NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11: Season 14, Fresh Blood and Old Grudges

Kind of expected a loss still glad I hung on for 3rd place. Congrats Dyson, Silverdale and Recall! Also shout out to DuD and Mcoy great seasons for you guys in the top flight.

Bloody Dotson getting injured was a real shame he is at 10 dev value might have to move him on :/ Marconossi and Weesle also only at 12. Still everyone else is looking good Mozzini is at 17!

We will have a week off from Friday so everyone can get their sqauds sorted after the change report and we have time to get new members.

So a few things for everyone to look at.

Does anyone want a cup in the silly season? I will be quite happy to arrange one via friendlys if their is a demand.

Prize draw and reports will be finished hopefully by Friday so keep tuning in for that.

We need new members. Sorry to say this again but if you know anyone please ask as the lower league needs some new blood.

And that is all! Thanks for a great sesaon everyone I can't wait for number 15!

I am so screwed next season. Two defenders retiring is essentially killing my team.

I need to purchase an older defender (two really) which means I'm going to sell my 21 7 keeper who will hopefully be a 22 8 next season. He could sell for 5 million, maybe more. I could possibly squeeze in two 30 9s. But the form in the rest of my team will suffer after the change report, and it will also create future issues with my goalkeepers.

Nightmare.

But ... promoted! Yay!

Disappointing end to the season, but at least I can find some happiness in being the best of the old lower league 2 members. If I had won those two home matches I would have been promoted over BSO. And I did draw them in the away matches.

Change report will be good I guess, some very good ones and some barely made it.

Disappointing season, start was promising. I don't know what happened after that.

My change report is going to suck :(

Satisfied with the win, some of the Dev values are not as high as I hoped so there may be one or two transfers in and out. I'm pretty lucky yet again on the Xpert Pools:cool:

Only the second team to beat Dysonism this season... and i did it with a 3 goal margin :yay:

Pretty happy with a strong 2nd place finish :D

Another good season has come to an end :)

Relegated... Ah well, probably deserved it having missed 2 weeks.

Going to give me a chance to have a spring clean. Brusling and Crowley are both going. Offers welcome for both of them.

I think I'll need to bring in a bit of experience i nthe form of an older player to get my average age up. I plan on coming straight back up, having won the league and picking up all the awards along the way to get some nice extra money. :)

Im starting to think that im watching my players form a bit too carefully and not putting out my best squad is really hurting my league positions. Plus I didnt even get a lot of them a good average this season!

Not looking forward to next season. Happenstance FC, the first ever N-Europe X Eleven champions, in the bottom league! :cry:

Wow, wasn't expecting a win today as i fielded mainly the younger players today. Shall be checking my change report, will probably be expecting a few players to increase.

chelsea-champions-2009-10.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

My god. FINALLY. After... 2 or 3 years of playing the game I finally managed to work my way to the top of the top, stay there and trounce the competition. It's been a long time coming. Now I've got to try and defend it (better than Essex Elites did anyway :heh:)

Bring on Season 15!

Ok that was my first X 11 participation, and i only entered for the final 5 games, so i have no idea what your guys are talking about with regards to the change report.

also the transfer window, once that's open in 19 hours time can you then look at any player? Cause at the moment search for players, see some talent but cant actually do any further actions.

Many congrats Dyson! Winning it feels awesome.

Murr, the change report happens at the end of every season. All your players will gain one year of age (those that declared retirement a few weeks ago will retire), prize money is given out, and player skill will be adjusted. Special qualities are not affected (moody, goal instincts, that sort of thing).

A player's Development Value dictates whether the skill change will be an increase (DV>10) or a decrease (DV<10). Not all skill changes are visible (someone might go from a 5.1 to a 5.4 - but the visible skill remains at 5).

If a players skill goes up their form will be hit hard, if it goes down they will have a form increase. It is much better to have everyone go up and get a form hit, as form can be changed with some training.

Next season, in the bottom league I would invest heavily in youth (and probably still get promoted). An 18 4 could be a 23 9 if all goes well. (4 visible jumps in 6 seasons is a more reasonable goal I think.)

All depends on how much money you have though. A 17 5 with a skill will be very expensive, but in 10 seasons he'll be running riot if he has good change reports.

Every single of my players has 11 or more dev. value. It has simply been my best training season of all time -- I'm expecting one double-jump for my super-defender (dev. value 16 - last year he had 20 :P), and hoping for three or four others as most of my youth are sitting between 12 and 14 dev-value. My older guys are mostly 11s and 12s... but I will be shocked if anyone goes down. Still got one last training session ongoing and 5m in the bank -- will consider transfers after the change report, maybe sell a couple of guys - with 5m in teh bank I need to beef up my squad as my plans for next season, while still not promotion, involve not surviving relegation with the FINAL game of the season...

... And what a game it was! Went 3-0 up and it finished 3-3, giving me the point I needed to survive. Happenstance will bounce back next season - I'll be surprised if the three that get relegated don't all come straight back up (except shorty as he may choose to not play for a few months :P)

The boys coming from the top league look set to get straight back up there again. Am I wrong in remembering that, once upon a time, a 7-skill player was amazing and now the top league is littered with squads of 9-skill?

I havent got anybody over 8 skill.. at the moment anyway :grin: change report due tomorrow..?

Every single of my players has 11 or more dev. value. It has simply been my best training season of all time -- I'm expecting one double-jump for my super-defender (dev. value 16 - last year he had 20 :P), and hoping for three or four others as most of my youth are sitting between 12 and 14 dev-value. My older guys are mostly 11s and 12s... but I will be shocked if anyone goes down. Still got one last training session ongoing and 5m in the bank -- will consider transfers after the change report, maybe sell a couple of guys - with 5m in teh bank I need to beef up my squad as my plans for next season, while still not promotion, involve not surviving relegation with the FINAL game of the season...

... And what a game it was! Went 3-0 up and it finished 3-3, giving me the point I needed to survive. Happenstance will bounce back next season - I'll be surprised if the three that get relegated don't all come straight back up (except shorty as he may choose to not play for a few months :P)

The boys coming from the top league look set to get straight back up there again. Am I wrong in remembering that, once upon a time, a 7-skill player was amazing and now the top league is littered with squads of 9-skill?

I got pretty much the same stats and I went all in expect for the last match when there was no point. Got two youths at 16, my best midfielder at 15, 6 at 13-14(five of them is 23 or younger), 4 at 11-12(oldies) and 1 at 10. That's 14 players between 10 and 16. The other four will leave as soon as I can sell them. Obviously need to buy at least two to take their place.

Yep, well done Dyson.

You were the best team easily throughout the whole season. Massive well done to DuD also, to finish 2nd in your first season in the top flight, and with, according to the team stats section, the weakest team. Awesome achievement.:cool:

Next season, hopefully i can challenge the big guns for longer than i did this season. I was right in the mix 7 games in, then something like 6 losses in 7 games really cost me.

Thanks MadDog :)

Also well down to Dyson!

I'm pretty sure i've just had a lucky season... i can't see me finishing that well next season (if i'm still able to carry on playing)?

Really don't want to leave my boys behind now. They've become a decent team over the last five seasons..... even if we still haven't actually won anything :(

:EDIT:

Theres too many 'season's in that post :D

DFB3Liga.jpg

The eighteenth and final round, but the winners will already have had their big party.

Juicy Fruits 2 – 1 Complete Domstercool

It was all academic at the Fruit Tooty stadium but neither side seemed ready to take it easy as both sides went hammer and tongs to a thrilling victory victory. Domsetrcool pulled ahead early with a superb arching shot from Ross Siddal finding the net in less then ten minutes. A spate of tempestuous defending led to a yellow for Fruits star Ruud Jordan and an injury to Domsters’ Cardwell. In the second half Jordan soon made up for his rash behavious with a plucky breakaway to draw the Fruits level. After that Juicy Fruit went on the attack but failed repeatedly to find the net until well into extra time Kartasemita sealed it with a lucky effort from a corner. Both teams can hold their heads high.

Rising Phoenix 4 – 0 Martinists Men

It was another four goal beating for the beleaguered Men despite showing fight throughout. The referee earned his pay as yellow card flew at both sides despite neither having anything to play for other then pride. Rising Phoenix was on top form penetrating opposition defence again and again. First lorimer with a penalty then Osbourne with a header seemed to knock the wind out of the Men, biut they soon picked up after the break and went on the attack. However this left them open at the back and Rick Freedman scored a header off a wonderful cross. Finally the Men secured a single worthy goal, Dougie Bowman slipping through the back 4. A final goal from Osbourne in extra time bookended the match.

Recall United 3 – 1 Bayern Fish

League champions Recall United showed no signs of slacking as they hammered fellow league promotion winners Bayern Fish in front of jubilant home crowds. The Fish locked the Recall offence effectively down but finally snapped in the second half when first Gers then Wallbank dribbled right sround the back markers to find the net with relative ease. A solid freekick from Hammarksjold gave Bayern a sniff of success but it was quickly shot down as another superb effort from Gers finished the game.

Murrchester United 4 – 0 Lededhead Dominatrix

With the league now effectively over one might forgive the normally solid Lededhead squad for already looking away to the future, but their appalling finally performance will leave some fans disgruntled. Murrchester were peerless in this final round, surely a preview of things to come. Takeo, Hagiwara and then Koga twice all the second half was a shocking a humiliating act of destruction against the Dominmatrixi(?) Here’s hoping they can pull themselves and their morale together before next season.

Most Important Result - Juicy Fruits 2 – 1 Complete Domstercool, The Juicy’s rising from 6th to 5th is everything in finding extra motivation for next season.

Turned On Style – Murrchester United fires a warning shot to future rivals.

Player of the Day – Cammy Gers once again, suddenly now the darling of the Lower League 2 Champions and soon to be Lower League 1 contenders.

So that's it from me and everyone on the X11 News Team. So to N-Europe X11 Season XIV and to everyone out there, until next time...

Not too bad a change report. +5 visible, +7 total. I finally have a player who has broken 9 skill which seems to have been a barrier of mine for several seasons. :)

+ 8. Only a few visible ones.

Lee Patton was surprising, with an increase of two. There were 5 other visible changes.

My forwards were hugely disappointing. All of them had 15+ Dev Value and 12+ Average form, and yet none had visible changes. They all must have been Something.1, with an increase taking it to .8 or .9,

7+ and 7 visible. A bit disappointed that my best midfielder didn't get an increase despite 15 in dev value. At least my forwards got an increase for once.

I have a forward 22-6, free kicker, tough and good instinct for sale. He's worth 2.5 mill.

One of my players got the award for most yellow cards for the second time in a row^^'

+12. 11 visible changes. Fritjof Tygesen had a double jump so now he is an incredible 18 6.

Only a +9 for me this time (7 visible).. i think thats my worst report so far (since the 1st season and i actually know what i'm doing)?! Its actually a +7 really, but i never intended on keeping the 2 youth strikers who both dropped.. they joined too late in the season to do anything with :(

I've now got two 9's :yay: both players came through as youths :D

Also got theo to have a visible change after he had a double jump last season. Good going :D