NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Yeah, I won't be buying the extra crap, I honestly couldn't care less about it. It was just your insistence that preorder bonuses have no value that miffed me, as it is ridiculously untrue, and shops clearly go out on a limb to secure preorder bonuses to both get more sales and get away with higher prices.

I was never debating the power of preorder bonuses to fool people and their worth for shops, but how they usually give out garbage, which is no different with this Zelda.

I was saying how great this'll be at work tonight and got accused of being a nostalgist. :heh:

No shame in enjoying something this good. :heh:

25% tax plus 8£ charge for putting on tax so that's a big no unfortunately.

That sucks. :(

I was assuming Norway is a member of the EU and learned it actually isn't. The reason importing works so well here, is that games in the UK are often criminally cheap and there aren't taxes for imports within the EU. If there is a public vote for entering the EU, think of all the games! ;)

£5, not bucks, but this still proves your point wrong about the extra stuff not having value. GAME online have valued it at £5.

£35 is the standard price for 3DS games on GAME.co.uk. They're not charging extra for it.

£35 is the standard price for 3DS games on GAME.co.uk. They're not charging extra for it.

They are because other places are selling it cheaper, and they know that. Just because something is given an 'official' or typical price, it doesn't mean that's the price online retailers will sell at (games very rarely retail at £39.99 or such at the most popular online game retailers), nor does it mean any price below that is profitable.

£30 is clearly returning profit, as demonstrated by many online sellers, but they've certainly no need to lower their price when they have preorder content.

I was never debating the power of preorder bonuses to fool people and their worth for shops, but how they usually give out garbage, which is no different with this Zelda.

Again, I was merely pointing out that the fact they are charging more gives that preorder content physical value, which is counter to your original claim.

If you want that stuff, you are essentially paying £5 for it, because for £30 you will receive everything else but the promos.

As for preorder content that is 'included in the price' has no value, not true at all. The Dark Souls preorder content is awesome, and included in the price (it's the price of a standard PS3 game):

dark-souls-limited-edition_dealspwn.jpg

It is obviously costing them money, they are just taking a hit by making less profit (or speculating they will sell more copies as a result).

Edited by Sheikah

They are because other places are selling it cheaper, and they know that. Just because something is given an 'official' or typical price, it doesn't mean that's the price online retailers will sell at (games very rarely retail at £39.99 or such at the most popular online game retailers), nor does it mean any price below that is profitable.

£30 is clearly returning profit, as demonstrated by many online sellers, but they've certainly no need to lower their price when they have preorder content.

My point is that it was going to be £34.99 regardless of the preorder bonus if you bought it from GAME (or Gamestation). Yes, they are charging more than other retailers but what I'm saying is that there're not charging more just because it has a preorder bonus.

If you want to put a value on it, then they have valued the bonus as £0.

And my point is that what they 'normally' sell 3DS games at (don't know how you can state such a claim given the console has been out two minutes) is irrelevant, GAME themselves choose to vary prices and I know they have done in the past for many titles. They don't simply sell every game at a fixed price. Launch shovelware is likely what you are basing this on, but really the prices for these games were so high because they could be, as people needed something to play on their new consoles.

For proof, OoT was first priced at £40, then reduced, so clearly a £40 tag would not have apeared if £35 was the standard price.

They know what they are doing, and to you as a consumer there is clearly a £5 additional cost to obtain the same game but with the bonuses.

Edited by Sheikah

Again, I was merely pointing out that the fact they are charging more gives that preorder content physical value, which is counter to your original claim.

...which is that I think the Zelda OoT 3D preorder bonuses shown so far are mostly a pile of useless garbage (except for the seeds) and I'd prefer a nice metal game case - all of which has nothing to do with their physical value or if GAME gets 10k more preorders than they would've otherwise. :p

No, you definitely said it:

And no, I'm not arguing that they should include something like this for free. I'm arguing that you get what you pay for, and as the preorder stuff is free you get nothing even remotely of value. :p

The preorder stuff is why they aren't matching the competition, they know that online buyers know of places like Amazon and so they'd definitely lose a lot of sales if they didn't have the preorder bonuses. People are willing to pay a fiver for that stuff, sad but true.

And my point is that what they 'normally' sell 3DS games at (don't know how you can state such a claim given the console has been out two minutes) is irrelevant

From GAME's current preorder list. Most common price (currently) is £34.99 (mostly 1st party titles). Dead or Alive is £35 while it's £30 every where else.

For proof, OoT was first priced at £40, then reduced, so clearly a £40 tag would not have apeared if £35 was the standard price.

£40 was a place holder until they decided the final price.

Basically I don't think they are charging extra just because of the preorder bonus but because they can and are greedy.

Edited by Ike

The preorder stuff is why they aren't matching the competition, they know that online buyers know of places like Amazon and so they'd definitely lose a lot of sales if they didn't have the preorder bonuses. People are willing to pay a fiver for that stuff, sad but true.

Yeah, and from the context it was totally not obvious, that I was talking about the value as the "bonuses" being garbage instead of high quality collector's pieces. Good at twisting stuff, aren't we? ;)

And as for the charging more stuff for the garbage, listen to Ike!

Burny out.

As I pointed out Ike, most 3DS titles out are launch titles so that's no reason to judge the average selling price yet. Also, using the price of other games on there to justify this one reeks of assumption, this is definitely the biggest title so far so they would without doubt be trying to secure sales with attractive offers. Why do you think they seured any promo stuff at all?

And Burny, learn to read what you typed. You said that the preorder bonuses were included in the price and therefore had no value. Not that they have no value because they are cheap. It's there in plain text, no twisting required.

Edited by Sheikah

Is it me or have people lost sight of how great the actual game is going to be? the past few pages seem to be all about the pre-order bonuses... :blank:

... am I the only one who just... doesn't care and is happier to buy the standard game for the cheapest price possible? :heh:

Not meaning to start any arguments here but c'mon, it's Ocarina of Time in portable form, that's more than enough for me. :)

I'm also buying it for the cheapest price. The last few pages were because someone was BSing, something I always find hard to let go. :p

Agree, I played it the other week and it's bloody awesome. Play the original, then play this, then you'll realise just how good it is. Can't wait to get it.

But I don't have a 3DS yet :(

As I pointed out Ike, most 3DS titles out are launch titles so that's no reason to judge the average selling price yet. Also, using the price of other games on there to justify this one reeks of assumption, this is definitely the biggest title so far so they would without doubt be trying to secure sales with attractive offers. Why do you think they seured any promo stuff at all?

Which is why I said current price. I'm not basing it on something that hasn't happened. Most of those games won't be out until Christmas or next year, not launch titles. Your making plenty of assumptions yourself, but I'll drop it since we can't see to agree / is a silly thing to argue over :laughing:

Is it me or have people lost sight of how great the actual game is going to be? the past few pages seem to be all about the pre-order bonuses... :blank:

... am I the only one who just... doesn't care and is happier to buy the standard game for the cheapest price possible? :heh:

Not meaning to start any arguments here but c'mon, it's Ocarina of Time in portable form, that's more than enough for me.

Obviously, playing a remake of one of the greatest games of all times in 3D on a handheld is only half the fun with a crumpled poster instead of a bloody plastic ocarina.

That's why I've been trashing those bonuses in the first place. :heh:

I don't care about pre-order content... I'd just prefer to have that other case... it just says 'Zelda' more to me, that's how they should be.

Is it just me or have they added a red carpet and pillars to the temple of time? Can't recall it looking like that on the N64. Looks good

Is it just me or have they added a red carpet and pillars to the temple of time? Can't recall it looking like that on the N64. Looks good

No it's always had a red carpet inside, they may have extended the length a bit but it definatly had one on the n64.

Wow... that trailer doesn't leave much to be uncovered! Shows you like the WHOLE game! :p

1:08 - that must be the purest lake ever

I like the logo reveal at the end.

I went an bought Pilotwings today as i had around £30 of reward points spare so i used £20.

anyway while talking to the manager at GAME on the Headrow Leeds......He said he'd been playing OoT in the back, they already have their stock in :( and he wouldn't sell me one early either