NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Yeah it was Iwata or Miyamoto in Steel Diver Iwata asks that this was being "crammed with interesting things that weren't in the Nintendo 64 version". Pretty sure it isn't just graphics and Master Quest, cause that doesn't really fir or part of the original.

It's enough to make my crotch happy. I am going to avoid everything on this and discover it for myself as if playing OoT for the first time.

I'll be honest, I'm getting my hopes up for Ura Zelda/the 64DD stuff. I'll probably be disappointed, but I can't help thinking it.

It's what i'm thinking as well. The stuff they intended to put in the original/64DD but got cut and left out in the end. They way OoT was meant to be.

I shouldn't really think it, but I can't help but to.

Hmm, two months to go, and I'm starting to get quite interested in this. It's about time that I too complete this game considered as a right of passage in the gaming world.

I do hope that there is a lot of extra content, since it doesn't seem that hard to do, but knowing Nintendo I'm not getting my hopes up ;) It always seems like there are so many great things that they could do, that would make so many fans happy, but in the past they haven't really done much of that. Mertoid Prime Trilogy was the first game where I really sensed fan service, and I want more of that!

Mertoid Prime Trilogy was the first game where I really sensed fan service, and I want more of that!

The ultimate fan service for a remake of OoT would be to include Majora's Mask in the package. For a game they can sell on its own that'd just be a stupid thing to do. ;)

Edited by Burny

Wouldn't they have advertised all this new content by now though? Or maybe waiting for E3? Although doesn't it get released a week later?

Wouldn't they have advertised all this new content by now though? Or maybe waiting for E3? Although doesn't it get released a week later?

No. They're keeping it quiet untill closer to the release.

Quite obvious to me that they'll be revealing what all this sum'n sum'n is during their pres conference at E3.

Probably a bit before, I got the impression that they'll be doing an Iwatas Ask before the release, which would no doubt come before E3. Depending when E3 is, I forget when it is.

You know what would be awesome? It would never happen, but imagine if they included a Zelda dungeon creator tool with the game. People could create their own dungeons and upload them to a server where people could download, play and rate them. It would be like LittleBigPlanet but with better puzzles, using our favourite equipment and whatnot.

Majora's Mask was a gem, easily one of my favourite games. The only downside is that I've played both it and OoT so many times that I feel I'll probably be completing this game in autopilot.

Some claim this is the official PAL-cover for this game. I don't think it has been officially show yet, though.

A better one would be that caption of Link and Ganon both on it, with Link holding up his shield to Ganon's punch.

Some claim this is the official PAL-cover for this game. I don't think it has been officially show yet, though.

wow. I think it looks really japanese. I'm impressed :)

If that is the cover, I'm renaming this to The Legend of Zelda: Finally A Decent Boxart... 3D. Looks a bit Photoshopped though, especially the spine.

Edited by Guy

New images and more

5_KokiriForest_EN.bmp

40_MeetingZelda_EN.bmp

21_GohmaDead_EN.bmp

18_Gohma_EN.bmp

3_LinkNavi_EN.bmp

1_TitleScreen_EN.bmp

11_DekuBabaAttack2_EN.bmp

34_HyruleTown_2_EN.bmp

16_PushBlock_EN.bmp

Nintendo of Greece also revealed a new mode in the game; Boss Challenge mode. It's where you challenge all the bosses, one after the other.

There are also apparently instructional videos in the game to help with puzzles should you get stuck

Hyrule market looks great.

Boss Challenge mode. It's where you challenge all the bosses, one after the other.

Yay! One of my favourite things about Majora's Mask was the ability to rebattle the bosses.

Boss Challenge Mode?

I'm even more sold on this that I was before, which was completely so... I'm all sold out!

Day 1 purchase. :D

Market looks great. Hope they keep the same overhead shot for outside the temple of time.

I wish current Zeldas would go back to putting the location text in a prominent place like they did with OOT/MM rather than the corner, but that's a big nitpick.

Master Quest 3DS is different to the GC version.

Master Quest mode will see some surprising changes to the game. Puzzles will have to be thought about and solved in new ways from the main Story mode, whilst items and enemies will be found in different locations. The land of Hyrule has also been reversed as locations are mirrored - so what would ordinarily have been on the right now appears on the left and vice versa. Enemies will also prove more difficult to beat, and as such the greater complexity involved in this new Master Quest will test the gameplay abilities of even the most seasoned fans and prove a new experience for all.

1- Boss challenge mode: YES! Oh lord, thank you so much!

2- Mirrored Master Quest: lolwut? What an arbitrary change to make... Meh, no biggie.

2- Mirrored Master Quest: lolwut? What an arbitrary change to make... Meh, no biggie.

Yup, it's quite strange. This isn't Mario Kart.

Hope they didn't make Link right handed in the mirrored mode :angry:

Oh no, he becomes right handed! Zelda game now officially sucks!!! :heh:I loved the reactions TP Wii version had because he was right handed.

What a strange addition. Boss mode is an awesome inclusion though. At least they're putting something new in to add replay value, not that the game needs it. There's already so much to do.

I have only beaten the adult portion of Ocarina of Time once, so I cannot wait to revisit the later dungeons again. It's going to be an awesome June.

Oh no, he becomes right handed! Zelda game now officially sucks!!! :heh:I loved the reactions TP Wii version had because he was right handed.

Indeed. I'm cancelling my preorder :P