NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Urgh, we weren't any good at all today and it showed with Everyon being the better team for a fair spell when they were only 10 men!

What a goal from Beckford though, worthy of winning any match, brilliant goal!

3-0 up after 47 minutes, Newcastle manage to fuck it up and end the game on 3-3. The difference between 9th and 12th. Sigh.

Also, Blackpool went down :( Really wanted them to stay up. Why couldn't the half time scores be the full time scores.

Such a shame... it was looking so good! Gotta feel bad for the own goal, kind of good that Owen sealed it. I had a quid at 40 - 1 on 3 - 2 Blackpool ha, was looking pretty good for it for a time.

I've really enjoyed them being in the premier league, probably lose half their players too. Wonder which club will pick up Adams.

yeah thats saddest thing and ian holloaway said it great bunch of lads and probably gonna get broken up now. If they could keep hold of that squad and play same style they would piss championship next time round.

Excellent final day of the season. Glad Mickmac stayed up too.

Was nice to see that we finished in the top ten (Sunderland), felt we deserved it overall.

Also, nice to see us finish above Newcastle when my life has been hell at work for the past few months. :)

Can't wait for next season already!

How come they always find a hot girl to focus the camera on when a teams won a trophy. Always happens.,...when I go to pompey matches all the women are munters. Yet when we won FA cup they focused on a hot blonde girl.

Christ that was far to tense for my liking. Another season of top fligh football for us.

Wasn't far off with my predictions. :grin:

I think it'll be Blackpool & Birmingham going down today.

Confidence will be high at Wigan and I can see them beating Stoke 2-1

Blackpool will get hammered at Old Trafford. 4-1

Spurs to beat Birmingham 2-0

Well the final day went almost completely how I didn't want it to.

Didn't want Blackpool relegated.

Didn't want Spurs 5th place.

Arsenal's terrible form continues and we finish in 4th.

Man Shitty on the same amount of points as Chelsea.

At least Chelsea lost, but that's hardly any consolation.

We only won 50% of our games this season, which is not good enough.

Not the greatest PL season overall, to be honest.

Ryan Giggs didn't look too happy collecting his winners medal..

Must have the Champions League Final next Saturday on his mind.

Best final day in years!! Gutted we (spurs) didn't make the champions league this year, but as long as we can keep Modric and (to a lesser extent) Bale and get some bloody strikers in I'm well confident we can put up a great fight next season; the amount of games we've domainted and not been able to put teams away (THANKS CROUCH!!).

Glad Man City finished 3rd so Arsenals demise continues (think they have one hell of chance of slipping out the top 4 next season after losing Cesc!) and Chelsea slipping is also nice to see. Let's see some movement next season! Man U, Man City and Spurs top 3 and Blue scum, scum and the thieves battling for 4th :)

SOTC.

Gutted for Blackpool.

SOTC.

Quiet, you! :p SOTV! :P

I don't get what the heck I just watched...I mean, we did good the first half and the first part of the second half, it was like we went to sleep and then we woke up again. By then, you could see it was defending but there was no point anyway considering Wigan scored.

Ah well, I do feel sorry for the Blackpool player who let in an own goal though. I'd hate to be him right now...

Interesting football is great. But, I'm sure most teams would rather work on their defending, rather than going all out and getting smashed by other teams.

You need a balance. You can't win games by just defending, and you can't win games by going all out and defending badly. You need both. You need balance throughout the team.

Blackpool are imbalanced. Hence why they're fighting to stay up.

Completely true but what I'm saying is that watching teams go out and attack each other is much better than watching teams going out and 'defending' each other. I'm talking completely from a neutral perspective, someone who wants to watch a good game of football.

Best final day in years!! Gutted we (spurs) didn't make the champions league this year, but as long as we can keep Modric and (to a lesser extent) Bale and get some bloody strikers in I'm well confident we can put up a great fight next season; the amount of games we've domainted and not been able to put teams away (THANKS CROUCH!!).

Glad Man City finished 3rd so Arsenals demise continues (think they have one hell of chance of slipping out the top 4 next season after losing Cesc!) and Chelsea slipping is also nice to see. Let's see some movement next season! Man U, Man City and Spurs top 3 and Blue scum, scum and the thieves battling for 4th :)

Lol, Chelsea slipping. I forgot how important it was for us to win today's match, when whatever the result was, we'd have finished in 2nd.

Oh, wait.. :blank:

Spurs challenging for top 3 next season? Dream on little one.. you couldn't even scrape a Champs League spot let alone hope of breaching the top 3. Typical words from a sore spurs fan.

Lol, Chelsea slipping. I forgot how important it was for us to win today's match, when whatever the result was, we'd have finished in 2nd.

Oh, wait.. :blank:

Spurs challenging for top 3 next season? Dream on little one.. you couldn't even scrape a Champs League spot let alone hope of breaching the top 3. Typical words from a sore spurs fan.

If you don't think you've slipped this season (lowest points tall in how many years, completely off the pace, not even close to winning anything) then it aint me who's dreaming.

We'll see next year, but the only thing we've been missing this season are strikers (which we all knew in two transfer windows ago).

Man U's home form

W - 18

D - 1

L - 0

Spurs' home form

W - 9

D - 9

L - 1

If we could put away half of those home games we simply couldn't finish off things would be looking very different.

Of course we could sell Modric, Bale and VDV and we'll be fucked. But hopefully not!

Completely true but what I'm saying is that watching teams go out and attack each other is much better than watching teams going out and 'defending' each other. I'm talking completely from a neutral perspective, someone who wants to watch a good game of football.

There's plenty of other attacking teams in the league. Did you not see the Newcastle result? What about the game between Wolves and Blackburn? Apparantly, this season has been the highest scoring Premier League season to date. Can anyone confirm that?

I'm sad to see that Owen Hargreaves has been released. Too many injuries and nobody can safely say when he was going to play again anyway. I hope a good team snaps him up and gets him playing football again.

Carlo has been sacked by Chelsea. Shocking.

Don't get me wrong, without Abramovich we would've remained a pants team, but he doesn't have a bloody clue sacking managers left, right and centre!

It doesn't half piss me off!

Don't get me wrong, without Abramovich we would've remained a pants team, but he doesn't have a bloody clue sacking managers left, right and centre!

It doesn't half piss me off!

I bet Arsene Wenger is glad he's not at Chelsea. :heh:

Pretty ridiculous. Clearly the guy is a good manager. He won the double last season, second this season. It's not exactly a disaster, is it?

Honestly, you'll be hard-pressed to find a manager willing to come in. Rumour has it you still want Hiddink. Hope he doesn't go.

yeah thats saddest thing and ian holloaway said it great bunch of lads and probably gonna get broken up now. If they could keep hold of that squad and play same style they would piss championship next time round.

Don't think so, hardly any of their players are premier league standard.

3-0 up after 47 minutes, Newcastle manage to fuck it up and end the game on 3-3. The difference between 9th and 12th. Sigh.

Also, Blackpool went down :( Really wanted them to stay up. Why couldn't the half time scores be the full time scores.

At least you didn't have a 6 hour coach trip home after cocking up a great lead. ;) I think most Newcastle fans would have taken that coming back into the league. Not a bad season for you lot.

How many times have you come in here and said we'll slip.. If anything we've stayed consistently shite for several years and you still can't get above us. Typical willy dribble.

A team from Liverpool claiming another to be chavs?! Priceless!

I'm not actually from Liverpool, sooo.

Chelsea are a plastic club, and I can't stand the way they deal with things. I hate everything about them. Same with Man City.

I'm not actually from Liverpool, sooo.

Chelsea are a plastic club, and I can't stand the way they deal with things...

I wasn't saying you were scouse, but you support a scouse club... and you don't get much more chav than scousers!

About your point with the way Chelsea do things, I couldn't agree more! It pains me to see the Club being run the way it is. Sure we have had success but I'd bet we'd have had more had Abramovich kept his nose out and let Mourinho manage the Club the way he saw fit!

I've supported Chelsea throughout my life, my Uncle played for them in the 60's, it's the place he started playing football, it's the reason I've always supported them and Abramovich has ruined the reputation of the Club I love! It really does get to me!