Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

3DS Console Discussion

Dante

It just wasn't. The DS version was released here last year but that's it.

You just reminded me though, a NEW Adventure Time game will be coming soon. It's titled:

"Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!"

D3Publisher:

Following the mathematical success of the IGN Editors’ Choice Award-winning Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!!, show creator Pendleton Ward again teams up with developer WayForward to create Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!. The all-new action game will be available for the first time ever on the Wii U™ system from Nintendo, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, as well as a return to the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system this fall. In a completely new storyline and adventure and featuring the voices of the show’s most popular characters, fans will have to save the Candy Kingdom by exploring the mysteries surrounding a massive Secret Royal Dungeon deep below the Land of Ooo. Select from an assortment of fan-favorite characters from the show, including Finn, Jake, Marceline, Cinnamon Bun, and more, and team up with your friends in four-player co-operative multiplayer as the Adventure Time world comes to life. Adventure Time is the pop culture sensation, Emmy® Award-nominated, top-rated animated comedy, and its popularity continues to soar across the globe among fans of all ages.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130514005667/en/D3Publisher-Cartoon-Network-Announce-Video-Games-Adventure

Have any of you guys wondered why streetpass is so incredibly underused?

Granted it IS NINTENDO, but just Streetpass Quest and collecting Puzzle Pieces (which most will finish fairly quickly) seems like a slim offering for a function that can play a part in a broad variety of different experiences.

Didn't Iwata say that there was more underway for Streetpass a while back, or am I imagining things?

Granted it IS NINTENDO, but just Streetpass Quest and collecting Puzzle Pieces (which most will finish fairly quickly) seems like a slim offering for a function that can play a part in a broad variety of different experiences.

Didn't Iwata say that there was more underway for Streetpass a while back, or am I imagining things?

He did. Dunno anything about what's upcoming though.

Animal Crossing NL has some pretty awesome use of Streetpass (trading houses, clothes designs, music, you name it!) though. Looking forward to that one! :D

Animal Crossing NL has some pretty awesome use of Streetpass (trading houses, clothes designs, music, you name it!) though. Looking forward to that one! :D

I was referring more to just stand-alone streetpass for which one doesn't need a game.

Fairly quickly?! Every time I start getting close, they go and release another one! I don't manage to get much hits on StreetPass either - it works better in Japan but over here I find not so well.

Going to have to get a new SD card. The one that was in my 3DS had started saying it was locked when it wasn't and then the tab fell off in my hand one of the times I was inserting and reinserting it. Tried the tap technique and it's still saying it's locked from time to time. Frustrating...sometimes the games appear but it fails to load them due to being locked. I tired another SD card in and out with no faults so it must be the card, even though I managed to transfer the card just fine onto my desktop.

Ah well it's an excuse to get a bigger card than the 4GB I'm currently using.

do you think nintendo will ever increase the streetpass limit? i got real sick of having to clear out street pass while at comic con, it would be nice to get 50 at a time rather than just 10

They might do, they did stop your Play Coins 'expiring' after a day or something in one of the updates, and quite honestly I only really started using them properly recently when I found that I had reached the 'limit' of 100 rather than only getting to use a couple at a time.

Just posted this in the bargain thread, just in case anyone doesn't look there, here it is again :)

Was in Game this morning and they're doing a pretty decent deal on the 3DS XL and a selection of the latest games.

For £219.99 you get either of:

• Fire Emblem Awakening Console
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Console

Then download codes for three of the following:

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

You'll then get an extra game free from the current "buy three, get one free" promotion that Nintendo are running (which all of the above games are part of), so it's essentially a 3DS with five digital games for 220 quid. Not bad at all.

Mandatory repost... :indeed:

Was in Game this morning and they're doing a pretty decent deal on the 3DS XL and a selection of the latest games.

For £219.99 you get either of:

• Fire Emblem Awakening Console
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Console

Then download codes for three of the following:

• Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

You'll then get an extra game free from the current "buy three, get one free" promotion that Nintendo are running (which all of the above games are part of), so it's essentially a 3DS with five digital games for 220 quid. Not bad at all.

That's a brilliant deal...

... if you don't mind owning most of your 3DS games digitally. :p

It's a good price anyway... well, reasonable... they have slapped an extra £20 on top of the RRP but as you get so many - digital - games with it, not too bad I suppose.

Just a thought... I hope they also bundle in at least an 8GB SD card, otherwise the deal is useless.

Still though how much is a 8 gb as card. Is still a great deal.

Of course it is, but it's more the principle of Game can easily afford to throw one in as part of the bundle...

... so long as they don't bump the price up by another £20 because of it. ;)

I'm so glad that I decided to invest in a 32GB card for mine, anything less would be unthinkable now, I could have gone with a 64GB card but I figured that would be overkill being that I only intend to download retail titles if they are free and decent, like in the recent deal.

8GB is around a fiver on Amazon, so not a big deal really. I was totally against digital copies until recently, preferring to have the physical copy/box, but this deal is a great chance to have a brilliant selection of games on your console at all times. You're really getting some of the best the 3DS has to offer. If you haven't got a 3DS, or are looking to upgrade to the XL, this is the perfect deal.

8GB is around a fiver on Amazon, so not a big deal really. I was totally against digital copies until recently, preferring to have the physical copy/box, but this deal is a great chance to have a brilliant selection of games on your console at all times. You're really getting some of the best the 3DS has to offer. If you haven't got a 3DS, or are looking to upgrade to the XL, this is the perfect deal.

Yes, it's definitely a fantastic deal... the only real reason I mention the SD card is the the 'average' consumer might not realise that the card which comes with the 3DS is very small so it was just from Game's point of view, the deal would look better if they threw in one of their 8GB cards, that's all. : peace:

Otherwise you could see people returning the console with the line 'the games don't work!' or something equally as silly, because they simply didn't have enough storage space, which they perhaps wouldn't have been aware of.

Then again, Game never miss a trick these days so they are probably trained to ask 'Would you like to buy a larger capacity SD card with your console?' upon purchase. :wink:

I have to say, GAME have been suprising me recently with how they have suddenly become 'better' than they normally are.

I have used them loads over the past month or 2 what with trade in's, buying digital, pre-ordering stuff etc.

They have had some cracking offers recently.

I like how they have got their trade in checker fixed on their website so that now nearly all games have a trade in price so you know what you can get without having to trudge into the store with bags of games :D

Their trade in prices are also really good for the most part. Add to that the deal they've recently been running where you get 25% extra on your trade in value by either just pre-ordering a game with them (which can be cancelled any time after!) or if you use the trade in for online purchases / vouchers / download codes. This has suited me recently through all of my eShop vouchers I have managed to get through getting extra on my trade ins with them!

I also like how we are seeing a reduction in donwload code prices compared to the eShop. A lot of the time we're seeing a full ten pound off the eShop prices which I think is great!

The deal above is a steal! Definitely very good value for money. And GAME continue to impress me too!

Just posted this in the bargain thread, just in case anyone doesn't look there, here it is again :)

And here's an update:

Its not quite as brilliant as this. You choose your hardware (with installed game), and then choose two games at point of sale. The fourth game is downloaded as part of the Too Many Games promotion. You get four not five games.

And here's an update:

Boo, that's not fair of Game to advertise a game given by Nintendo as one they're giving you!

How many normal consumers are going to understand when it says "3DS and 4 digital games" and they're only given codes for three, that they have to go and apply to Nintendo for the fourth? It might have been in the small print, I only saw it in passing, but still, cheeky of them.