Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

You should be fined if Blackpool did, which by the way they did. Holloway threatened to resign if they got done and apparently he took his notice to the board who obviously said no!

But in all seriousness, to field a weakened side could cause trouble with all the relegation facing sides since it means they may have gain valuable points. OF course this is all speculation.

Yeah, but Flinks point is that if a weakened side is fielded and you still win then can you really be punished? It wont have had any effect on the league standings. I'm presuming Blackpool lost the game they played a weakened side in?

Edit: Actually was it against Villa? I don't think they lost that did they? 2-2?

If so then I don't really know - either way United will be happy with risking a fine anyway!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be fined if Blackpool did, which by the way they did. Holloway threatened to resign if they got done and apparently he took his notice to the board who obviously said no!

But in all seriousness, to field a weakened side could cause trouble with all the relegation facing sides since it means they may have gain valuable points. OF course this is all speculation.

If Blackpool did, then yeah, we should as well, in the interest of consistency. But, at the same time, it is stupid. Also, as cruel as it is to say, United, Chelsea, Blackpool, whoever...they don't owe the other teams anything. If United want to go with a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers in that last game, and go overly attacking, then they have a right to. If they want to play with 1 up top, they have every right to. It's not our concern what goes on with other teams. Harsh, but it's the truth.

Also, another way of looking at it is...players will be playing for their Champions League places. So, if it is a slightly weaker team, they'll still put in a good performance anyway. Besides, what exactly is a weakened United team? With Anderson and Gibson in the middle? The same two who ran the second leg against Schalke?

I'm all for this 25 man squad rule. Provided the manager has the say on whatever team he chooses. Are the FA going to provide each team with a list of all the possible team combinations they're allowed?

Edit: If I remember right, Pool lost 3-2 to Villa.

What a match. United bossed it all the way through. I can only remember a couple of Chelsea shots on target, and United had so many chances. It could have been 4 or 5-0 at half time. One more point and we've got it; if they can't get one point of Blackburn or Blackpool they don't deserve the cup.

Fantastic Result and what a way to start the match! Half mt street probably heard me when Hernandez got that goal!!!!

I couldn't believe how good we looked compared to Chelsea in the first half! We did seem to take the foot of the gas a bit in the second half which lead to Chelsea getting their goal but all good in the end!

I can't even be bothered to go look for or listen to Wenger's interview, but if he even hints at that being anything other than a shower of shit he's going to have a shit storm hit next Sunday.

I can't even be bothered to go look for or listen to Wenger's interview, but if he even hints at that being anything other than a shower of shit he's going to have a shit storm hit next Sunday.

I didn't see the game, but was the defending as bad as was described? And did Vermaelen (sp?) play?

I know Arsenal have had better days, but surely days like this are when you know you need high quality players in that position. I don't rate Djourou (sp?) and I think he's just one of these players who is put into that position to get by. He won't ever keep that position for himself, if you know what I mean. As a fifth choice or something, or as a utility player, good, but...not what you need.

You've seen what happen when you go for actual quality. You get somebody like Vermaelen, or Arshavin (when he was actually good.)

Apart from Wilshere they were all shite, so I'm not going to single anyone out. But the defense needs another shake up in the summer.

I wasn't pointing just him out, but talking about those types of players. I dunno, maybe he'll surprise us all and become a Park sorta character who is pretty hard to displace from the team.

Defenders need to be like warriors. Sometimes when you're defending, you forget it's a football match and you envisage yourself going for much more than the ball. And, that willpower drives you on to claim that ball. Everytime I see Vidic going for a header, I know that he's going to get it, because he wants to get that ball and stop it going anywhere near the goal. You need a defender with that sorta mindset.

Problem is, they are very rare. You can probably find a good amount of decent or even good centre-backs. But those Puyol or Lucio type of characters, they only come by every so often.

Elated! what an amazing day of football.

We were on fire, in particularly in the first half. Quick out the blocks and really taking it to chelski. I love Hernandez, was running round the flat like a loon when he banged that in. Thought in the second half we were gonna collapse after missing all those chances, Rooney should have scored.

Great team performance, everyone put a good shift in, the midfield were amazing. For the first half hour Park was everywhere and as for Giggs, what a legend.

Over the moon :D

The weaker team thing is ridiculous, loads of teams use squad rotation, it seems like the smaller teams always get punished though. Who are the FA to say who is your stronger team, you should be allowed to field any combination of your squad. Blackpool did get fined btw, Ian Holloway threatened to quit but he never despite the fine.

I'm sure we'll play a similar squad like we did against Schalke. I reckon Berba will start the next two for sure.

Apart from Wilshere they were all shite, so I'm not going to single anyone out. But the defense needs another shake up in the summer.

You can have Sol Campbell back if you like!

Good win for the Toon yesterday, as usual we nearly self-destructed after getting it in the bag, but three points are three points.

You can have Sol Campbell back if you like!

Good win for the Toon yesterday, as usual we nearly self-destructed after getting it in the bag, but three points are three points.

I'll take Sol back just so we can attempt to clone him.

Real Madrid already beginning to splash the cash...

Real Madrid to sign Nuri Sahin

Twenty-two year old Nuri Sahin is a talented, young midfielder fresh off a German Bundesliga title with Borussia Dortmund. The German-born Turk has a knack for distributing the ball as well as recovering it. With a powerful left foot and an eye for ball placement, he is also a master at free-kicks. Sahin has wowed the world since the age of 16, when he became the youngest player to play and score in the Bundesliga.

Sahin was born on 5 September 1988 in Ludenscheid, Germany. His early football days can be traced back to Meinerzhagen prior to joining Borussia Dortmund's academy in 2001. On 6 August 2005, Sahin set a record by becoming the youngest player to debut in the Bundesliga in a match against Wolfsburg. Three months later (26 November), he also became the youngest player to score in the Bundesliga with a goal against Nuremberg.

His international career has been equally as successful. Sahin played and won the European Championship with Turkey's Under-17 side at the age of 16. He later participated in the Under-17 World Cup, and despite falling to Brazil in the semifinals, Sahin was one of the best players in the championship and finished as the second highest scorer of the competition. He debuted for Turkey in October 2005 against Germany and became the youngest player to ever score for his country.

The midfielder was loaned to Feyenoord for the 2007/08 season and the following year returned to Borussia Dortmund. He has played 135 matches for the German side and scored 13 goals. This season alone he scored six goals and served eight assists en route to Borussia's first Bundesliga title since 2001/02.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330056827896/noticia/Noticia/Real_Madrid_to_sign_Nuri_Sahin.htm

Arsenal are looking to buy a £15million teenager as a replacement for Nasri. Does Wenger really not get why they are where they are?

Mourinho wants Lampard as a swap for Kaka, and he wants Drogba too as Drogba seems to want to leave. Not many managers with such a strong list of former players who love him.

Great result. Suarez was stunning, what a player. Maxi had a good game, he went missing for parts of the game, though. Can't believe after the start we had under Hodgson, we're still in with a slim chance of 4th with 2 games left. King Kenny is a genius.

Lovely football from Liverpool tonight, Suarez had an awesome game, the Fulham defence just couldn't handle him at all. Well done Maxi for getting the goals again. Hope for a good result between the Spurs v City game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!