NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

I refuse to read/listen to anything FIFA related. Corrupt and one massive pathetic joke.

Sepp Blatter is the worst thing about FIFA. He's totally old-fashioned and refuses to do anything about goal-line technology. How he's still the president I do not know.

Ian Holloway has it right.

I've only just seen that Mascherano dedicated his part in the Barca Champions League win to Liverpool fans!

That's brilliant! Haha

I think goal line technology is the least of their concern, I'd rather see UEFA sort out their cup competitions. The Europa league is nothing now, it's a joke and the Champions League is just one big money spinner for those regularly involved.

But FIFA needs a big shake up after this shit storm, but you know it won't happen. Then again it's not like the top bollocks at the FA, Premier League and Football League are on the ball either. (Scudamore and his game 39 anyone?)

I think goal line technology is the least of their concern, I'd rather see UEFA sort out their cup competitions. The Europa league is nothing now, it's a joke and the Champions League is just one big money spinner for those regularly involved.

But FIFA needs a big shake up after this shit storm, but you know it won't happen. Then again it's not like the top bollocks at the FA, Premier League and Football League are on the ball either. (Scudamore and his game 39 anyone?)

I didn't watch much of the Europa League this season and have to admit that I didn't even realise when the final was on. Last season's Europa League was fantastic though which brought up some great ties (Werder Bremen - Hamburg in particular stands out as great) which you'd never see otherwise.

Scholesy has retired. Goodbye, and thank you for all the memories you have given United fans over the years.

As for FIFA, corrupt to hell. Sepp Blatter is the worst of the bunch.

Gutted about Scholes, up their with my idols with Becks and Giggs.

Fantastic player back in the day, I think he's been passed it the last few seasons though. How he never got sent off in the FA Cup tie against us this year is beyond me, always was a shit tackler.

Possibly the best passer and worst tackler there ever was rolled into one little ginger bundle.

A role model to any other player on how to live your life off the field.

Our rumoured new away kit:

11-12%20arsenal%20soccer%20jersey.jpg

Absolutely shite, disgusting, has nothing to do with the club. Hate it. Those shorts are a disaster.

eieyg.jpg

Unless this is shopped, all but confirms it (see it on the hanger).

Wow.. that really is quite horrible. Don't like seeing Arsenal in blue! :p

Our rumoured new away kit:

11-12%20arsenal%20soccer%20jersey.jpg

Absolutely shite, disgusting, has nothing to do with the club. Hate it. Those shorts are a disaster.

eieyg.jpg

Unless this is shopped, all but confirms it (see it on the hanger).

How very City!

The home kit looks like a vest.

Edited by Retro_Link

Whats with the oversized club emblem and thos things round the edge of it! Bleugh.

The emblem is for 125 year anniversary.

And I think that away kit is the real deal unfortunately :(

The emblem is for 125 year anniversary.

And I think that away kit is the real deal unfortunately :(

Yeah considering Arshavin has been reported as saying that the away "looks like something a jockey would wear". :angry:

Well news coming out that now the 208 fa's across the world will vote for world cup hosts. Which is something I said needs doing (might have been on here) means it's not just down to a few powerful men to decide. Although does kinda suck for all those nations who not that long ago lost out on a world cup bid using a system FIFA have finally admitted is flawed. I definitely think if bin hamann is found guilty then Qatar winning the world cup 2022 needs looking into. But im not sure it would happen just because if the financial side FIFA know a world cup there is such a money spinner!

The best reform i heard for the Europa league was the winners get into the champions league group stage. Its a simple change and would make each team really want to play in that competition rather than bringing near reserve squads

The best reform i heard for the Europa league was the winners get into the champions league group stage. Its a simple change and would make each team really want to play in that competition rather than bringing near reserve squads

The best reform would be taking it back to a knock out competition for cup winners only. The group stages have completely ruined it.

But simply sharing some of the Champions League's wealth with the Europa League would increase interest.

I don't think the idea of giving the winner's a Champions League place is that great, because then it just says that the Europa League is a "route" to the Champions League, rather than actually making it a prestigious competition of its own.

The tournament needs more recognition. It needs to be seen as less of a booby prize and more of an exciting tournament. Lets look at television coverage for a start. Its shit. Shit commentary, shit coverage of games and awful punditry. I'm convinced that a team of N-Eers could do a better job. For a start, that has to change. They are the faces of the competition and it just doesn't make people want to sit down and watch it.

Ramar's idea of making it a knock-out tournament is a good idea, and it would make the games more exciting and would help ease fixture congestion. There would be less games to play, which would make it more of a prize for teams such as Fulham who maybe don't have the squads to compete in The Europa League in its current format and the Premier League.

Oh wow, I don't know what's worse ours or yours.

I guess yours might be handy when defending a corner, players can camouflage with the net.