N-Europe

Shaving (men and women)

Brian Mcoy

Mcoy did a search on this and found nothing.

Mcoy has never really bothered shaving anywhere other then his face. After viewing his brilliant body Mcoy decided though that too much body hair does look somewhat off putting. Mcoy was a bit hesitant but decided to TRY and trim and remove hair away from the face. After a first attempt Mcoy cannot express his frustrating at how difficult and uncomfortable he found it during and after shaving certain areas.

Anyway to the point of Mcoy's thread. Mcoy was wondering how many of you (both genders) shave the body, how often and If there are any precautions you take to make it less of a hassle.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shave maybe once a week. My hair grows quite fast but i just cant shave everyday. It hurts :( It just feels more satisfying to shave when you've got a fair bit of growth going on. I feel i get a closer shave as well.

I tidy downstairs on occasion. I have shaved it all off before, but it takes alot of effort, so i just give it a seeing to maybe once a month or something.

I don't shave for ages, then do and I hate it. But then I look better when it's grown back a little. I just have this fear of looking like a child I think.

Also I think since my facial hair is inexplicably mostly blonde (I have alternating brown and blonde hair all over my body) that people notice it less (as opposed to if it were black). Which may or may not be true. But I'm over it.

I don't want to shave down below. I think that's weird. I cut it once. In my life.

I love shaving, I don't shave everywhere, but it's kinda turned into a hobby (was going to post this in the new hobby thread but saw this).

I don't know if anyone would be interested but they way IMO that it's supposed to be done is old school, since I started 2 year ago, I haven't looked back to Shitlette machs and 16 blade cartridges, all you need is a Badger Brush, Soap and a double Edged blade and Razor and your good to go...and to be careful >> It's a pricey start up to begin with, if you want the best but overall, gives an amazing shave and hell it gives you time to enjoy something that your grandad or dad might have done.

Despite the lack of hair on my head I am a pretty hairy guy.

I don't bother clean shaving my face anymore I just use a beard trimmer and always have some sort of stubble going on. Sometimes I let it go and have a full on beard. Only takes about a week or so to grow from near nothing.

To be clean shaven I would need to shave every day which I can't be arsed to do. Adding onto this I don't like the feeling of my face when I'm clean shaven. Plus I guess I'm trying to compensate the loss of hair up top!

Apart from that, I'm hairy all over. Man style. I just leave it all really apart from the odd trim and tidy up downstairs for the missus. Plus it makes it look bigger. :)

Edited by Platty

I maintain downstairs when necessary and I hate being clean shaven with a passion. I am totally incapable of growing decent facial hair but every time I shave I look like a chemo patient.

That's it, I've decided I'm never shaving again.

Too be clean shaven I would need to shave every day which I can't be arsed to do. Adding onto this I don't like the feeling of my face when I'm clean shaven. Plus I guess I'm trying to compensate the loss of hair up top!

I shave pretty much every other day, yet I still am never clean shaven. Entirely clean shaven anyway. When I clean shave, I find that my skin feels a bit sore or my face feels too dry. So, I usually just shave with the grain, rather than going against it and ridding my face completely of all hair.

I don't like armpit hair, so I rid myself of that. Like others, I tidy myself up downstairs too. Its good to be cleeeean.

Dont take a razor blade to your ball bag area. I decided this would be a good idea after mucho boredom in my life. They itched and itched for about a month while the hair was growing back, agony, pure agony.

Edited by James

Dont take a razor blade to your ball bag area. I decided this would be a good idea after mucho boredom in my life. They itched and itched for about a month while the hair was growing back, agony, pure agony.

Aye, tried this once. ONLY ONCE! Never do I want to experience that type of itching again. That's why I only trim body hair now.

Haha R_A brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Shaving can be a pain, especially if it's left to grow back, waxing does make things easier although slightly more painful. Although personally I would see epilating your balls far more painful than waxing, like plucking hairs out your balls - ouch!

Also, what a hilarious expression, waxing your nuts. It sounds like you have them up on the table and you're polishing them with a can of TurtleWax :D

Well, when you just need that polished shine and water resistance...

I don't like armpit hair, so I rid myself of that.

Armpits have to be one of the more awkward areas to perform a trim, personally have to combine tool mastery with hand-eye-mirror co-ordination.

As for the face, I don't shave too often because it irritates my skin and because I'm absolutely useless. It's one 'skill' I don't think I'll ever master.

Armpits have to be one of the more awkward areas to perform a trim, personally have to combine tool mastery with hand-eye-mirror co-ordination.

As for the face, I don't shave too often because it irritates my skin and because I'm absolutely useless. It's one 'skill' I don't think I'll ever master.

Armpits are seriously the easiest things to shave, ever. You don't even need a mirror for it!

As for shaving, I pretty much do it every other day (armpits, downstairs and legs). Just do it while I'm in the shower, using water. As I'm too cheap and too lazy to use shaving cream. =P

I sometimes epilate my legs, but it takes so much time and my hair just seems to grow back super fast, so I don't bother too often. Plus it just hurts so much haha.