Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Retro_Link

Majaora's Mask needs no improvement! It is a perfect game.

Well, the only thing that bugged me is that Bomber who guards the path to the laboratory. Why doesn't he leave when the world is ending? Where are his parents?? For shame.

Majora's Mask is indeed the perfect game. Actually there is one tiiiiny thing that bugged me about it. The Ocarina songs were fairly lame compared to OOT. Apart from the song of healing, they were all pretty forgetful and most were literally just the few notes you played.

If you don't want to deal with trolls and other people's opinions, valid or invalid as you may consider them, get off of forums in general.

Erm, if that's what you believe doesn't that apply to you and shouldn't you be taking your own advice?

Majora's Mask needs no improvement! It is a perfect game.

Well, the only thing that bugged me is that Bomber who guards the path to the laboratory. Why doesn't he leave when the world is ending? Where are his parents?? For shame.

Whilst it improved on OOT in many ways, it also had problems inherent to the engine - namely a crap framerate and slightly sluggish controls for Link.

To be fair, I think some of the things they are doing with the colours to this remake would work a lot better in MM. Whilst it was bleak and desolate in parts, there were areas with really bold colours. Not necessarily bright colours, but very strong ones.

I think these tones, if used correctly, could be used to help to further enhance the otherworldly feeling Termina exuded.

Like I asked earlier, please ban me from this thread until release. Discussion no longer feels productive and we're back and forthing over the same small matters repeatedly. I'll chat about the game when I actually have the game. Any contributions of mine until then will likely be detrimental. Thanks.

But then the terrorists win :(

But remember, MM used extra RAM, so technically was already running on better hardware than just an N64. What sort of improvements would you like? I think they could perhaps tinker with the owl statues, so that you don't lose your save. I'm still in favour of a remake though, especially now we know Grezzo, not Nintendo, did OoT 3D.

As it stands MM is just not suitable for handhelds. You have to play the game in long bursts really.

So a new save system would have to be in place.

Otherwise A few extra dungeons wouldn't hurt.

As it stands MM is just not suitable for handhelds. You have to play the game in long bursts really.

Whilst they would need to rethink the save structure to make it work optimally as a handheld experience, the console's sleep function would help relieve some frustration caused by it.

Right, so let's just ignore the last few pages exist.

What's everyones favourite dungeon in this game? I was thinking about how varied they all are and epic some were (Spirit Temple), but my overall favourite one is without a doubt the Forest Temple. It's just stunning! Great music and atmosphere, i loved it and the whole 'tracking down the poes' thing.

Yeah, that's the main issue with MM. In its current state, it wouldn't work due to the save function. (I liked the function itself, it just doesn't fit with the quick-play nature of handheld gaming).

Other than that, adding a few other dungeons wouldn't be too great an idea. Remember, "The Four Who Live There" with regards to the giants and the dungeons. You couldn't suddenly fling in another giant. ;)

Unless it was some kind of side-dungeon, which would be ok, I guess. But then, what would you get out of it? Unless its just an extra area to go to if you want, which is ok, I guess.

Majora's Mask doesn't need any more dungeons. There's so much stuff to do between each one that it makes up for only having four. The game still ends up being about the same length as most other Zeldas I reckon.

Favourite dungeon in OOT, tough to choose but the forest, fire and water ones are the ones I enjoyed the most. They've got a great vibe, but then so do the other two. Argh, can't decide. :)

I was rather scared of the black hands dropping from the ceiling at the time. I can remember they were in the forest temple and in the shadow temple. ^^

It was the same with the zombies. That piercing scream when you'd run into one's field of vision and the couple of seconds where you were stunned and could only watch how he crept up to Link and started to bite...

Majora's Mask doesn't need any more dungeons. There's so much stuff to do between each one that it makes up for only having four. The game still ends up being about the same length as most other Zeldas I reckon.

My recent playthrough of Majora's Mask had a higher play time than Twilight Princess. Now remember this isn't my first time playing through the game so I knew what to do and collected everything 100% compared to Twilight Princess which was my first play through.

Unless it was some kind of side-dungeon, which would be ok, I guess. But then, what would you get out of it? Unless its just an extra area to go to if you want, which is ok, I guess.

Ya I just mean a few side-dungeons really. Nothing to take away from the main plot.

Water Temple is my favourite. Change anything you want, developers, but don't you dare make that temple easier (save for a better Iron Boot menu interface)

Also, Jabu Jabu's Belly and Shadow Temple.

Though every dungeon in this game is amazing, really.

Fire Temple, without a doubt. It's quite intimidating, as it's so tall and claustrophobic, with the rooms seemingly getting smaller the higher you go. You can almost feel the oppressive heat. Then there's this aspect to:

[spoiler=]Rescuing the mighty Gorons actually made me feel heroic.

Then you fight that boss, arrive in that way and hit it with that weapon... brilliant.

I prefer the sunset theme of the original, but the textures definitely look much nicer on the new one.

Water Temple is my favourite. Change anything you want, developers, but don't you dare make that temple easier (save for a better Iron Boot menu interface)
I've never understood the fuss about the Water Temple. After a couple of playthroughs it isn't that challenging, it's just a case of changing the water to a few different levels in the right order. One of the quickest temples to finish if you know how to approach it. Dark Link can be breezed past if you used the hammer or Biggoron's sword Edited by Shorty