds but Harrison however was born in blood and effectively becomes a new Dexter, thus going fully family circle

Dexter is one of the best shows out there. It'll be sad to see it go, sure, but I have to say that it might be for the best because, as Mr. Odwin says, it's better to have good memories of it than for it to carry on and turn into complete shit. Looking forward to reading the books now (a friend of mine has got me it for my birthday).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about 7 episodes into Series 5 at the moment.

I waited a long time to watch 5 after 4, and I think the break has helped a lot. My friend watched 5 pretty much immediately straight afterwards and didn't think much of it. I'm quite enjoying it. I've come to terms that we won't get another season as good as 4, so I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

I'm about 7 episodes into Series 5 at the moment.

I waited a long time to watch 5 after 4, and I think the break has helped a lot. My friend watched 5 pretty much immediately straight afterwards and didn't think much of it. I'm quite enjoying it. I've come to terms that we won't get another season as good as 4, so I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

Couldn't agree more - Season 4 was a high point for Dexter and 5 & 6 didn't even come close to that quality - it's still a good show but not a great show like it once was.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to watch that! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see this come back but I want to enjoy every moment of it when I first see it, ESPECIALLY after that series ending! Man, I'm so excited to see this! It needs to start right now! :D

• 2 months later...

it just seemed a bit unlikely that Deb would react like she did., ok you killed in self defense... Hang on, the remember almost being killed like that... Just thought the end of the episode reaction would have been her first one. Anyway, next episode should be good, when we finally find out what she's going to do about it, in other words what I thought was going to be in the first episode.

Edited by 130131301364

Thought it was a bit crappy....until the last minute or so. Thought they should have just had that scene at the beginning somehow. Still, looks good!

"OH MY GOD SUDDENLY THE LAST SIX YEARS MAKE SO MUCH SENSE."

There, that would have saved us an entire episode.

Poor Other Doakes. I didn't even have time to learn his name.

:sad:

I'm not too excited about the stripper mafia at the moment. They'd better be more interesting than Adama and Tom Hanks Jr.!

I'm not too excited about the stripper mafia at the moment. They'd better be more interesting than Adama and Tom Hanks Jr.!

This season has Yvonne Strahovski, of course it's going to be better.

I was disappointed that the cop died. Was hoping based on his phone call that he'd start suspecting something was up and he'd be investigating Debs. Alas, not.

To be fair though, in my mind, the antagonists go: Ice truck killer; Doakes; Puerto Rican Lawyer; Third Rock from the Sun; Johnny Lee Miller; Adama and Mini-Hanks, so i'm no better.

This season has Yvonne Strahovski, of course it's going to be better.

Unless Dexter ends up killing her! :p

To be fair though, in my mind, the antagonists go: Ice truck killer; Doakes; Puerto Rican Lawyer; Third Rock from the Sun; Johnny Lee Miller; Adama and Mini-Hanks, so i'm no better.

Ice Truck Killer, that woman from Hustle, Dexter's new best friend (I DON'T SEE RACE), Trinity, that woman from 10 Things I Hate About You, and Adama and Tom Hanks Jr.

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only person who's going senile.

• 2 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!