Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Election 2010 - Con/Lib Government

danny

Disgusting behaviour from both sides, though clearly envoked by that "how many of you are robbers?" remark.

Yeah, I agree there. What did he hope to gain from that? You wouldn't expect that from a politician. Still, stupid for all of them to get involved. They all lose.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitly stay for the Alternative Election coverage and the first round of results at 1am, then I'll have to see how I feel after that.

To eat or to throw?

Haha!

I'd like to eat/drink them all because hopefully Cameron won't get in.

If things aren't going well though, some of it will have to be sacrificed unfortunately :P

The BNP were by far worse in that clip. The guy deserved a spit in the face and he started the violence.

In rather good news my dad, usual tory voter, went Labour this time :)

Also, my mum, lifelong tory voter, went Lib Dem for the first time :D

I hold some influence in the house, hurrah!

Now let's hope the tories don't get Tynemouth.

Hmmm hung parliament going by the Exit Polls, but would that majority of conservative be enough for them to claim the right to govern, or would Labour try and stay in power somehow by partnering with Lib Dems in some form?

I don't really know what I'm on about but that's the kind of stuff they're blabbering on about atm.

I had to turn Jimmy Carr off after about 10 minutes because he was annoying me so much. Turned on just after 10 to see him make a joke which didn't make any sense whatsoever. Something to do with a BNP candidate getting beat up so much he became a BNP supporter?

Yeah, I'll be sticking to the BBC, thanks. Without Jimmy Carr that programme on C4 could've been quite entertaining; I just can't see how people can think he's funny. He's all about one liners and facial expressions.

I love Lord Ashdown's Freudian slip: "The Tories will try and play their favourite prick urr trick".

Also I kind of agree with Labour's spin on the results. Yes, you could interpret the polls as "we don't want Gordon!" but on the other hand this time last year the Tories would have walked in. The fact they haven't also shows that people have turned away from Cameron. So yeah...nobody is wanted?

Hmmm hung parliament going by the Exit Polls, but would that majority of conservative be enough for them to claim the right to govern, or would Labour try and stay in power somehow by partnering with Lib Dems in some form?

I don't really know what I'm on about but that's the kind of stuff they're blabbering on about atm.

if exit polls translate to seats then the Tories would have the first oppurtunity to try and form a government, however to do that they would need help from the Unionists in Ireland and most likely the Nationalists in Scotland and Wales.

If they were unable to do that then Labour would be given the chance to form a government, most likely involving the Lib Dems

and if none of them can do that and they can't agree on who runs the country then we could end up with another election this year, just like 1974

Dimbleby just called the BNP a racist party. I didn't think that was allowed.

yeah.....hmmm odd...perhaps he doesn't give a shit after the stick the BBC got for giving the BNP the platform to speak on Question Time...

Interesting to see all these reports coming out about people not being able to vote due to lack of papers...means that constituency will be contested legally I'd imagine if its only won by a narrow margin. Also talks of some of some polling stations staying open late past the date tut tut...what a mess!

Personally I'm disappointed Exit Polls aren't giving LibDems as many seats as I'd hoped considering the polls post TV Debates...thats the press' fault for getting all over Nick Clegg like a rash for everything.

0007: Sky News is showing footage of a dispute between would-be voters and election officials in Islington South, after dozens were turned away when polls closed at 10pm. There are also reports that some failed voters in Sheffield are blocking roads around polling stations to stop ballot boxes being removed.

ffs what a mess!!!!

For god's sake why the hell are the BBC using twitter? I hate this culture where they feel the need to use these sort of things. It just reeks of old people trying to be cool and "down with the kids".

I'm gonna go watch Outnumbered. Somebody post the proceedings here so I can catch up please.

For god's sake why the hell are the BBC using twitter? I hate this culture where they feel the need to use these sort of things. It just reeks of old people trying to be cool and "down with the kids".

I'm gonna go watch Outnumbered. Somebody post the proceedings here so I can catch up please.

if your watching tonights episode you are in for a treat...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!