Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 7

Retro_Link

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the battle mode in mario kart could be so much more...

If anyone's played the ctr battle mode you'd know what I mean.

I'd like a good story mode. I'm not going to get it the way CTR did it but I believe the mario kart DS one player was at least an effort. They could expand this time.

Shouldn't we be speculating about potential new characters....

I for one hope that Petey Piranha will return and that a certain fat purple Luma will make an appearance.

I hope we see a few less characters:

Honestly, get rid of Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach and Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser, Toadette, Funky Kong and Catherine/Birdo. Couple Donkey and Diddy Kong up into one. Perhaps add Petey and thats 12 characters, plus Miis. Thats ample enough. MK Wii just felt too bloated, especially with the array of karts and bikes also.

I'd like to see some viral tracks delivered by solely by Street/Spotpass; perhaps all the classic tracks remastered for 3DS but you're unlikely to get them all.

The first half was awesome and the second half was more awesome. Had so much fun on that track (after banning the shortcut because my dad and uncle couldn't do it lol) trying to place banana skins right on the edge of the big jump to get people in, or firing a green shell at just the right time.

I was so deadly with a green shell on MK64 :awesome:

The first half was awesome and the second half was more awesome. Had so much fun on that track (after banning the shortcut because my dad and uncle couldn't do it lol) trying to place banana skins right on the edge of the big jump to get people in, or firing a green shell at just the right time.

I was so deadly with a green shell on MK64 :awesome:

Yeh.. it's a brilliant track and I loved holding on to a lightning bolt until people were about to go over a big jump :grin: I miss those sorts of moments in more recent Mario Kart games :hmm:

Yeh.. it's a brilliant track and I loved holding on to a lightning bolt until people were about to go over a big jump :grin: I miss those sorts of moments in more recent Mario Kart games :hmm:

That's most certainly not due to the lack of opportunities for people to fall of the course when they are hit at the right time. ;)

Honestly, get rid of Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach and Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser, Toadette, Funky Kong and Catherine/Birdo. Couple Donkey and Diddy Kong up into one. Perhaps add Petey and thats 12 characters, plus Miis. Thats ample enough. MK Wii just felt too bloated, especially with the array of karts and bikes also.

With MK Wii being online, I welcomed this "bloatedness." Though I think Petey Piranha is a waste of space, have done since Double Dash.

Why? As darksnwoman said, that "bloatedness" should only be welcome if the game heavily relies on online races. If anything, I'd like them to blow it up with even more recognizable characters. I wouldn't mind having as many drivers as there are characters in Smash Brothers.

At least the characters don't bloat the balance: three weight classes and that's it. Beyond that it's just a different model, different animations and different sounds.

With cars and bikes you're right, MK Wii was hopelessly bloated. To many different vehicles to make them all useful and still distinguishable, and far too weak karts in comparison to bikes. :-/

My personal preference would be for Mario Kart to go back to its roots, in some respects. I would much rather everyone goes back to racing karts only, for a start :eek:

Part of me feels that, as good as the last couple of entries have been (Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii), the number of variables standing in your way has almost become too great :hmm: For example, in Mario Kart Wii, I don't really have anything against the bikes but I do hate that the way the game is designed, there is an unfortunate advantage for those who choose bikes over cars. I don't want to feel forced into having to use a vehicle I'm less fond of just so I can compete.

In addition to this, each character has their own attributes as well as the statistics for each vehicle. You may argue that this gives everyone the opportunity to find the combination that works best for them, given the variety. However, in Mario Kart I think I would prefer to go back to the Super Mario Kart approach where there were basically only four different sets of abilities with two characters in each category..

The definitely need to fix Battle Mode, too..

My personal preference would be for Mario Kart to go back to its roots, in some respects. I would much rather everyone goes back to racing karts only, for a start :eek:

Part of me feels that, as good as the last couple of entries have been (Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii), the number of variables standing in your way has almost become too great :hmm: For example, in Mario Kart Wii, I don't really have anything against the bikes but I do hate that the way the game is designed, there is an unfortunate advantage for those who choose bikes over cars. I don't want to feel forced into having to use a vehicle I'm less fond of just so I can compete.

In addition to this, each character has their own attributes as well as the statistics for each vehicle. You may argue that this gives everyone the opportunity to find the combination that works best for them, given the variety. However, in Mario Kart I think I would prefer to go back to the Super Mario Kart approach where there were basically only four different sets of abilities with two characters in each category..

Yes! They'll market it as New Slurm Mario Kart. Then, when everyone hates it, they'll bring back Slurm Mario Kart Classic, and make billions!

0.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!