Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

Amazing what two weeks in the world of football can do. Things are looking up, a win tonight and we're back in the hunt.

Bollocks to two weeks, two days and you play like that.

Almost undone all of Monday nights hard work, thankfully Birmingham stole a point off Utd. So nothing has really changed. Missed opportunity though and puts even more pressure on getting a win at St Andrews which we've not done in a while.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More stupid comments from Woy after the game aswell. He said something along these lines; It's unfair to say losing to a team in your league is unacceptable. So that result isn't unacceptable, nevermind the performance. Then he said these things happen now and again (basically) No, they don't happen now and again, they're happening weekly, and it's so depressing to see us so close to the relegation places halfway through the season.

It was bad enough being there after 6 games, nevermind at the new year.

I'm annoyed.

MadDog.. I went to a place down the road from my friend's house to watch the match with him tonight, and we were simply awful :sad:

Raul Meireles had a really good opportunity in the first half, but other than that we created nothing of note. You mentioned that the BBC feed claimed that Wolves looked like the home team.. and I'd go along with that. There seemed to be no desire :hmm:

One moment in the match said it all to me. Wolves were advancing into our half and we won the ball. Gerrard went on a burst from around the edge of our box towards the half way line but my eyes were drawn towards the rest of the midfield as none of them advanced with him in an attempt to form any sort of attacking threat.

Liverpool have become really bad to watch, a far cry from the performances in the second half of the 2008/2009 season :sad:

We (Liverpool) need a better manager, its obvious he doesnt have the dressing room. Why we ever went for him is beyond me anyway :(

He got Fulham to the Europa League final, is what most probably made your owners give him a shot. However apart from Gerrard and Torres your squad seems very mediocre. I also believe Roy should have stayed at Fulham since he had that place in a sweet spot, ironic his old and new teams are now both struggling.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Ironically I think Hodgeson does best with a mediocre squad, squeezing more draws against middling sides than would be expected of him. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in this thread back when he was hired that it was a mistake, as it is so blood clear that liverpool do best with a flourishing attack mentality. Asides from him, Joe Cole's gotta be the biggest let-down for the year so far. Chelsea did without terry and lampard or ages and struggled... liverpool had gerrard and torres and cole (most of the time) and did dick all with it. Sides like spurs show you how it's done - great youth development, clever acquisitions. Liverpool, with the season they've had, have done well to reach the position they have -- technically they still have a good shout for europe. Personally I think newcastle has been the most impressive and, in a sense, over-achieving this year. Andy Carrol has been a phenom - such a shame he didn't do well for his england debut as I think he's a real future star.

Also a shame albrighton had such a shite game the other night! Another bright young spark. The only reason I watch MOTD is to see how the future england squad is looking, and I think with the right manager (redknapp :P) there's a lot of hope ahead of us.

And both are players any team would want.

Anyway, the FA's 'youth' rule that was introduced this year is more aligned with what I mean.

Not at all Ledley King hasn't got any knees and can barely train and Crouch is shite. Although his England record is some what good.

Even with the new FA policy the list doesn't get much bigger Lennon, Huddlestone and Bale joined in their late teens, but spent the majority of their development elsewhere.

Pardon?

Ledley King and Crouch are the only two players they have in their starting squad from their academy.

And I'm not sure if you can really use Crouch as an example of Spurs' great youth development. Yeah he went through their academy but he never played for them until last year. It was at other clubs that he received is experience.

And I'm not sure if you can really use Crouch as an example of Spurs' great youth development. Yeah he went through their academy but he never played for them until last year. It was at other clubs that he received is experience.

Yeah I wasn't going to include him, but according to wiki he was there between 14-19.

Englands best youth is Wilshere. He's going to be seriously good in 5 years.

Shame we couldn't hold onto him for another season. Coyle tried to extend his loan term in the summer.

Pissed off about yesterday. How offside was Liverpool's second goal? The one against Chelsea was borderline but this was ridiculous :nono:

MotD suggested it wasn't since it came off Elmander's body therefore not offside.

Can't believe Man Utd won yesterday, looked like they were struggling and the Baggies really should have finished them off. Odemwengie's (sp?) penalty was poor. So was Tevez's come to think of it.

that was a mental 10 minutes, very happy Villa got the late equaliser. The premier league table looks quite lovely at the moment :)

Not keen on Man City being so close, but 2 games in hand, just hope we dont mess those up like Birmingham and almost did with WBA.

Yass, great start to 2011. It wasn't the best game but at least Samaras isn't completely useless.

On another not, Delighted that we've signed Freddie but i'm not sure how I feel about him wearing No 7. They'll only ever be on Swedish No 7 for me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!