N-Europe

GoldenEye 007

Ren of Heavens

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm concerned that with a little over a week to go, we have no reviews. I guess it'll be Friday for the US reviews for its release Tuesday..?

I'm gonna call an 8.2.

Yeah it does feel a bit wierd, the release is so close, yet somehow it kinda feels like it's in mid development... not in terms of quality, but just in terms of it feels like it's suddenly got to launch and there's been little in the way of previews etc...

You people are clearly forgetting this is an Activision Wii game.

Hands up if anybody has seen even a single screen shot for the Wii version of Black Ops?

Compared to that game, we've been overloaded with info on this one.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to find that Activision have an embargo on reviews until the game's release just to make sure all those pre-orders generate sales without any hitches.

I've seen the multiplayer videos on IGN. I think they look cool. The black box mode seems like a fun variation.

Looks to me like another FPS on the Wii worth getting.

Only watched the first one and seeing the snow and the huts just took me back :hehe: It looked pretty nice..

Got the Magazine myself but sinse its already translated on neogaf ill do some copy paste:

Dutch [N]Gamer gives Goldeneye a 8.5 Two guys reviewed it.

Pro's: finally, we can play as Bond again! The singleplayer is good, the multiplayer is extremely addictive. This game will keep you busy for a long time.

Con's: Graphicly not always as good. Singleplayer at times has to much "standard" shooting sequences and some fans may not like the new additions.

Conclusion: Excellent Bond game and a good Wii FPS, both things the Wii was in dire need off. The updates make it very interesting voor veteran and newcomers alike. Not as legendary as the original, but we really reccomend it.

Review tidbits:

- Graphics are good, but at times the framerate takes a dive like in the original game. Some areas are gorgeous (like Severnaya) but the Spanish nightclub has dancing people which don't look to hot. Lighting in this games is great and the interface is good as well.

- Several gadgets are not as cool. Whoopie, a smartphone. Expected more from James Bond, the gadget spy. But shooting stuff is the primary goal and it works like a charm. But, after the fantastic remake of the Dam level, it becomes more of an "shoot stuff and go on though" kind of game. But, there is the possibillity to sneak around for stealth.

- Updated story is at times different.

- Diffilculty of the game is very pleasing.

- Detail their multiplayer games, are very positive about. As addictive as the original.

UNIVERSAL EXPORTS

Activision’s European general manager of licensed business David Tyler explains the marketing plan:

“Our GoldenEye campaign represents the single largest scale of investment we have ever made in the UK for a title that is exclusive to Nintendo platforms.

“In collaboration with Nintendo, we recently shot our TV ad that showcases GoldenEye being played in a very social setting with an ad that feels distinctively ‘Nintendo’.

“We’re very pleased with the outcome here and have an aggressive level of media investment in place for the UK, kicking off with the first TV ad which will be broadcast during The X Factor on October 30th.”

Source http://www.mcvuk.com/retail-biz/previews/844/GoldenEye-007

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!