N-Europe

3DS Console Discussion

Dante

Anyone notice that the zelda 3ds console screens are slightly duller than the original launch monel 3ds consoles?

I had the new red model side by side with my black one before I sold it and noticed the exact same thing.

The screen has a yellow tinge to it that is really noticeable next to an older 3ds.

My old black one was bright white, but the red 3ds had a yellow glare and looked very dull in comparison - both on full brightness.

I hope my new one doesn't have the same problem. :hmm:

Yes the yellow tinge is what have, i will have to send them back to zavvi for a replacement :(

Hmm, I hope they haven't made those screens standard in newer models otherwise they will all have it.

I was pretty shocked to see the screen difference - it's things like that, that really annoy me. :red:

I will let you know if mine is like that when it arrives tomorrow.

After me publicly slagging LAME off before, it would appear my 3DS has just arrived!!

IMG_1130.jpg[/img]

Will check the screen now and feedback. Hope its ok!

Ordered the black 3ds & Mario 3ds from Game. Should arrive tomorrow. Although Game did the Black 3DS + Mario bundle for £169.99 I ordered the black 3DS for £129.99 & the game for £32.99 which came to £162.99.

I also noticed the red 3DS + Mariokart bundle for £159.99 but if the red 3DS screen is tainted/duller then .......

Let us know how yours is Aneres 11 when you've finished playing with it.

Ordered the black 3ds & Mario 3ds from Game. Should arrive tomorrow. Although Game did the Black 3DS + Mario bundle for £169.99 I ordered the black 3DS for £129.99 & the game for £32.99 which came to £162.99.

I also noticed the red 3DS + Mariokart bundle for £159.99 but if the red 3DS screen is tainted/duller then .......

Let us know how yours is Aneres 11 when you've finished playing with it.

OK just opened it up and turned it on - screen no where near as dull as the red one I saw. I'm not sure if it is as bright as my original black one I sold a few months back but it looks perfectly fine to me.

However.

My console has a small piece of dust behind the screen and I can't get rid of it :shakehead:(

And it's all I can see.

Grr.

We're doing pictures? Good job I quickly snapped a few earlier!

IMAG0537.jpgIMAG0539.jpg

Haven't noticed any dead pixels or anything, but I've only had it on about ten minutes so far. I'll get a better look at it tomorrow. So far it seems like a quality little piece of kit. The Mii maker made a freakshow :laughing: so I quickly replicated my Wii one.

Level one of Mario 3DL was super. That tune was so grating in the trailers but playing it was just pure Mario fun. So vibrant. I wasn't getting as great a 3D vibe as I expected (I can see the difference between slider off and at full) so hopefully my eyes will adjust... or maybe its not just as pronounced as I expected.

Good times ahead. :awesome:

i might take a photo to show the screen, i have tested 2 different zelda 3ds consoles and both suffer from this, i guess nintendo made cut backs on the screen to lower the price? I have noticed tho no loose hindges or crappy dpads like the launch models sufferd from

Edited by yesteryeargames

IMAG0537.jpgIMAG0539.jpg

Haven't noticed any dead pixels or anything, but I've only had it on about ten minutes so far. I'll get a better look at it tomorrow. So far it seems like a quality little piece of kit. The Mii maker made a freakshow :laughing: so I quickly replicated my Wii one.

Level one of Mario 3DL was super. That tune was so grating in the trailers but playing it was just pure Mario fun. So vibrant. I wasn't getting as great a 3D vibe as I expected (I can see the difference between slider off and at full) so hopefully my eyes will adjust... or maybe its not just as pronounced as I expected.

It takes a while for your eyes to full adjust, though Mario is on the subtle side of things (also in Mario default is close to the screen, press down on the dpad and it sends everything further away). But there are moments in the game which are just incredible in 3D.

So what's the deal then. You got your 3DS NOW? Or you got to wait for xmas?

IMAG0537.jpgIMAG0539.jpg

How did I miss this? Enjoy it my friend.

I treated myself to it, you really think I can sit and not touch it til Christmas, @dazzybee? :p

How did I miss this? Enjoy it my friend.

Sorry, thought I'd sneak it up in here instead of derailing the MK thread any more! I've now had some play time on it since Thursday and have explored some of the features and what can I say... everything that was old is, shiny, 3D and new again! :yay:

Just noticed sales are nearly at 9 million units for the 3DS. Should surpass 10 million by the end of the year.

Not too shabby for a doomed console and "Virtual Boy 2", eh?

Why ruin a potentially half decent post with some utter crap like this at the end?

Half-arsed attempt at humour?

Just because some fanboys attacked the 3DS for jokes and acted like idiots doesn't mean it warrents a comment, especially as they were mainly idiots and kids in the first place.

The 3DS has had a very troubled year, with a slightly underwhelming launch mainly due to the games available, but it was always going to sort itself out once it got software out. Comments like that though seem a bit silly, almost as bad as the original 'doomed' comments. Maybe it's your way of always trying to be 'right' every single time but it's a bit unnecessary.

Just because some fanboys attacked the 3DS for jokes and acted like idiots doesn't mean it warrents a comment, especially as they were mainly idiots and kids in the first place.

The 3DS has had a very troubled year, with a slightly underwhelming launch mainly due to the games available, but it was always going to sort itself out once it got software out. Comments like that though seem a bit silly, almost as bad as the original 'doomed' comments. Maybe it's your way of always trying to be 'right' every single time but it's a bit unnecessary.

Lighten the fuck up.

Lighten the fuck up.

Erm, ok. The 3DS is the greatest console of all time, Nintendo ftw!

Anyway, after going out to buy Mario Kart 3DS yesterday, it turns out it's not compatible with my router :( Well, by that I mean my router at University. Hopefully over christmas it'll work with my settings at home. It's the first time I've never been able to connect online at all, absolutely gutted :(