N-Europe

Who are you voting for? POLL!

dwarf

Who will you vote for at this general election?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for at this general election?

• The Labour Party
    • The Liberal Democrats
    • The Conservative Party
    • Other.

voting twice comes under electoral fraud and is a criminal offence. Just so you know that voting twice could get you a criminal record that could have consequences in the years ahead if your crime is uncovered.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

voting twice comes under electoral fraud and is a criminal offence. Just so you know that voting twice could get you a criminal record that could have consequences in the years ahead if your crime is uncovered.

Yeah you get two cards because you can vote at either, not both.

I voted for Labour in a very marginal Lab/Lib seat.

I want the Lib Dems to do as well as they can, my own political views split between labour and liberal, but mainly where they can damage the tories, not labour.

My vote is towards labour having enough power to form an alliance with the liberals to push through some form of a fairer voting system, and to protect us from a conservative government.

Voted Lib Dems, in a Conservative/Lib Dem area.

I'd have voted Labour, just for the fact I think we need Gordon Brown for the next year (after that not so much), but it's pointless doing so here, so Lib Dem it is.

So long as spinless, policyless Cameron doesn't get in, that's all that matters!

I just voted LibDem in a fairly safe LibDem seat (it being Nick Clegg's constituency and all). I think he just voted at the same station as I did as well, strange!
Not really seeing as it's his constituency!

On my vote slip were all the local candidates for this area. Is that how it's always done for general elections? I expected to just see the names of all the parties. I was a bit worried i'd just voted on a local one.

My first general election vote, woo!

Wow we have some impatient whiners here. I've made a few polls on NE before and I have made the results both public and viewable before the close date. In this case I think it's better to have authenticity, instead of having the standard poll that dribbles on and doesn't actually have a 'climax' as it were.

This way we'll have a "BOOM!! Look at dem poll results blaaad" situation and everyone will be happy.

That's why I said to just make your vote and talk amongst yourselves later. This thread isn't going anywhere, neither will you lot be leaving your computers (actually a fair amount will to be watching The Alternative Election which I highly recommend).

Hopefully I've explained well enough about why we can't go on like this, and why we can improve polls so that they are more interesting. Are you thinking what I'm thinking now? It's time for change, and that's what I can bring you and have brought you. With voters discretion hidden for everybody, I believe in a future fair for all.

This is change that works for you.

On my vote slip were all the local candidates for this area. Is that how it's always done for general elections? I expected to just see the names of all the parties. I was a bit worried i'd just voted on a local one.

Yeah you vote for the MP you want in your area, not the party you want in power.

Yeah it's my first vote too! Didn't bother last time.

Yep, you vote for your local seat, and then all the seats across the country are totted up.

Whilst the election is looked on as people voting in terms of the overall country... Some people choose to vote in terms of which party will be best for their local area, so they are voting more for their local MP.

But yeah it does feel wierd seeing all the parties jumbled up on the ballot paper.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just did my vote, which was much easier than a previous election i did (which had 3 sheets with 10 candidates on each).

I'm hoping Mr Brown doesn't get back in, i think 13 years of Labour is enough for this country. Kind of shows which party i didn't vote for.

Wow we have some impatient whiners here.

Shut up.

Yeah I was about to say...

Although to be fair... I don't think many people would actually get in trouble for it...

I picked other here. And by other I mean I decided I wasn't going to vote at all. I've got my voting card thing sitting down stairs but there are two main reasons why I decided I didn't want to vote: 1) I just don't trust any of the politicians. All too often they're just reading a bunch of lies or slandering opposition policies and not bothering to talk about their own and I honestly can't remember one politician in this country that has stuck to his guns over policies. 2) I don't think calling an election now was the best choice. We've just come out of a recession and a change in government will surely create some instability in our economy. And hell, if we get a hung parliament then it definitely will create some instability.

Would have been my first vote but I just didn't want to. Always the Scottish Parliamentary elections next year but that seems like a bigger farse than this.

2) I don't think calling an election now was the best choice. We've just come out of a recession and a change in government will surely create some instability in our economy. And hell, if we get a hung parliament then it definitely will create some instability.

By law Labour had to call an election around now, they left it about as late as they could. It's not in their interest to do so, as they'll probably lose.

We've just come out of a recession and a change in government will surely create some instability in our economy. And hell, if we get a hung parliament then it definitely will create some instability.

So not voting is going to help that?

I actually voted... only cause my dad took me to the polling station otherwise I wouldn't have voted.

This will get a bad reaction here but I voted...

Conservative

:heh:

ooo how could you?! :heh:

I voted for the UCU (& Conservatives)

They changed our voting this year, last year we numbered as many, or as few of the candidates in preference, and this year we could only pick one!

Why the OTT rudeness? No.

It was in jest.

I'm kidding.

Don't worry.

But if you had told us that the result were a timed thing no one would have moaned.

Because it's actually kind of cool.

Love it.

To be fair they were the only ones who seemed to want my vote. Didn't get anything from Labour or Lib Dems through the post. Also the Tory candidate here has been doing a good job battling some proposed super pylons they want to put through our village and others around here.

The biggest reason though... my favourite colour is blue :heh:

and the Lib Dems are a bunch of idiots who don't support nuclear power

In short, you all suck :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!