N-Europe

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Retro_Link

I hope its longer than Yoshi's Story though. One of my friend's flats had it in first year and I went there one day and completed it in an hour or two.

An awesome hour or two mind :)

Mmm, it wasn't a long game. In fact it was kind of like a first foray into a casual market, because it actually had quite a bit of replayability in it, whilst still being easy enough and attractive enough for regular players. It was darn pretty and cute, too!

As for Epic Yarn, as I said to Marcamillian, it realistically strikes me as a slight shift from standard inhaling mechanic, but looks to be essentially the same with new possibilities, and a focus on environment interaction through the mechanic. Even if it's easy as pie, I know I'll definitely enjoy it, I don't think there's a single kirby platformer I haven't liked. There's a definite charm they manage to capture with them.

The name of this game got a few laughs from me. But, the game itself looks brilliant. Not sure where to begin with it. It looks really fun. My kind of humour, I think.

The name is bad, Epic Mickey looks epic, this just doesn't look like it cuts the mustard (it looks like short sharp fun, but nothing of... epic proportions ;) ). Plus I'm getting really bored of how 'epic' has become the catchphrase of the times, anything thats good is epic. I suppose just like 'rad' and 'wicked' in times passed.

But I must add from watching the conference it did play really well and the art style was really nice.

The name is bad, Epic Mickey looks epic, this just doesn't look like it cuts the mustard (it looks like short sharp fun, but nothing of... epic proportions ;) ). Plus I'm getting really bored of how 'epic' has become the catchphrase of the times, anything thats good is epic. I suppose just like 'rad' and 'wicked' in times passed.

But I must add from watching the conference it did play really well and the art style was really nice.

Oh, I hate the word Epic, haha. But, it kinda seems like it's taking the piss out of itself. I mean, Kirby is not serious at all. It's a game where you control a pink ball of...pink, and you swallow stuff. :heh:

I would put it up there with Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. :heh: It's fun without actually believing that it is epic.

I've got a feeling this will get a name change for the PAL release anyway. For one thing, 'yarn' to mean wool is more of an American term, and also, NOE seems to have a habot recently of changing names that don't translate well intoother European languages.

I think, maybe, they've gone for the idea of an epic yarn as in an epic tale or story? I don't doubt it'll get changed somehow, too often it's the case with too many things, but I can't think what else they'd change it to really, that won't possibly be just as silly.

I think it's a good title. It has several plays on words. Yarn can mean long thread or also story which both fit the game. Abbreviate the title like Kirby changes form and you get KEY which is important as the objects around him are the key to his success.

Also, it's just my opinion but I think Kirby will be more worthy of the title epic when Kirby's Epic Yarn and Epic Mickey are released.

I dunno. Epic Mickey has an 80 year history and takes place across all kinds of locations and dimensions :p

Although with both games I just think of this:

I thought our love was epic, you know?

Epic, how?

Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined. Bloodshed. Epic.

Edited by Ashley

Does anyone know if Sakurai has any involvement in this? Someone told me he does, but all I can find is that it's being developed by some studio called Feel Good, apparently the same guys who made WarioLand Shake Dimension? I know he left HAL and that behind, but I wonder if they'll do his legacy justice if he isn't involved...

Does anyone know if Sakurai has any involvement in this? Someone told me he does, but all I can find is that it's being developed by some studio called Feel Good, apparently the same guys who made WarioLand Shake Dimension? I know he left HAL and that behind, but I wonder if they'll do his legacy justice if he isn't involved...

They mentioned his name a few times in the build-up to the announcement.