NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

if you have no story, you're in trouble

This is obviously a humanoid Miyamoto.

Of course, the Nintendo 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is crammed with interesting things that weren't in the Nintendo 64 version, but we'll wait to talk about those the release.

Oh the tease.

Story is very overrated, in my opinion, as a driving force. I'm glad Miyamoto, Iwata and co are feeling the components of Ocarina of Time... how important the overall design was.

Gawd, looking at these pictures...

I'm apologize the vulgarity.

But THESE pics could make me come loads.

Ever since I was 7 I've been dreaming of playing OoT on a handheld.

It's just so perfect that they actually take the time to remake it. Just hope to god they don't f it up.

Suggestive themes? They're not talking about Ruto are they?

You never met Ingo around the back of Lon Lon Ranch at night?

Are suggestive themes limited to sex, or can it be violence and death too?

Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials

Then there are a lot dedicated to sex itself:

Nudity - Graphic or prolonged depictions of nudity

Partial Nudity - Brief and/or mild depictions of nudity

Sexual Content - Non-explicit depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including partial nudity

Sexual Themes - References to sex or sexuality

Sexual Violence - Depictions of rape or other violent sexual acts

So I guess if it was something sexual it would be one of those, not "suggestive themes"

Suggestive themes? They're not talking about Ruto are they?

What about pyramid-boob?

Imagine those in eye-popping 3D

Eye-popping? They're that pointy that they'll literally cut a hole in your eyes.

Jokes aside, Nintendos strategy should be to release Majoras Mask in 2012, coinciding with the apocolyptic predictions concerning the 2012 phenomenon. I'm expecting it to come out no earlier than 12/18/2012 in line with the 3 day time limit in Majoras Mask, giving consumers 3 days literally to beat the game before the end of the world.

Can we let him back in the forum, please?

According to the Australian rating boards, OoT 3D is developed by Grezzo Co. (Line Attack Heroes)

e2wyw.png

According to the Australian rating boards, OoT 3D is developed by Grezzo Co. (Line Attack Heroes)

Is nothing sacred? :shakehead

In all seriousness I'm sure that Grezzo Co. will do a fine job on the enhanced port but it begs the question... if Nintendo outsourced this then, what are their internal teams secretly working on? :wink:

Well, they have Skyward sword and the other million 3DS titles they're developing :heh:

But yeah, Nintendo are doing far too much software wise just now, though surprised it's Zelda, they'll be breathing down Grezzo's back making sure it's right.

Edited by ShadowV7

June 19th for the US it is then, what about US (not the country)?

Well, they have Skyward sword and the other million 3DS titles they're developing :heh:

But yeah, Nintendo are doing far too much software wise just now, though surprised it's Zelda, they'll be breathing down Grezzo's back making sure it's right.

And hopefully they'll get round to announcing some of it at E3.

They aren't making Pandora's Tower or Kirby for the Wii.

OOT 3D isn't theirs.... so what's the betting Star Fox isn't either. Sora are making Kid Icarus, Intelligent Systems are making Paper Mario and EAD Tokyo are doing Super Mario.

So that leaves the rest of Nintendo's internal teams with development of Animal Crossing 3DS (no doubt bearing little difference to the Wii game... that being a mild extension of the DS game... its self drawn heavily from the GC game... which was a direct port of the N64 original), Mario Kart and Skyward Sword. Which isn't a lot really given their size.

Unless I'm missing some other titles of course... but those are all I could think of right now.

Oh, and since I've just seen a retweet by Darksnowman, Wii Play: Motion. I guess that one should keep the tea boy busy for a while between his brew making.

Edited by Captain Falcon

The updated visuals are really nice, but I'm not digging the one showing the battle with Phantom Ganon. :nono:

2re5iyd.png

It's the lighting more than anything, it looks way too bright and clean, I seriously prefer the look on the original version. It's actually one of my favourite parts of the entire game, I loved the dark/eerie vibe of it.

But that seems to be lost in the 3DS version. :hmm:

Anyway, it's just a screen, so I'll reserve judgement until I see it in action.

I feel exactly the same. As important as seeing far into the distance will be for the 3D, that fog was integral to many places in the game and the atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to potentially enhanced audio for Forbidden Forest.

Boxart:

16iwm5y.jpg

Master Quest officially confirmed:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D brings a completely re-mastered version of an epic entry in the beloved The Legend of Zelda game series to Nintendo’s newest hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS. The game couples phenomenally enhanced graphics with stunning, glasses-free 3D visuals to bring to life the daring adventures of its hero, Link™. A streamlined touch-screen interface and newly implemented motion controls provide a fresh and intuitive feel as players immerse themselves in the tale of the creation of Hyrule and the struggle for control of its all-powerful ancient relic. The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game. The Legend of Zelda veterans can look forward to the Master Quest – a second quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons that feature the same graphical and interface upgrades as the main game. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a masterful improvement on one of the landmark releases in video game history.

US release is June 19th, I'm guessing we'll get it roughly the same time.

Sexy boxart! :D

Wonder if it will be a shiny gold case, or a limited edition shiny at least.

I hope Nintendo busts out the good stuff for this release. Ocarina is legendary, it deserves a shiny cover AT LEAST.

Yep, agreed with the cover. It deserves something nice like that for something of this epic.