N-Europe

Do you collect anything?

Pookiablo

As some of the forumites will know, I've recently started (well restarted) collecting Nintendo 64 consoles, controllers, games and accessories. My new goal in life is own absolutely everything Nintendo 64! On a minor sidenote if you have some N64 stuff you don't want anymore, I will pay good monies for it (check out my thread here).

So anyway, back on topic, do you collect anything? If so, what is it, how long have you been collecting it, how big is your collection (don't need to be specific) and most important of all, why do you collect it?!? (pleasure, financial gain, some wild dream of running a museum?)

As I already said, I collect Nintendo 64 stuff. I only really started "collecting" in the fanatical sense about a year ago when I had a hankering to play some old classics while at uni. My collection isn't particularly large at the moment but it's steadily growing! I collect Nintendo 64 stuff purely because I loved the console so much as a kid and now I have the urge to possess all the items related to it (especially the Japanese only stuff, it's kinda mystical!).

Share your thoughts my pretties!

I don't really collect anything at the moment, but I used to as a kid.

Used to collect stamps at one point, as my godfather had given me a book and some sets to start with. Ended up with quite a few, but stopped after a while. No idea where they even are right now heh.

I used to collect snow globes at one point, I just thought they were really pretty. Never had too many though, maybe about 10 or something. I don't have enough place in my room to put stuff. =P

At about the same time I also collected things to put on my ceiling, like wind chimes and all that. Again had only a few since there's only so much stuff you can put on your ceiling heh. Only three of them remain right now, with a 4th one being hidden in a closet.

My mom has a nice collection of tin toys going on, like the ones in this pic:

tin_toy_set_001.JPG

I often buy her one as a present (bought a small robot this month), but right now she really needs a bigger/nicer glass cabinet to display them. But yeah, it's a nice collection and she has quite a few.

Nothing really, apart from Nintendo paraphernalia. I've got a fair amount of models and toys. I always go out shopping for them in various countries, and get excited at the sight of a character i dont have. Come to think of it though, i dont actually have anything Zelda related - i think that's my next goal. But its just for fun, i dont go crazy about it.

I'm not currently collecting anything for the sake of collecting, but I do have a very nice collection of Elfquest. Only miss one or two single issues. One of the issues is signed by Wendy Pini.

I also got very big collection of tv-series. Last count, about a year ago, I counted 50+ seasons.

Been thinking about buying all the Spyro games lately. A lot of the games are very cheap so it shouldn't be too difficult. EDIT: Three down...uhm a lot to go...

Edited by Tales

TV Show DVDs and Film Blu Ray's.

Why do studios decide to re release DVDs in slimline packaging, It makes the collector in me want to go out and buy the DVDs again just to match the later seasons.

Edited by Jon

At the moment i'm collecting NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, PS1 and PS2 games. When i get far enough into these collections i also plan to get into Sega a bit too.

Why? Something to keep me amused since i broke up with the ex, and it's something i've always been interested in i guess. I suppose Super Smash Bros Melee really was the game that made me want to find all of these old games after looking at all of the trophies on there.

Also it's a blast from the past, my dear mother had a bad habit of 'you've got a new console let's sell the old one,' and i had no choice in the matter :angry:

It also looks damn nice having a bookcase full of gaming history and a tv stand with more than just a Wii and a PS3/Xbox360 standing on it. Besides, SNES games are awsome, best console ever hands down.

I collect 3 things :-

Indiana Jones stuff :-

Started collecting early 08', during the hype for Indy 4. Collect everything Indy, including action figures, Lego, Mighty Muggs, books, autographs, trading cards, artwork, posters, magazines, and of course the limited edition/collectable statues which I've always wanted to collect at some point after seeing these kind of memorabilia advertised in the back of movie magazines when I was younger!

l_16f704dc6b3242d3a667941792a3fd06.jpg

My rare/limited edition Indy stuff. Everything else is (mostly) in storage.

Toy Story :-

Started collecting late last year. As Disney is in charge of marketing there's obviously millions of products on the market, so I only collect the Toy Story Collection range, the Art/Making of books, the odd bit of Lego and any unusual items that take my fancy.

l_5a06a502a351411caf740b5df9c9609a.jpg

Toy Story Collection range. I actually got Bullseye today, but I'm not too sure if I wanna keep him. He looks way to big even though he's meant to be in scale. ::shrug:

l_89e3784dc51f45bf9a542f056225b46e.jpg

Welsh Toy Story book! Title roughly translates to 'Fairy Toys' :heh:

Zelda :-

Gotta have something Nintendo related! Not a lot on the market, but I've got some nice pieces :-

l_7fa50d6ac48b4bf1bcccde82d1e0691f.jpg

l_16d6a2e9455a44e6adb572e0ab0b754c.jpg

I've also got a pretty big DVD (around 450+ I think...) and games collection too, but I tend to sell any discs if I'm not going to watch or play them more than once nowadays, as I havent got much room, so yeah I guess I collect too much stuff :indeed:

Edited by welsh_gamer

When I was younger, I used to collect chess sets. I still have quite a few. I've got a hand-crafted wooden set that I received as a gift on my birthday. It smelled fucking wonderful. :)

I have a glass set, and the actual chessboard for that is lovely. Its quite heavy and delicate, but such fun to play on. I've got a few other sets like a Simpsons set, a Star Wars Episode One Chess set.

My most prized possession is the marble set. It was from Saudi Arabia, when I went there when I was an early teenager. Again, it was a gift. Hands down, the best chess set I have ever touched or seen. Love it. :)

I'd like to get some more in the future.

Ooo Flink, you into chess? CHESS WITH FRIENDS YO? I need some more peeps to play against.

I love it. I played a few games with Ine (we sat on her trampoline and played, haha), it's great fun. There's not too many people who seem into it, at least not many that I know.