N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty dark day to be a Manchester United fan.

the talking red's message board on the United Site is just full of threads about hating Rooney and such,

I'm devastated, don't get me wrong but I don't hate Rooney for this decision. It's more disappointed with his decision. Then it makes me wonder where the team will / can go from here.

The most disappointing part of the interview was that Fergie / Gill new Rooney wanted out since August. So makes me wonder why he wasn't put on transfer market in the summer when we could of got more for him given the fact his contract was still 2 years long.

Shocked.. i really am. All due respects to Berbatov, Macheda, Hernandez and Owen, but it's going to take a lot from them to even compare to the quality that Rooney once displayed for us.

as for Diouf and Welbeck, well i already consider them sold unfortunately.

Terrible terrible day to be a Manchester United fan.

Terrible day to be a United fan? You should be happy.

You can get rid of of all the bad press that Rooney brings and get a tonne of money with which to strengthen your squad immensely. Rooney hasn't been the same player since March, his ankle injury and Capello's comment that 'marriage has matured him' started the downfall, his performance at the World Cup and his sex scandal finished him off.

And other than his headers, Rooney's form last season wasn't that spectacular anyway, he scored a lot of simple goals. If you want someone to replace them just buy Darren Bent.

Terrible day to be a United fan? You should be happy.

You can get rid of of all the bad press that Rooney brings and get a tonne of money with which to strengthen your squad immensely. Rooney hasn't been the same player since March, his ankle injury and Capello's comment that 'marriage has matured him' started the downfall, his performance at the World Cup and his sex scandal finished him off.

And other than his headers, Rooney's form last season wasn't that spectacular anyway, he scored a lot of simple goals. If you want someone to replace them just buy Darren Bent.

We all know that the money raised from the sale of Rooney, or any player in the Man United squad for that matter wont go into a transfer funds. It'll go straight into clearing the debt we've got.

The £80 million from Ronaldo went on Valenica, Owen and Obertan.... Owen was free and Obertan was what £4m most? yes Valencia was a little pricey but he wasn't in the £20m bracket.

The rest just went into the clubs bank.

Yeah Rooney certainly hasn't been the same player since the Bayern Munich Game, agreed. But he's still undoubtedly a world class attacking footballer.

Would I rather have Rooney or £50m at Manchester United? I would take Rooney.

Would i rather have Rooney or £50m at Manchester United with the way he's been playing this season.... Still would rather have Rooney.

It's a blip, and it's something he would of played out of. Of course he's going to find his form again. He's Wayne Rooney, He's been a great player for us throughout the seasons... a hat trick on his debut in Europe... Hells yes!

.... it's Like Torres... he's not had the best season thus far, but I highly doubt the Anfield faithful would want him out of the club just because he hasn't netted for a while.

Please Liverpool fans correct me if I'm wrong, but if it was Torres in the back pages of papers for poor form, and front of papers for sleeping with prostitutes you'd still want him at the club right? I'm sure you'd stick by the fact that he is Fernando Torres and will no doubt find his form again- That's my view of Rooney.

So yes... i personally do think it's a terrible day to be a Manchester United fan. I haven't felt this distraught since June 2009 when I got a call from my friend (who is a Liverpool fan) gloating at the fact United had accepted a bid for Ronaldo.

In all seriousness, where would Rooney go?

Real Madrid, we seem to be a feeder club for them over the years :nono:

Beckham, Nistelrooy, Heinze, Ronaldo.... more than likely Rooney.

If they were to include some player exchange offer it'd be an easier blow to take, as I know at least we'd get some form of potentially half decent player in return, rather than a pile of money that Fergie wouldn't be able to touch.

Can't see Rooney going to Real Madrid. He's arguably not much better than Higuain and at the moment Higuain is about 10000000000 times better, Jose only plays 1 up front and he doesn't get in Real Madrid's team for me.

Can't see him going for 50 million either, with a year to go on his contract when he will realistically leave (next summer) United are looking at £20 million at the best really. Look how little Ozil went for after a storming world cup, just because he only had a year left on his contract.

I see Benitez is still as crazy as ever;

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has launched a cryptic attack on the club's ousted owners and current managing director Christian Purslow.

Benitez left to become manager of Italian giants Inter Milan last summer after six years in charge at Anfield.

But he hit out at former co-owner Tom Hicks's claim that he was to blame for the Reds' worst ever start to a season.

"We have a saying in Spanish: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk'," said Benitez.

Hicks criticised Benitez for wasting much of the money he was given to spend during the latter half of his tenure.

But Benitez has insisted the Americans were to blame, citing their appointment of Purslow in the summer of last year as the beginning of a downward spiral that ended in the Spaniard's exit.

Hicks and George Gillett lost Liverpool to New England Sports Ventures (NESV) on Friday after a lengthy takeover saga.

But in a bizarre outburst, Benitez compared events leading up to his departure to a bottle of milk.

"What does this mean? It means that after 86 points and finishing second in the league, what changed?" he said.

"The Americans, they chose a new managing director and everything changed.

"So, what changed?

"The managing director is involved in all the decisions: new lawyer, new chief of press, new manager, nine new players, new medical staff, new fitness coaches - they changed everything.

"At the beginning, they changed the managing director who was talking with some players, and they changed everything that we were doing in the past.

"So, if you want to ask again what was going on, it's simple: they changed something and, at the end, they changed everything.

"So, white liquid in a bottle: milk. You will know who is to blame."

Pressed further on the matter, Benitez would only say: "White liquid in a bottle. If I see John the milkman in the Wirral, where I was living, with this bottle, I'd say, 'It's milk, sure'."

He added: "The only thing I can say is that I'm sorry for the fans."

Sunday's defeat to Merseyside rivals Everton leaves Liverpool second from bottom in the table.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9107108.stm

I'm a lifelong United fan. I don't really care which player is in that shirt, but when they're wearing it, they will get my support, as do the rest of the team.

If any player says that they don't want to play for the club, then I would rather that they left. Whether that player is Gabby Heinze, Carlos Tevez or Wayne Rooney, if they want to play elsewhere, then play elsewhere. When you're wearing that shirt, the fans will always be behind you as long as you want to play for them. That pretty much goes for any club.

Sir Alex did the right thing on the weekend by putting Rooney on the bench. It takes guts to do that. He's not performing, so why should he be guaranteed first place everytime, especially at the expense of somebody else who is in form and is performing. I do not understand why he wants to leave, as it is blatantly obvious that the club and fans care about him.

I wish Capello would have the guts to leave him on the bench!

I don't understand why it's such a big deal when it comes to benching players. If a player isn't performing, and it is to the detriment of the team, then surely they should be replaced by somebody who is working hard for the team or playing well?

There's too much focus on "big names" these days. In my opinion, no player is untouchable. You play for your place. There's no denying Rooney's talent, but it was completely the right call for him to be dropped on Saturday.

What. The. Fuck.

Devastated by this Rooney news. I can see him going to City on like 250 grand a week, a Million quid a month. Why does he not want to play for us anymore? Is it now all about money?? I hope he comes out with his reasoning. Personally I reckon this has been brewing for a while. I think he was unhappy about being rushed back last season and our contract offer will be limited because of glazer situaton of getting us up shit creek and then of course there is the issues about private life and then the injury thing recently. I think it's been building and he has had enough. Not to mention that leaked report that if all else fails with the club and the finances we will sell Rooney to save the club.

To be fair I know Fergie said the door is open and he wants him to stay, He can't now. It's over. The fans will be on his back, the players won't be the same with him and quite simply he doesn't want to play for us.

I'm hoping he goes abroad to mainly get out of the UK media limelight but I can't see it. If he doesn't go abroad then quite simply it's gonna be City isn't it. Maybe Chelski.

Thought Fergies press conference was superb by the way, done the club a world of good the way he handle it. Got a feeling he is still holding stuff back but thought he explained the situation well especially the injury thing.

I think we have got to leave him out now. Gonna be too disruptive to the team. He doesn't want to be here, there will be no passion, the fans will turn on him. Start with Berba and owen/hernandez/macheda and get busy looking for a replacement, although I'm hearing we probably won't get much more for him than what we paid for.

Edited by Platty

We all know Rooney is morale-less scumbag, but if he were to take the big money offer from Man City (should that be on the cards) then the only thing I thought was true about the lad will be ruined. I always thought he was in it for the passion, Everton to Man Utd was a logical move if he wanted to be the best. If he goes to Man City it'll be about the money, the fortune and the fame. And he becomes an even bigger scrote than he already is.

As for Europe, like noodleman, do not see him going to Madrid at all. And any talk of Barca has to be rubbish, Rooney's not their type and they've got better. I'm actually thinking Italy if he goes anywhere it'll probably be Inter. Rafa would take him and they've splashed cash in the past even though they're skint.

As for us tonight, first half a bit pants, second quality. Fair play to Eduardo, top bloke shame he left. Roll on Man City on Sunday.

Right, so Rooney is apparantly leaving because he was not given any assurances about the future additions to the squad, or the club attracting players.

How horrible it must be for him to receive all those dreadful assists from Nani and Valencia, or play with a midfield that contains Paul Scholes, or a strikeforce with Dimitar Berbatov or the newly acquired Hernandez.

Valencia just joined last season, and Rooney owes a lot to him. Hernandez is a very exciting prospect. They also didn't cost the world, but they are exciting players who offer a lot to the team. When Nani has the ball, there's always a feeling something special will happen.

I think he should worry about his own form and his own game. His lack of recent form is solely down to him and nothing to do with the squad around him. Nothing whatsoever. I wonder how these youngsters like Macheda, Hernandez, Gibson et all are taking this, because if the club did buy these expensive stars, then surely these guys would get less games.

Fuck him, that's all I can say. Used to love the guy so much and would stick up for him no matter what but he has truely shown his cards now and pissed me off.

At least Ronaldo done the right thing, signed a new deal so we would get big money, played his heart out in his last season with passion and drive and even after he left he still says he loves the club and the fans. RESPECT.

Rooney has just lost all that Respect. Not given any assurances about future additions to the squad? Fuck off, Man Utd is bigger than any one player and he can do one and go to City with all the money grabbing stars!

I hope Macheda gets a hatrick tonight.

/angry