Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another tactic could be to have lynches based on majorities instead of absolute majorities. Lynch will go through unless there's an explicit majority for no lynch.

Hey, now that really is an interesting concept.

It's an interesting idea. It would possibly force more people to participate in the game. Because you could easily get voted off with only four votes or something. Or even one vote. So, I guess every vote would be important, even if its a vote to lynch nobody.

Whilst I dislike the way some people play the game very quietly and inactively (or so they lead others to believe), I think it is in their fair rights to do so and sometimes this pays off. Having to make a vote can lead to problems with this or if there are penalties, it would be unfair for anyone that unfortunately misses the deadline.

^this is the thing. Playing quietly can be legitimate or completely put-on. I personally dislike being accused of being mafia just because I'm quiet because I'm genuinely quiet for a reason, though I know mafia will sit back and chill if things are going their way. But I think a compulsive vote serves better than missing a deadline simply because one is busy the whole time.

Maybe the truth is, for me, I should stop playing for a while. I'm not giving my all to the games so it makes sense!

I assume people who haven't voted will get a PM some time before the deadline.

Either that, or the mod will default their vote to something.. Something other than no lynch, or it won't work. Perhaps they'll default to voting for themselves, or someone randomly.

I don't really know.

:P

Will think on it.

RE: what dyson said; I guess in a roundabout way it's just the way it used to be without day phases, except I was thinking about having some sort of 3-strikes system for people who fail to vote repeatedly. I'm not sure if this will simply affect those (like me) who are time-constrained, or if it would actually root out the twats.

Essentially I'm not happy with day/night phases as a player or a GM.

1. Animafia! :grin: The first mafia I ran! I learned so much since then... Oh, so many mistakes I made... I was so amateurish :heh:

2. I didn't want to say this, since I like people to figure this out for themselves, but I do design my games for them to be based on instinct. Yes, my extensive write-ups cause some over-analysing, but I would like people to rely more on intuition instead of waiting around for concrete evidence to show up.

3. The Peeps' game is being very enjoyable so far, don't diss it

Both mafias going on at the moment are excellent, which is awesome. I sadly just don't have as much time any more - at uni I could refresh the game hundreds of times a day and contribute regularly with long posts, but now I have a job that's changed. I still love them and try my best to post regularly, but it's less than I'd like. I'm hoping running a mafia will get me onto the forum more generally, so I can't really wait to get going :D

I am ready to start mine whenever, but seeing as Dyson has been queuing forever I'll go after him in the queue. But nobody else is allowed to jump ahead of me!

Well I disagree on principle with three mafia games at once, plus Dyson was in the queue long before me. So go ahead Dyson, you're good to go!

(my signups will start when the second last mafia ends, so if the Peeps mafia finishes first, I'll wait until gents finishes, then go ahead with mine. Hope that's okay, I just don't like 3 games at once, even if I'm running it :))

Dyson, gedda game up! :p

Updated!?

Currently active Mafia Games

The Gentlemens Mafia II (By Jonnas)

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

Norse Mythology Mafia (By Tales)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Video Game Mafia (Title TBC) (By MadDog)

Pokémafia X : The Tournament of Champions (By ReZourceman)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Pokémafia 11 : Gold and Silver (By ReZourceman)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantasy Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

Animal Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

(Full title TBC) Shadow Mountain Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost

Dyson, gedda game up! :p

Updated!?

Currently active Mafia Games

The Gentlemens Mafia II (By Jonnas)

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

Norse Mythology Mafia (By Tales)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Video Game Mafia (Title TBC) (By MadDog)

Pokémafia X : The Tournament of Champions (By ReZourceman)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Pokémafia 11 : Gold and Silver (By ReZourceman)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantasy Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

The Simpsons/Family Guy Mafia (By mr-paul)

Animal Mafia (By heroicjanitor)

(Full title TBC) Shadow Mountain Mafia (By Mr-Paul and ReZourceman)

Yeah, Dyson, come on!

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!