N-Europe

Candies!

Pookiablo

Jav_NE.. those last two would be two of my least favourite :eek: Very poor choices :heh:

My favourite sweets don't exist any more.. and haven't for an awful long time :sad:

n122585793486_4762.jpg

Omgomgomgomg! Too true! Jesus, those got me a name in school cos they were 25p on the bottom rack of the vending machine, and I used to breeze through a minimum of two packets a day, if not something up to 4 sometimes. Jesus they were tasty! Ice Cream Soda/ was my least favourite, orange and cola were the bessst! Actually, maybe I liked the green ones least. What were they? KiwiandPineapple or something?

Omgomgomgomg! Too true! Jesus, those got me a name in school cos they were 25p on the bottom rack of the vending machine, and I used to breeze through a minimum of two packets a day, if not something up to 4 sometimes. Jesus they were tasty! Ice Cream Soda/ was my least favourite, orange and cola were the bessst! Actually, maybe I liked the green ones least. What were they? KiwiandPineapple or something?

..the green ones were pretty high on my list :hehe: They tasted great :yay:

I'm happy to see all the love in this thread for Fizzy Jerkz.. if only they would bring them back :indeed: They probably just wouldn't be the same though.. nothing ever is :hmm:

..the green ones were pretty high on my list :hehe: They tasted great :yay:

I'm happy to see all the love in this thread for Fizzy Jerkz.. if only they would bring them back :indeed: They probably just wouldn't be the same though.. nothing ever is :hmm:

They changed them halfway through their life cycle anyway! I think it was noticeable on the pinks and greens, the others were relatively samey. I think that was also when I went off of greens, I can't remember exactly what they did, but I know they suddenly started tasting different. Probably some e-number mutate stuff.

They changed them halfway through their life cycle anyway! I think it was noticeable on the pinks and greens, the others were relatively samey. I think that was also when I went off of greens, I can't remember exactly what they did, but I know they suddenly started tasting different. Probably some e-number mutate stuff.

I think a lot of stuff we had as kids have ingredients that have been banned in the UK now... They didn't care all that much about additives in the 80s/90s... That's why a lot of stuff doesn't taste the same anymore! :(

We cant get nerds over here that I'm aware of! Every time I go to the mainland Selfridges is a must-visit for all the awesome sweeeeeties. :D

Haribo and the almighty Pick 'n' Mix are my favorites.

But recently I'm always afraid of getting the Pick 'n' Mix's because usually you see random little children stealing the sweets, half eating them, then their parents tell them to put it back :nono:

It drives me nuts, but I can't resist so I buy them anyway despite how over-priced they usually are.

I think a lot of stuff we had as kids have ingredients that have been banned in the UK now... They didn't care all that much about additives in the 80s/90s... That's why a lot of stuff doesn't taste the same anymore! :(

We cant get nerds over here that I'm aware of! Every time I go to the mainland Selfridges is a must-visit for all the awesome sweeeeeties. :D

I saw some tic-tacs the other day, and they look like puke and bogies now, just dulllll. I liked them when they were like neon bright! I don't care if they kiill me, they were prettty!

Also, speaking of when we were kids, one thing my mum always used to have and I really rarely ever see anymore(I think it might be more of an old person sweet) but does anyone remember...pear drops! I'm sure they're around somewhere, I just never obviously notice them.

I saw some tic-tacs the other day, and they look like puke and bogies now, just dulllll. I liked them when they were like neon bright! I don't care if they kiill me, they were prettty!

Also, speaking of when we were kids, one thing my mum always used to have and I really rarely ever see anymore(I think it might be more of an old person sweet) but does anyone remember...pear drops! I'm sure they're around somewhere, I just never obviously notice them.

I had pear drops last week.. and the week before :grin: They're still great.. and, as we all know, they taste the same way nail polish remover smells :hehe:

I loved (I haven't had any in ages):

Wine Gums:

wine-gums-380x253.jpg

Midget Gems:

midget_gems.jpg

Rainbow Drops:

rainbowdropsnew.jpg

From what I remember, rainbow drops weren't particularity lovely but they were extremely colourful and you got absolutely loads for about 30p.

..ah yeh, I miss Nerds too.. particularly Neon Nerds!

3650609291_83681ae76d.jpg

When I was really young, I actually remember trying to make a jelly out of Dweebs simply by just throwing them into a bowl of water for a couple of hours..

..needless to say, it didn't work :indeed:

I used to eat these by the bucket load! I truly miss them, many hours spent in the park eating these and chucking them at people. :bouncy: