Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possession by itself means very little. I've just had a look on the SkySports website and found this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6386742,00.html

Possession was 50.5 to Liverpool.

But then look at territorial advantage. 59.8 to United.

So, Liverpool had a lot of the ball, but where did they have the ball? United spent the majority of it in their half.

I don't really know which of the stats are more accurate. There's quite a difference between what the BBC and SkySports are saying.

I know that the SkySports stats did say that Liverpool had more possession in the first half...which had me and a few others scratching our heads at. So, dunno really.

Don't really care all that much. I was happy with the midfield. The only blemishes on that performance were the two defenders, O'Shea and Evans who have been looking quite suspect for the last few weeks. Evans looked fine all game until he gave away that penalty. Same with O'shea and that free kick.

What the hell happened to this game? The first half was one of the worst halfs of football in recent memory and typically I turned it off, only to now see it finished 3-2!

You really must not watch that many games if you consider that first half to be one of the worst...

Having seen the O'Shea foul again, i still maintain that Torres could of certainly reached that. He has immense pace, and i have no doubts that he'd be able to get there in time.

Seriously, he would not have made it.

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3597627.html?autoStart=true&bmstart=0&v=3bd413822baba2ead589ddb05f877bd0

Go to 2:45 onwards. Look at the gap between where the ball is, where Torres is, and where Van Der Sar is. The keeper is always going to get there before Torres does.

WE BEAT THE SCUM 4-1!

gun__1285099636_Lansbury_goal_1.jpg

I know, I know "its only the league cup". But I'm pretty chuffed Arsene took it a bit serious after the last cup exit and last seasons performance down shite hart lane. He can throw a proper kids team into the mix next round. For now lets all laugh at Tottenham!

I just cant be shocked by any Liverpool loss these days, unfortunately im more suprised when we win.

I'm starting to feel that way :hmm: I'm not really all that surprised either..

I think back to the end of the 2008/2009 season and how we had a couple of months of destroying absolutely everyone.. and I miss that :indeed:

Edited by nekunando

Those were some excellent Carling Cup games. Glad to see Owen getting some goals. It was a bit strange starting with Owen, Macheda and Hernandez, though. I wonder if Hernandez might get a few games played out on the left, now that Nani will be shifted over to the right on a more permanent basis (after the injury to Valencia).

Was very shocked at the Chelsea and Liverpool games yesterday, as well the Spurs and City games. That Chelsea game was a cracker. Really enjoyed the highlights for that one. The Newcastle fans must have loved that game, what a tense ending.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!