N-Europe

The Moat Saga

Ellmeister

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Whats your Raoul Moat name?*

First name of your hairdresser then your favourite military barricade. Mines Mario Portcullis.

That amused me on Twitter.

As for Raoul Moat...who cares? fuck him.

I hear he likes it when people Raoulmoat up his bum.

Good?

I've been following this and I think it's disgusting that he's being called a legend and a hero and such. Cold-blooded murder is just wrong and should not be praised in any sort of way and I don't condone what he did.

However, Raoul Moat knew he had a problem and he continually asked to see a psychiatrist for months on end and the reason why he had such a hatred for the police is because they kept on hassling him during his days of being a bouncer and then, after he quit because of his kids and he became a tree surgeon, he was still hassled even though he was doing nothing wrong. The man even started recording things just to prove he weren't doing anything. There were loads of cameras outside and inside the house, hidden in bushes and such and he wouldn't even go out without a wire. I can't deny that there is part of me that feels a little bit sorry for him because he was tormented, one can only take so much before one snaps. Even his ex-girlfriend's mom said she hates him for what he did but he asked for help and nobody gave it him.

But yeah, I don't get the praising at all. Why praise a killer? He's not a hero, just a disturbed, frustrated man...

Edited by Animal

I've been following this and I think it's disgusting that he's being called a legend and a hero and such. Cold-blooded murder is just wrong and should not be praised in any sort of way and I don't condone what he did.

However, Raoul Moat knew he had a problem and he continually asked to see a psychiatrist for months on end and the reason why he had such a hatred for the police is because they kept on hassling him during his days of being a bouncer and then, after he quit because of his kids and he became a tree surgeon, he was still hassled. The man even started recording things just to prove he weren't doing anything. I can't deny that there is part of me that feels a little bit sorry for him because he was tormented, one can only take so much before one snaps. Even his ex-girlfriend's mom said she hates him for what he did but he asked for help and nobody gave it him.

But yeah, I don't get the praising at all. He's not a hero, just a disturbed, frustrated man...

Pitying someone and hailing someone as a hero are two completely different things. If what you're writing there is true, I do indeed pity him very much as well. But I would never hail him as a hero. Criticise the system, on the other hand - yes, I'd do that!

Pitying someone and hailing someone as a hero are two completely different things. If what you're writing there is true, I do indeed pity him very much as well. But I would never hail him as a hero. Criticise the system, on the other hand - yes, I'd do that!

This is true. He actually recorded the conversations with social workers and the police and himself and you can clearly hear what he says and what they say. It must have been hell living like that, being so paranoid you feel you have to record everything just to prove you didn't say or do what you're accused of.

You wanna know the kind of people who respect him?

dicksl.png

Dicks.

I do however feel saddened by the sudden demonisation of Moaty, just like Derrick.

Clearly there were mental issues with both and, in the case of Moat, problems stemming from family and issues in society.

He doesn't earn my respect for that though.

Fuck him, people go through that shit and worse everyday.

This is weird because generally I'm the sort of person that has opinions on criminals that most people find contemptible. You know, 'What about their rights?' 'The death penalty is a bad idea'. Yet this...people are cheering for this dickhead? He served an 18 week sentence for assault and killed someone because he felt 'abused by the system'. Shame he was so paranoid but my god he was murderer people! He deserves 15-20 not a collective high five. I still dislike the police though, they seem to have been slightly incompetent throughout this.

On the plus side, I have now learned of Gazza's chicken and lager delivery service. I shall use it regularly.

dicksl.png

Could have been interesting if the English language hadn't have been raped in the process. Just another case of scum supporting scum, nothing new.

True, people do and most cope and manage it well. I do however think it's a reflection on the society we've become that this sort of thing is happening and I'm sure it will happen again and again until the root cause of the problem is solved, but that's another debate for another thread...

What debate? What on earth are the arguments that he IS a "legend"?

There is a debate to be had: should people be allowed to create groups like that?

Even though it's an utterly terrible thing to do, I think that people should be allowed to express their opinion no matter how crazy it is. If you see anyone join a group like that, just remove or hide them.

There is a debate to be had: should people be allowed to create groups like that?

Even though it's an utterly terrible thing to do, I think that people should be allowed to express their opinion no matter how crazy it is. If you see anyone join a group like that, just remove or hide them.

Agreed, it is freedom of speech after all. Something that i do agree on.

Still, those people are able to cope with it, something he obviously wasn't. It's a question about mental strength and health.

I'm not defending him. What he did was horrible. But I don't think of him as an evil man, rather a very troubled man, whom I pity. I hope this will create focus on the faults of the system in this and cases like it.

I'd rather go with "should these people be allowed to procreate?"

It amazes me in that string of facebook posts that people think it's fine to do what he did under certain circumstances (e.g. girlfriend dumping him for another man). This happens to people all the time but it takes a completely paranoid arsehole to react like this. His prison/dumping circumstances seem to have been entirely self-caused, so he had only himself to blame.

Unlike most, I'm not going to go along with him having 'mental issues' as a reason to pity him. It's just far too easy and honestly doesn't serve out the hatred a creature like this deserves. I genuinely think he was a stupid dick who, perhaps in a moment of sheer anger, triggered a sequence of events that led to his eventual suicide. Once he had begun his outburst, he essentially followed through.

Still, those people are able to cope with it, something he obviously wasn't. It's a question about mental strength and health.

It may not necessarily mean he was mentally ill or couldn't cope. Some people are genuinely spiteful, dare I say evil.

Edited by Sheikah

Your right that if we dont know the numbers involved for how often prisons contact the police after someone is released and that probably factors in with this but you have to think that if the prison felt strongly enough to contact the police about a possible threat then that should have been taken more seriously than apparently it was.

I'd rather go with "should these people be allowed to procreate?"

It amazes me in that string of facebook posts that people think it's fine to do what he did under certain circumstances (e.g. girlfriend dumping him for another man). This happens to people all the time but it takes a completely paranoid arsehole to react like this. His prison/dumping circumstances seem to have been entirely self-caused, so he had only himself to blame.

Unlike most, I'm not going to go along with him having 'mental issues' as a reason to pity him. It's just far too easy and honestly doesn't serve out the hatred a creature like this deserves. I genuinely think he was a stupid dick who, perhaps in a moment of sheer anger, triggered a sequence of events that led to his eventual suicide. Once he had begun his outburst, he essentially followed through.

It may not necessarily mean he was mentally ill or couldn't cope. Some people are genuinely spiteful, dare I say evil.

You're right that there are genuinely evil people out there. Regarding Moat's mental state, we don't really know the extent and/or existence of his mental illness, but I don't think I agree with you on that point. If he really was as paranoid and mentally ill as some sources claim him to be, and if he really was neglected as much by the system, I feel a lot more pity for him than hate. I know my view on this will probably stir some minds, but if he truly was that mentally disturbed, I don't think he can be held completely responsible for his actions.