Kid Icarus Uprising

Retro_Link

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14832

Kid Icarus: Uprising Conference

You can watch the video below, although it's in Japanese, there is plenty to see! Enjoy

---

Loads of live gameplay from 18mins onwards!

Although there's not as much going on, visually the flying gameplay looks as good as S&P2 on Wii, and the on-foot even putting Twilight Princess to shame!

Pits character model looks amazing!!

On a small screen, in 3D, this game is gonna look incredible!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...

When people used to talk about bringing Kid Icarus back, I expected it to be like Metroid (not Metroid Prime, but the general Metroid gameplay). This looks less appealing, but still promising.

I'm not worried about using L to fire, as Star Fox Command had a similar control scheme and I loved that.

I think it looks fantastic! I love how already its looking like a real adventure and having this awesome 'new' characters world to explore is an exciting prospect. Pit's been given great expression and some great cutscenes. The 'Zelda' for the 3DS almost, and definately one of my most wanted.

Edited by Retro_Link

ReZ, how could you not want this?

This is my most wanted 3DS game. Honestly, if they released this and nothing else on the 3DS, I'd still be happy. Been waiting for too long for a new Kid Icarus game.

Like I can understand maybe why Ice Climbers weren't brought back after the NES (although to be fair, I think Ice Climbers could make nice use of the 3D on the handheld so get to it Nintendo :D No need to leave any of your characters behind. Hell, bring Game and Watch back as well just for the sack of it) but never really understood why they left Pit after a NES and Gameboy game when there has always been great potential for a 3D iteration of Kid Icarus.

And now we're finally getting one :bouncy: So happy and it looks fantastic. Glad they didn't try to be all 'Zelda' with the game and even though it does give the impression of Sin and Punishment, it more than stands on its own as a separate entity from those games.

Does make you wonder though, will Nintendo rope in Treasure for a new Sin and Punishment? Imagine how awesome that'd be having Sin and Punishment for playing on the go, with the high difficulty and everything. You'd have a few people staring at you wondering why you were screaming swear words at a handheld after you died for the umpteenth time :santa:

• 4 months later...

Personally I think this looks terrible.

As messy and all over the place as Smash Brothers, you can hardly see what's happening on the screen. Kid Icarus on the NES used to be a shooter with precise controls and platforming. This looks nothing like that.

Listen well Medusa! Your days of darkness are numbered! Prepare to meet the light!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhhhhhhhhhhh...... That's so cheesy, it's cringeworthy, even by video game standards. :indeed:

The rest looks good though. Seems to be very fluent and fast paced. I'm not so cinfident in the control scheme so far.

Would prefer the japanese version with english subtitles. Think the game looks great. What's going on with the multiplayer though, is it online or what? Why are Nintendo completely ignoring online AGAIN. Don't they realise it's what we all want?! With it being 3V3 multiplayer, shurely it will be... surely... surely?

Rumour has it this won't be coming to Europe until Q1 2012. :mad:

I realise a Sakurai developed title takes ages to get out but it'll be absolutely ridiculous if the game isn't released this year. Should have been a launch title, been repeatedly told it's coming this year but apparently it may not be.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15682

E3 2011 Media: Kid Icarus AR Cards in Action

See what the Kid Icarus Uprising augmented reality cards look like in action.

During their conference on Tuesday Nintendo announced that Kid Icarus Upising will feature augmented reality support, allowing for players to use a number of cards for simulated fights. Masahiro Sakura has since taken to Twitter to show off the cards for the world to see.

23.jpg

As you can see from the photo above there are over 20 cards available, although the final total has yet to be revealed. Mr. Sakura also tweeted images of the cards in action, which can be viewed in the gallery... http://www.n-europe.com/screenshots.php?gid=kidicupr&page=1

19.jpg

22.jpg

Are these coming with the game?

You need the game? I thought they were like the cards that you got with the 3DS. Bah! :(

They are. The ones that come with the 3DS are simply markers. If Nintendo wanted to release more they'll have to send the data to your 3DS first, via an update or game.