Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PilotWings Resort

Retro_Link

So how do I obtain 'capsules' on the first proper flying mission? as they are apparently worth up to 10 points in the scoring but I can't seem to find any...

They are attached to the underside of the balloon that appears when you fly though the "?". I thought you had to pop the balloon (which you can), but no, you have to fly through the points sign underneath it.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have so many things to do in it, both in Mission Mode and Free Flight, and feel that all the complaints about the length of the game appear to be overly harsh!

I couldn't agree more. Most reviewers clearly just played through the missions, getting just enough stars to end the game and then called it a day.

I'm still on the Silver rank as i'm trying to perfect the levels before moving on. I've also been spending a stupid amount of time on the Free Flight mode. I love flying around the island looking for landmarks and balloons, very relaxing.

Had a brilliant session on this last night. It really is awesome, just like the previous games in the series.

First time that I played this with headphones on too... WOW! :o Pseudo-Surround Sound FTW! icon14.gif

And I really love what they've done with free flight mode, collecting all the different stuff is great fun. :grin:

I've just unlocked the first Diorama of the plane and the wings and tail of that thing stick so far out of the screen.. it's quality :grin:
Yeah, the lighting on it is really nice too. :cool:

And I really love what they've done with free flight mode, collecting all the different stuff is great fun. :grin:

Yeah, the lighting on it is really nice too. :cool:

I just don't like the time limit on free flight mode.

I just don't like the time limit on free flight mode.
When I first saw screen shots of free flight mode and saw the time limit, I was really annoyed. :mad: But in reality and with the short play burst nature of the 3DS, it makes sense to have a limit. It's been designed to have a bit more purpose this time (although optional) with the various activities dotted around the island, plus you can increase the amount of time.

Not sure what the maximum, is, but I increased it on my game last night to 2:30 (I think :hmm:) after collecting enough balloons. If it goes up to 10 or 15 minutes, that would be good, 30 would be perfect.

BAH! I just need 1 more balloon while flying a plane but I can't for the life of me find it. It's like Wii Sports Resort all over again.:grin:

Not sure what the maximum, is, but I increased it on my game last night to 2:30 (I think :hmm:) after collecting enough balloons. If it goes up to 10 or 15 minutes, that would be good, 30 would be perfect.

I gave up looking for that balloon and went and I tried the other aircraft. I now have 101 balloons which has given me 4:30 on the clock.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Tried all the various caves and caverns, Adam? I only just remembered the bitch that is Twisty Cavern yesterday. :heh:

Yeah, tried that.

I figured I would get the other balloons with the other aircraft, that way I won't get excited everytime I see a white balloon, only to have it be for a different vehicle. :D

I couldn't agree more. Most reviewers clearly just played through the missions, getting just enough stars to end the game and then called it a day.

I'm still on the Silver rank as i'm trying to perfect the levels before moving on. I've also been spending a stupid amount of time on the Free Flight mode. I love flying around the island looking for landmarks and balloons, very relaxing.

Same here, I'm on Silver trying to Perfect everything. I can't believe how good this game is. I'm very tempted to call it a 10/10.

Last night I did the Bronze hang glider missions. Well, without spoiling too much, swooping down to the sea in 3D was a whole new experience in gaming, far more immersive than anything I've played before. I also love popping the balloons with the edge of my glider - there's just something cool about that and it makes me grin massively! The whole thing is unbelievably good.

Had a brilliant session on this last night. It really is awesome, just like the previous games in the series.

First time that I played this with headphones on too... WOW! :o Pseudo-Surround Sound FTW! icon14.gif

Yep, headphones all the way!

I'm still on the first main flying mission trying to perfect it... :/ I get the bonus balloon thing every time, that's not where I'm missing points, now I keep missin one or two points on impact and one or two on accuracy.

The impact I understand, land gently... but is the accuracy just counted on the landing or throughout the mission?

I'm still on the first main flying mission trying to perfect it... :/ I get the bonus balloon thing every time, that's not where I'm missing points, now I keep missin one or two points on impact and one or two on accuracy.

The impact I understand, land gently... but is the accuracy just counted on the landing or throughout the mission?

Are you stopping under the shadow on the runway? That's where you need to end up for accuracy.

I've got all red border stars on the first class, but getting them for the entire game is going to be a different story. ;)

2 hours my arse. :grin:

Are you stopping under the shadow on the runway? That's where you need to end up for accuracy.

I've got all red border stars on the first class, but getting them for the entire game is going to be a different story. ;)

2 hours my arse. :grin:

What do you have to do to get them?

I think I have 100% for some of the first few levels - do you have to just do it quicker?

What do you have to do to get them?

I think I have 100% for some of the first few levels - do you have to just do it quicker?

You have to do everything perfectly. Landing, speed, accuracy everything. :D

I managed to get all of the balloons for every aircraft and all of the landmarks. I still haven't unlocked the 3rd thing for each aircraft in freeplay but I guess I need to progress more in mission mode for this to happen.

I still haven't unlocked the 3rd thing for each aircraft in freeplay but I guess I need to progress more in mission mode for this to happen.

You unlock the dioramas by collecting the Stunt Rings/Mii Trophies/Gold Rings for each of the three vehicles in free mode.

I've now collected all the balloons, so have 5 minute free flights. I need about 4 locations, and a few left for the last two dioramas in Rocket Belt and Glider.

I've now collected all the balloons, so have 5 minute free flights. I need about 4 locations, and a few left for the last two dioramas in Rocket Belt and Glider.

Yeah, I need a couple more Mii Trophies. It's great flying around looking for the little presents and having 5 minutes really helps.

How do you get the stunt rings to work? I flew through them and nothing happened so I decided to do barrell rolls but this only works from time to time. I gave up with that and went for the trophies instead.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!