NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Typical biased dribble. He "tapped" his foot. It was a kick, which could have been a red card, it wasn't terrible terrible but those are the rules.

Any him getting a red card then celebrating when the penalty was missed is a dickish thing to do.

When the Uruguay fans inevitably celebrated when Gyan missed the penalty, would you say that's a dickhead thing to do?

Kick...:heh: come on Ell it was nothing ;)

LOLsh!... Steve McLaren ish the favourite forsh the job at the West Ham!

Surely the fansh will riot no?!

Edited by Retro_Link

When the Uruguay fans inevitably celebrated when Gyan missed the penalty, would you say that's a dickhead thing to do?

Kick...:heh: come on Ell it was nothing ;)

The fans didn't personally stop the 100% definite goal. Suarez did the most dickish thing and just made it worse, where was the sportsmanship.

It was a kick and whilst I did say it wasn't something dangerous, a simple push to the floor earns someone a red card so in all honesty so should kicking out at someone.

C-) I Don't follow the SPL that closely, but do tend to keep an eye on it due to my girlfriends dad being from Scotland, and being a Rangers fan. No disrespect but how ridiculous is that League? The top 2 teams finishing almost 30 points clear of 3rd place, and then the top 2 teams most of the time beating the teams in 4th and 5th place by a stupidly comfortable scoreline. It's rare to see Man Utd or Chelsea beating Spurs or Man City 5-1 and 4-0. Is it really that comfortable every season?

First off, its not fair to compare Celtic and Rangers comfortably beating 3rd and 4th with Man Utd and Chelsea beating Spurs/Man City easily as the EPL is double in size.

Secondly, Barca and Real Madrid regularly finish 20+ points ahead of the closest teams in their league.

I also don't think its fair to say that they always comfortably beat the 3rd and 4th placed teams. That's not true, Celtic have lost at Tynecastle (Hearts) a number of times in recent seasons and both have dropped points home and away to a lot of different teams. In terms of excitement, how often does the EPL go down to the last game of the season? It regularly happens in Scotland. Anyone can beat anyone in the SPL which makes for great, open football. People always go on about how good the EPL is but in reality, one hell of a lot of matches are really boring. The 'top 4' clashes never live up to expectation.

Obviously, in the last 10 years (probably more) a team other than Celtic and Rangers has only finished in 2nd place once (Hearts, in 2006/2007 I believe) but that doesn't mean the league isn't exciting and a joke.

The top 2 are close, but the quality/standard is quite poor. It's still exciting, as Charlie said, it often goes down to the last day.

Bollocks wanting Forest to come up, it's Reading or a sheepy.. Ugh.

Hey, Ramar. Did you hear about Heurelho Gomes? Apparantly he caught malaria.

But, then he dropped it.

:laughing:

I made that one up myself.

Well, we (Chelsea) may not have won anything this season but at least our Reserves are Champions!

We drew on the night with Blackburn but won 5-4 on penalties.

First off, its not fair to compare Celtic and Rangers comfortably beating 3rd and 4th with Man Utd and Chelsea beating Spurs/Man City easily as the EPL is double in size.

Secondly, Barca and Real Madrid regularly finish 20+ points ahead of the closest teams in their league.

I also don't think its fair to say that they always comfortably beat the 3rd and 4th placed teams. That's not true, Celtic have lost at Tynecastle (Hearts) a number of times in recent seasons and both have dropped points home and away to a lot of different teams. In terms of excitement, how often does the EPL go down to the last game of the season? It regularly happens in Scotland. Anyone can beat anyone in the SPL which makes for great, open football. People always go on about how good the EPL is but in reality, one hell of a lot of matches are really boring. The 'top 4' clashes never live up to expectation.

Obviously, in the last 10 years (probably more) a team other than Celtic and Rangers has only finished in 2nd place once (Hearts, in 2006/2007 I believe) but that doesn't mean the league isn't exciting and a joke.

My Comment's weren't meant to aggravate, As I mentioned I've never really followed the SPL only sort of dipped in now and again the past couple of seasons due to my Girlfriends dad, So completely un-aware of what the standards of the other teams and such, and any other results other than Rangers.

I never said it was a joke either. Just asked if it's that comfortable for the top 2 teams every season, as from what the table looks like end of the season, it appears that Rangers & Celtic are a league above the competition (although I wasn't aware of who took points off both Rangers & Celtic this season).

Aren't they re-formatting it? Wasn't there a vote passed recently to re-structure it?

Hey, Ramar. Did you hear about Heurelho Gomes? Apparantly he caught malaria.

But, then he dropped it.

:laughing:

I made that one up myself.

:blank: Seems a bit harsh, probably over the line. Then again maybe not :heh:

My Comment's weren't meant to aggravate, As I mentioned I've never really followed the SPL only sort of dipped in now and again the past couple of seasons due to my Girlfriends dad, So completely un-aware of what the standards of the other teams and such, and any other results other than Rangers.

I never said it was a joke either. Just asked if it's that comfortable for the top 2 teams every season, as from what the table looks like end of the season, it appears that Rangers & Celtic are a league above the competition (although I wasn't aware of who took points off both Rangers & Celtic this season).

Aren't they re-formatting it? Wasn't there a vote passed recently to re-structure it?

If you think the gulf is class between the old firm and the rest is bad now, you should have seen it a few years back. Every week was 4 or 5 - 0 scores. The gulf in class between the Old Firm and the rest has closed massively. Long gone are the days of Celtic and Rangers spending millions of pounds every season. You only have to look at Caley beating Celtic the other week that cost them the title. Obviously quality wise the SPL won't win any awards but physically it's one of the toughest leagues to play in. No disrespect to any other rivalry but there isn't anything that comes close to matching the Intensity of an Old Firm game, even when they're played 7 times like this season, each game is so special.

The biggest joke about Scottish football is the split, the only professional league in Europe where teams finishing in the bottom 6 can finisher with more points than top 6. In the 05/06 season, Caley finished in 7th with more points than Hibs who finished 4th in the final standings. It hasn't been changed yet, but being that everyone hates it, they've got to do something about it.

Edited by Jon

I don't think it's a joke, the only thing wrong with it is that there isn't the risk of the second bottom team going down, introduce a playoff between 2nd in the First Division and 11th in the SPL and we'll have less meaningless games.

The split ensures that unless a team has been isolated either at the top or bottom then most games will have some meaning post split.

The issue you have with the team in 7th having more points than the teams above them comes about because the 7th placed team gets to play more games against the bottom half, so they would be expected to get more points than the team who finished 6th who have to play Celtic and Rangers and the other top half teams again

The only way they can change the league without a split is if they go back to 10 teams but the likelihood of that is the same as Turkeys voting for Christmas

The SPL is the only league in Europe where only 1 team gets promoted into it and 1 relegated. It's a joke and needs to be changed.

Reading cruised past Cardiff City 0-3. Some happy campers here I'm sure. :P

Man City also cruised to a 3-0 win, putting them 3rd, ahead of the gunners. On recent form I saw this coming.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

And Arsenal are in 4th after Man City dominated Stoke 3-0. A result I'm fairly sure nobody here wanted.

Normally I'd enjoy the situation.. if it were anyone but Man City.

I bloody hope that Bolton can get some sort of result against City on Sunday... and that we actually put a shift in against Fulham unlike the last couple of games...

I bloody hope that Bolton can get some sort of result against City on Sunday... and that we actually put a shift in against Fulham unlike the last couple of games...

I know I shouldn't but the devil in me wants us to finish fourth as a sort of punish for the shit end of the season. Wenger before we lost to Bolton "we're unbeaten in 15*", which was a horrible cloak for what was abysmal form in march and april. Bollocks to the qualifier the board will lap that shit up and cover it up as another good season. When really it was a complete and utter fuck up.

*think it was 15

I know I shouldn't but the devil in me wants us to finish fourth as a sort of punish for the shit end of the season. Wenger before we lost to Bolton "we're unbeaten in 15*", which was a horrible cloak for what was abysmal form in march and april. Bollocks to the qualifier the board will lap that shit up and cover it up as another good season. When really it was a complete and utter fuck up.

*think it was 15

Yeah we kinda do deserve it and would hopefully give Wenger a major kick up the arse.

I just can't bare to see us lose any more :(

My problem with qualifiers is I can see us playing too many games and getting burnt out again, and we probably won't have Jack available because of the bloody under 21s...

Tevez' free kick from the 3-0 trouncing of Stoke has to be one of the best goals I've seen all season o_O

I'm at Reading University so it was pretty sweet to win a bet against a mate at Cardiff. Hopefully Reading can beat Swansea as well!

Shane Long looked good tonight. Apparently premiership clubs are interested but I hope Reading manage to keep him if they go up!

Are there any season ticket holders here?

I'm debating whether to get one for Aston Villa next season (the superior Midlands team!)

Prices arn't too bad considering what some other premier league teams charge.