Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I'm trapped in Krakow!

flameboy

Flights are grounded until at LEAST 7pm today according to Sky News.

Hopefully this situation can be resolved soon so the people who have things booked and homes waiting can get to where they need to be. If anyone could actually get up there to see the cloud I bet it's a sight to behold from the air though.

Can't help but think the damn Smoke Monster from Lost has escaped the Island and is slowly covering the world, mechanically clinking and flashing.

Edited by Guy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised something but if this thing keeps up for much longer I might get to take my own holiday... And I'm not even flying anywhere?????

There's only 3 people including me working in my office, one was on holiday last week and is currently stuck in Germany till Tuesday, but I don't know if flights will even get out. I'm supposed to have a week off from the 26th. Me and the wife were just going to do a road trip round the west of Ireland. But if the my collegue is still stuck in Germany I can imagine head office will probably tell me I have to work cuz the office can't be left with just one staff member?

Ad to that I'm thinking about all the clients I "should" have travelling out in the next few weeks. And if this thing continues into next month I got 4 clients doing a whole interary around Canada and USA that was complicated to put together in the first place I don't want to have to worry about rebooking or refunding.

Was watching Sky News apparently KLM and Luftansa have been sending up test flights with passenger planes at 11,000 feet so far all have proved positive and undamaged and their doing a few more then going to see if European Air Traffic Control will let them fly. Why isn't every other airline trying the same?

Seen that some companies are starting test flights so remains to be seen if this means flights start. Ryanair are cancelled till tomorrow afternoon anyway so have to ring up in the morning and see how that goes. Franklin where did you find the bus to dublin from?!

Seen that some companies are starting test flights so remains to be seen if this means flights start. Ryanair are cancelled till tomorrow afternoon anyway so have to ring up in the morning and see how that goes. Franklin where did you find the bus to dublin from?!

I don't know where you find it, you could ask at hotel reception they should know where to find out about it and tickets.

I just know about it from a few polish people I know who've mentioned it before, and I do remember being in Dublin once and seeing a bus arrive that came from Poland.

From what I understand, some scientists are saying modern planes may actually be able to fly in something like this, its just nobody wants to test the theory.

I dunno about the rest of you but I certainly don't want to be in the plane that tests it! I'm not a great flier as it is haha! =P

BMI have cancelled all of their flights on monday.. So my holidays been cancelled too. b00

well we just spent 95GBP each to get a bus from Krakow to Leeds...we leave 10.30 Tuesday Morning and get in 18.00 Wednesday night...gonna be a long old bus ride...as if to make matters worse, my n900 is broken, the touch screen doesn't seem to be responding.

I dunno about the rest of you but I certainly don't want to be in the plane that tests it! I'm not a great flier as it is haha! =P

BMI have cancelled all of their flights on monday.. So my holidays been cancelled too. b00

I wouldn't imagine they would send any passengers up in a test flight.

well we just spent 95GBP each to get a bus from Krakow to Leeds...we leave 10.30 Tuesday Morning and get in 18.00 Wednesday night...gonna be a long old bus ride...as if to make matters worse, my n900 is broken, the touch screen doesn't seem to be responding.

Haha, my advise actually helped someone, : peace:

Glad to hear you've found a way back now anyway mate

I've been trying to get to Belfast since thursday morning. Flybe have been really helpful with re booking flights etc but they have now had to cancel everything till at least 11am on Wednesday.

So, I have now booked a train to Liverpool and got a cabin on the overnight 8 HOUR ferry crossing. Despite the hassle, I'm actually rather looking forward to the journey and getting somewhere.

I hope airspace is open by sat as I need to get back to watch the missus run the London marathon.

Screw you Effajalajaffacake!

It may have been mentioned before (haven't read all the posts), but why don't the planes just... fly a bit lower than normal...?

Obviously the journeys would take a bit longer and you wouldn't be able to get as many up in the air at the same but some is better than none, right?

Though I'm sure there's perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they don't :heh:

It may have been mentioned before (haven't read all the posts), but why don't the planes just... fly a bit lower than normal...?

Obviously the journeys would take a bit longer and you wouldn't be able to get as many up in the air at the same but some is better than none, right?

Though I'm sure there's perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they don't :heh:

its not safe for those jumbo jets to fly so low and the pollution it would cause would be immense..

The lower the altitude, the more air resistance, so the planes use up more fuel and can't fly as far.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!