Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Best Gaming Memories?

Happenstance

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck best; In STALKER: Clear Sky, I just got hired to kill a dog outside a camp filled with mercenaries and enough ammo to re-enact the fucking Somme. Then, I am led, as part of a story progression into an underground bunker where I am shot and "dispossessed" of not only all my cash, but all my armour and weapons that I had spent 7 hours of game time collecting, while NPC's laugh at my stupidity.

Only by a game made in fucking Russia would this shit fly. And I goddamn love it. Had to shake myself after shutting the damn thing down I was so absorbed.

Apart from that, the greatest gaming memory has to be from Chrono Trigger: Apart from the whole game being a showcase of excellence, I particularly remember first stepping into the world map of the 600ad timezone and the music playing, and by god it was so beautiful.

Such an awesome thread!

I've just remembered quite a few amazing memories.

I think my favorites are

- Playing Spyro on the PS1. Just an epic game

- Playing all the Crash Bandicoots (sp?). I loved when you died and all the apples would just flow down. The coco levels like the one where you went on the tiger across the wall of China is just EPIC! I think Crash Team Racing is probably my favorite though, especially Cortex's Castle =D

Time for a proper post in all openhood -

I guess the best gaming memories would stem from when I was 3, when I remember watching my

father.gif

playing a little game called

doom-art-original.jpg

At least I think it was

doom-art-original.jpg

cause it was a shooty thing, and the only real part I remember about it was him being hunted by a monster in a kind of library place and that you could consume

dog_food.jpg

for health. I also remember him playing

diablo-movie.jpg

which was essentially shit-your-pants-horrifying after only being on the planet for a short while. I remember him getting raped by some axe skeleton or something lame within a short moment of play. Some sort of event Double-Set-trigger-detail.jpg

and basically you die because of fright and in-game enemy massacre or something.

When I moved house we had our PC set up and I was introduced to what I think.gif

was the very original

virtua-fighter-saturn.jpg

with clumsy animation and keyboard controls to

shackleton_boot_400%20Cornwall%20SPRI.jpg

The best thing about the game was this character called geoffrey.jpg

but he actually looked like this in game:

jeffrey_face.jpg

At the end of each triumph win he would say "I'm...... Jeffrey!!", which is the sort of amazing, typical videogame writing everyone knows about.

I just remember this time

always.jpg

well because it was when I found that I was awesome at games, and I also displayed to daddykins that I could get quite angry when playing them. Dying in the original

rayman.jpg

for example, or failing in

super-mario-land.jpg

got me in a bit of a strop300.jpg

(strop, if you didn't get that)

Then one of the most awesomest things evar happened, when I played a game called

Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

at a dad's friends house. My dad liked the look of the system and the 12 games that this guy had so he bought it on the 600px-cheep_cheep.jpg

(÷2)

Everyone knows what memories come with that, stuff like continually replaying Lylat Wars/experiencing Zelda/Goldeneye etc. No im not posting FanPhotos3.jpg of them all, too many.

I remember becoming jealous of a family friends'

e213.jpg

I've never actually owned one, but everytime I made a journey to either my cousins or these friends that lived ages away, I'd savour the time we'd play Tekken multiplayer or the

BadCharsCrash_Bandicoot.png

series. Sonic also featured on a megadrive a friend had, but I never really became a massive fan.

However I do remember playing bofe

Kid%20Chameleon.gif

and

8.jpg

as well as shinobi and whatever games were playable on the

Arcade%20Machine.jpg at the

Pub.jpg even though it was a pound.JPG a pop and we hardly ever progressed.

This is just part 1, check the below post for the rest.

Edited by dwarf

Beyond this point there wasn't a whole lot of game playing for a while, other than the occasional PC game or demo. However one special

christmas_tree.gif (minus the tree), I was surprised with teh brand new PS2 that I truly wasn't expecting due to some convincing speak. The games included Rayman 2 (wasn't exactly new but it re- Photo%20of%20Space%20Shuttle%20Launch.JPG

with the system), Donald Duck's Quack Attack and also

2995-ssx-1-xlbqp.jpg

which is still ze best because of the incrense

Shortcut.png

I remember having a good late night spent in our new

d_3988.jpg

with a friend when we played

quake3_gameplay_ss.jpg

&

2.jpeg

to the early hours.

Playing

168_1192555242.jpg

& 3 co-op with one of my best mates was beautiful, so god damn fun and challenging seeing as we unlocked everything, and the difficult modes on that were tres difficile. It's like we had a relationship with each other and with that game, it was that tear-inducing and

39.jpg.

I was then reminded of Nintendo when I revisited those family friends again. One of the dudes had bought a Gamecube and was playing

00c.jpg

I enjoyed it immensely and for me this is quite a

key1.2350.png

moment in my gaming life and general life. I know that sounds

dramatic-chipmunk.gif

but really it is what led me to discover the web and these forums and everyone who was chatting about their experiences, reviews and all that

DancingtoJazzPrintC10055746.jpeg

I got myself a system and Double Dash, was plodding along getting a few games and then one day I found myself in

20050516derby_gamestation1.jpg

exploring the second hand games section when suddenly,

explosion.jpg

I made my best ever decision to buy

447244_87789_front.jpg

My favourite game since time.This was what instigated me to comment on Cube-Europe and become engrossed in all this journalism etc, and basically whut hapend was that I became a

nintendo-logo.jpg

nintendo64kidscreaming.jpg

A specific

highlight.jpg

for the system was playing 4 player

wario-ware-inc.jpg

, but the english version obviously, you pedants, as well as 4 player

Super_Monkey_Ball_Coverart.png

This was either with my cousins, with a hilariously bad female cousin who would constantly lose Wobble Bobbly and monkey fight in those 2 games respectively, or with my sister and 2 girls that attracted me at le time. So that was a success.

2 player Melee (occasionally played it with moar, but few of my friends really appreciated the game) got serious playtime, and there'd be pretty heated competition. As always there'd be a fight to get the official controller seeing as the third

enews_party_hat.jpg

GAME ones were terrible.

Like the German's who were brainwashed by

adolf-hitler.jpg

, I had to follow everything that Nintendo did and buy everything they sold (this analogy isn't literal). I got myself a Duus, which was entertaining for a while and a nintendo-wii-console.jpg

a short time after it went on sale. There were some good games on both systems but I was finding it hard, unlike before, to really find any games that interested me. I ended up selling both of them because of that and because the first party stuff that was coming out didn't seem to contain the true heart_pic9.gif

and soul as the prequels. The anticipation for MP:Echoes to arrive was monumental, and I was really satisfied by it, but after having an excited wait for curruption, it appeared the designers had got lazy and it didn't come across as special to me. I felt that in a way with Galaxy too, and when the consensus was that of 'best game evar', I thought I'd try a new system. I was already intrigued with the other systems, again because of my cousin, who had a 360. Essentially I wound up getting a PS3 because of, low and behold, a

Haze.jpg

demo. I saw some neat graphics and I'd played a few good FPS' on the so called HD consoles and based on a few other

cd60.gif

I got one.

This generation for me has been a lot about the whole online experience, a ton of sequels, and backwards looking developers/ people wanting remakes of classics. This suits me in a way because after I bought

1-Resistance_2.jpg

I knew I was a fan of these online shmups and sequelhood/expansion. I learned that I was godly in a standard deathmatch, which is always nice to know and hopefully will help me get into university.

Had a few decent Fifa games on these systems as well, with one memorable game where I

rainbow-over-the-muldrow-glacier_1127.jpg

flicked a friend from the kick-off and volleyed it top corner from just inside his half. Bantz!!! LAD! Of late, there's been some decent 4 player split-screen MW2 with

1250666097_Besteck_Onda_Obstmesser_WMF_Besteck_Onda.jpg only on rustaroundwindow.jpg

Cries of "stop thinking you're good" and "No" ensue.

The best thing to come out of these consoles so far has to be

fallout-3-1010.jpg

I got this shortly after MGS4, which was pretty decent, but I saw a clip of the game and was in awe at the seeming vastness. I had not heard of Oblivion and had never really thought of a 1st person

sandbox1.gif

title and didn't really think it would work or be as big as it apparently promised. All you really need to know (if you didn't already) was that I was wrong, and I was totally blown away by the whole thing. An absolute masterpiece that almost knocked MP out of my

no1.gif

favourite nano-sheath. (game)

Whilst I've missed so much stuff from this, that's a glimpse for you all to cherish and die merrily with.

paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-20041007022823102.jpg

thanks.jpg

for sharing my amazing journey, it means so much to me, my dreams have come true!

Edited by dwarf

Yeah, playing Timesplitters 2 on Story Co-Op with a friend was awesome. Great moments to be had, especially on Siberia Dam. We never completed AtomSmasher, but I don't care.

That game was fantastic, and one of the very few FPSes that stands out.

Yeah, playing Timesplitters 2 on Story Co-Op with a friend was awesome. Great moments to be had, especially on Siberia Dam. We never completed AtomSmasher, but I don't care.

That game was fantastic, and one of the very few FPSes that stands out.

Was that the bomb disposal one? That level was frickin' mental on the hardest difficulty.

I loved all the levels on the campaign, even though most people thought it was bad. I just found it to be hilariously eccentric and random, plus the environments were generally well thought out.

I was looking into gettin Majoras Mask from the VC, has the glitch that made the game crash on the GC been fixed??. If it has, i am contemplating a purchase because mine crashed the other day.

Yes it has. Go go go!

The recent ReZ dwarf bromance is really cringeworthy. Dwarf is like his manchild baby. :p

Yes it has. Go go go!

The recent ReZ dwarf bromance is really cringeworthy. Dwarf is like his manchild baby. :p

It's not cringe-worthy, it's real. We're just progressing to the point where our relationship goes completely public.

Also, can I just say that I don't find you funny? Cool. I know what your response to this may be, but I think using the ignore button is a good option for both of us, it has got to that point now. Man, I originally thought you were a good member.

It's not cringe-worthy, it's real. We're just progressing to the point where our relationship goes completely public.

Also, can I just say that I don't find you funny? Cool. I know what your response to this may be, but I think using the ignore button is a good option for both of us, it has got to that point now. Man, I originally thought you were a good member.

From your 2 part post one thing anyone can deduce is that you are trying too hard to be funny. Which is about the worst angle you can take when trying to be funny.

And if it helps, I never found you to be a good member. Always an annoying arse.

Its not cringeworthy, its sexy. We're not even friends. We're business partners. And our business?

pwning n00bs.

From your 2 part post one thing anyone can deduce is that you are trying too hard to be funny. Which is about the worst angle you can take when trying to be funny.

I don't think he was trying too hard to be funny, he was trying to do a decent post, and it was both awesome and funny. So yeah.....theres not even a problem here tbh so that is fine.

Its not cringeworthy,

Oh come on. Even you can't believe that.

I don't think he was trying too hard to be funny

This is coming from someone who dressed up as a woman with lipstick to take his picture for N-E? And often poses with that Scribblenauts giblets hat on his head?

Yeah...I wouldn't expect you to think someone could ever be trying too hard.

Edited by Sheikah

And if it helps, I never found you to be a good member. Always an annoying arse.

Well I was putting humour in my post, and everyone knows that lots of pictures equate to comedy gold. The point is, at least it was interesting, whereas so many times I've either seen you make piss-poor attempts to attract a laugh, or more often than not you're too serious and bot like. Now before I

derailment.jpg

the thread, I think a goodbye is in order.

"goodbye/good riddance".

Everyone continue, sorry for the argument. (officially ignore listed)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!