NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Most United fans were saying that about Chris Smalling when we signed him. After Nemanja Vidic, he's been our best defender this season. The difference is that he was playing alongside an experienced player, a master of defending. There's no problem with buying promising youth if they've got somebody experienced to learn from.

I like Jones, but he's not a player we need at this time. I think he'll probably do well at United, but he's not an essential missing component. We need a midfielder, a creative one who knows where the net is.

There in lies our problem, another youngster is perhaps what Utd need, it is not what Arsenal need.

There in lies our problem, another youngster is perhaps what Utd need, it is not what Arsenal need.

Yeah, I agree. Thing is, who would you want? Getting a world class defender isn't easy. It would have to be a big money buy in order for their clubs to let them go. It really depends on how big a player you're talking.

Arsenal could do with a Vincent Kompany type of character. Clear leadership skills, consistent performer, has some experience of playing in Europe. Also, young, only 25. You won't get him, cos City won't let him go to anyone now. But, that calibre of player I think is what Arsenal need. Somebody who is a leader and consistent.

Jones has failed his medical then. Ridiculous.

In other news, Martinez is now the bookies favourite for the Villa job and reportedly Randy Lerner's first choice. I'm not letting myself believe it just yet, after all the madness of the rumours today, but I really hope this happens.

I know you highlight his defensive problem FLink, but our current defence is usually fantastic and he may well turn to Al-Habsi to fill the vacant number 1 shirt at Villa and I would really trust him between the sticks.

I think Jones would be a good signing. One for the future. Can play centre back, full back or midfield. But 17 millions?? hmmm.

Other United rumours:

In

Steven Defour

Alexis Sanchez

Ashley Young

Ricky Alvarez

Out

Wes Brown (Sunderland)

Jonny Evans (Bolton)

Darron Gibson (Sunderland)

John O'Shea (Sunderland)

Danny Welbeck (loan, Everton)

Love transfer window!!!!!!

Really can't see Sanchez going to you. Think he'll stay at Udinese for another season.

I'm a sad person and went to our kit midnight launch. It was a free event to celebrate 125 years of Arsenal. Ended up with some free food, got a free football and bullet capsule thing. Got to meet Charlie George (Arsenal double winner in '71) and Arsenal Ladies Rachel Yankey, got autographs and a pic. Then when I bought the new shirt they didn't charge me for the shirt printing. Win. Good night in the end.

Is it the terrible away kit?

No, that's not been officially unveiled yet. It was the home kit.

Well I don't like either of our kits this season. Who designs these things?!?

Someone who has pounds in mind and not fans.