N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

Was chuffed with Hernandez getting both the goals the other day. I was sat there, in Ine's room watching the game, willing him to get another or potentially his hat-trick.

Berbatov and Hernandez up front is the partnership I want to see. With Nani on the right (in Valencia's absence), which leaves the spot open for somebody else on the left. Maybe Obertan...we definitely don't have a first choice option there. Maybe give Anderson a few games there instead of centre midfield. Might give him a bit more attacking freedom.

Yeah Hernandez is faster and is a better finisher than Rooney and Berbatov is a great playmaker. I feel like Hernandez will be far more committed too since he has only just signed.

He's just another one of those overly-expensive, overly-rated English players who's only like that because he's English. The English media hype any English player up into making people believe he's one of the best in the world. Other examples include Joe Cole and Glen Johnson.

Exactly, and if the premier league had their way the foreign/good players would barely get a look in. It's surprising because increasing the quality of football in their league, as a business, should be their main aim. Not making sure Joe Soap gets a game so he's fit for England's bench.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe this is sitting on the third page after what happened at Old Trafford yesterday. Shocking.

I didn't have the energy to write anything. It was just disgraceful all round. What annoyed me even more than Nani scoring the goal was the fact that gobby shite Ferdinand was allowed to persuade the ref. Same old bullshit at Old Trafford.

As for the game, we worked the ball well enough in the midfield but lacked that imagination and movement in the final third. God knows why we started Keane; I miss you too much Defoe.

As a United fan I'm naturally going to defend Nani. He played to the whistle like most players would have. He never heard the whistle and you can see him asking the ref if it's play when he goes to the ball.

From what I saw, the ref didn't see the handball so didn't blow his whistle BUT the lino blatantly saw the handball so should have had more bollocks to flag earlier and tell the ref what happened and disallow the goal.

Goal should not have stood. Common sense was not there, it's such a simple decision too. Nani was just chancing it and good on him, up to the officials to decide if i'ts right or not. This one they got wrong.

I missed the game yesterday as I was at Night of the Proms in Antwerp with the other half. Really was quite a shocking end to the game, put a dampener on the whole thing.

I think Nani did the right thing. The referee's are there to make the decisions, not the players. Clearly no free-kick was given, the referee didn't blow, so Nani was within his rights to put the ball into the net. Its back to that old rule of playing to the whistle.

Just one thing that nobody seems to have picked up on: Gomes actually picks up the ball, takes it to the edge of the box and places it down, like many keepers actually do for goal-kicks. Now, surely if he truely thought a free kick was given, he'd have taken it from where the offence had taken place?

Stupid refereeing though. No idea what was going on between the linesman and the ref. Also, if they're going to let players stand next to them, why not allow the captain for each team to do so, or let neither of them? In my opinion, it's the Captain's job to be speaking to the ref.

Apart from that, the game was pretty decent. There was a certain balance to the team, although I'm still not convinced that we are truely creative enough in centre midfield. Van Der Vaart is somebody from the Spurs team who I'd love to see in ours.

As a United fan I'm naturally going to defend Nani. He played to the whistle like most players would have. He never heard the whistle and you can see him asking the ref if it's play when he goes to the ball.

From what I saw, the ref didn't see the handball so didn't blow his whistle BUT the lino blatantly saw the handball so should have had more bollocks to flag earlier and tell the ref what happened and disallow the goal.

Goal should not have stood. Common sense was not there, it's such a simple decision too. Nani was just chancing it and good on him, up to the officials to decide if i'ts right or not. This one they got wrong.

I can't really comment on it too much because I've managed to miss match of the day 3 times this weekend, but from what I've read online and in papers. It's a total cock up all round.

Yeah you can't really blame Nani at all for tucking it away, but wheres the sportsmanship, he knows he's blatantly handled it. He obviously knows Gomes has thought it was a free kick.

Clattenburg has had a shocker though, I don't expect the ref to apologise or saying anything. He'll know its a mistake, but he should probably sit out next weekends fixtures.

I can't really comment on it too much because I've managed to miss match of the day 3 times this weekend, but from what I've read online and in papers. It's a total cock up all round.

Yeah you can't really blame Nani at all for tucking it away, but wheres the sportsmanship, he knows he's blatantly handled it. He obviously knows Gomes has thought it was a free kick.

Clattenburg has had a shocker though, I don't expect the ref to apologise or saying anything. He'll know its a mistake, but he should probably sit out next weekends fixtures.

He did handle the ball, but he was also facing completely the other way and didn't gain a single advantage (at the time) for having his hands on the ball. He's gone down thinking it's a penalty, looks at the ref whilst his hands are on the ball. At that point, Gomes then decides to pick up the ball and carry it from where the incident took place (inches or so from the touchline) to the edge of the box.

The keeper had the ball, the referee is supposedly indicating that play is carrying on, which begs the question: Why would a goalkeeper drop the ball into the box when an attacker from the other team is still in the vicinity? If I was a Spurs fan, I'd be livid with Gomes for that.

It is a cock-up, and it's ruined an otherwise decent game. Not a classic, but a decent game up until that point.

That's a good point actually. If Gomes thought it was a free kick why did he put the ball down 12 yards? away from where the incident happened?

Bah, we would have still won anyway. Looking forward to the champs league this week. Although off to see mystery jets tomorrow night so gonna miss our game :(

Other than the handball there was nothing wrong with Nani's goal. The handball wasn't given as a free kick which was the mistake that Clattenberg made and Nani was correct to play on. The game doesn't stop unless the ball goes out the park or the referee blows his whistle.

Little Pea. there's a story, I just can't remember what.

I think his dad was nicknamed 'pea' because he has green eyes, obviously Hernandez jr. was then nicknamed 'little pea'.

He put the ball just outside the 6 yard box, so he moved it about 6 yards forward, not 12.

It was closer to the edge of the penalty area than the six yard box, considering the penalty spot is 12 yards it easily brought that far forward.

Edited by Eddage

Blackpool have just beaten the 9 men of West Brom 2-1. West Brom 2 red cards in the 13th and 29th minute and a Penalty converted by Charlie Adam, early in the second half substitute Varney gave the hosts a 2-0 lead. But West Brom all credit to them, they attacked and pulled one back in the 84th minute despite having no strikers on the pitch, both sides spurned chances, end to end stuff the rest of the match.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I think his dad was nicknamed 'pea' because he has green eyes, obviously Hernandez jr. was then nicknamed 'little pea'.

It was either his Dad or Grandad, but yeah that's the story.

I didn't catch the Blackpool game as I was at the gym, but I saw bits of it. Very entertaining.

Great result for United tonight. Fletcher, Obertan and Bebe scoring. I wonder what the odds would have been on that happening, haha. 3-0 away from home is a great scoreline, and it's another clean sheet. That's important.

Well done to Tottenham. I can't believe how Bale has turned out. He started out promising, then looked like he would be a huge underachiever, then he suddenly turned into the Welsh Messi. Whatever he's having, I'll have some.

Yeah Bale is unbelievable right now. At first he was a curse and any game he played in spurs lost, terrible record to hold. Then 'Arry decided to move him from left back to left midfield to capitalise on his pace and he has now turned into a match winner. Great performance tonight and an amazing season so far. So glad I have him in my fantasy football team at work :D

Will he be at Spurs next season though ;)

If Spurs manage to finish in the top 4 again this season then I don't see why not. They definitely have a bit of spending power and Redknapp has put a quality side together. They're showing they're a great team with how they've played in pretty much all the Champions League matches so far.

I really hope he doesn't leave for Man U/Chelsea/City. He can move to Celtic, though. :heh:

Will he be at Spurs next season though ;)

Harry's pretty determined to keep him, but he's certainly creating alot of interest,

Would love for Manchester United to sign him ;)

but if Spurs do genuinely want to be competing for top 4 positions every season they have to stop being a feeder club to bigger teams (obviously not deliberate feeder club, but more often than not, cant hold onto their best assets)

Now... as a Manchester United fan, i'm really enjoying seeing first team apperences for Obertan and Bebe. I'm hoping that they can prove doubters wrong much like Nani has been doing recently. And really want Anderson to step up.

If these players can live up to the standards that Sir Alex see's in them, then i completely agree with his ethics that we don't need to spend big in order to capture the best players. That said I wouldn't mind hearing that they'd made a big money move for any of the usual suspects we're allways linked with.... Bale being one of them ;)

SPURS ARE AMAZING!!

Regarding the Man U goal. I was there and was a bit confused at the time. Gomes was silly, I'll admit that. BUT it was a huge fucking error by Clattenberg - fact is it was handball, if he didn't see it, fair enough, but the linesman did, so it should have been a freekick. What actually happened though was that he called for play on as Spurs could have broke, but two things, one it was clear to Gomes and also the whole point of advantage is just that, it's an advantage, if advantage isn't taken within 5 odd seconds then it gets PULLED BACK. Advantage obviously wasn't taken so it should have been pulled back.

Clattenberg is a cunt. He was the referee when Mendes scored that goal too. Man U have a history of getting dodgy decisions against us, it's infuriating. Like 2 years ago when we were 2-0 up at half time, and Webb gave them the most ridiculous penalty you can imagine...

Although we barely created anything, I really thought Spurs dominated the match from beginning to the 2nd goal (which knocked us), really comfortable.