NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Is Rayman 3DS not the DS version of Rayman Origins?

Rayman Origins would have looked awesome in 3D!

Alas, it's Rayman 2: The Great Escape

Yeah, lets get excited for a port of a game which was already released at the DS' launch :blank: Granted, it's a good game but it's just incredibly lazy to re-re-release it on the 3DS.

!

not to mention that the ds port was REALLY shit.

but with more power I'm sure they'll get it right this time.

not to mention that the ds port was REALLY shit.

but with more power I'm sure they'll get it right this time.

That and analogue control that doesn't rely on a touch screen.

Ooh well I've never played Rayman 2, I had the demo on the Dreamcast (that came with the official magazine, those were great!), but never bought the full game. Depeneding on what it looks and plays like, this might be the time.

You want coverage? It's coming up. Ashley essentially went straight back to uni, and I've had to deal with a long-ass expensive journey home, and sleep deprivation. :heh: Most of my notes are written up, articles should hopefully start appearing tonight/tomorrow.

"Essentially" went back to uni. Since I landed my sleep to uni ratio is 1:3 :heh:

Its my plan for the weekend though. That and Tangled.

Oh is that why you got tickets to another country Ashley?

Tangled looks great, which is surprising (to me) as a non-Pixar Disney movie.

Aaaand I've just realised the tickets to another country may have been Amsterdam...but...Tangled...isn't....out...here...yet...?

Oh is that why you got tickets to another country Ashley?

Tangled looks great, which is surprising (to me) as a non-Pixar Disney movie.

Aaaand I've just realised the tickets to another country may have been Amsterdam...but...Tangled...isn't....out...here...yet...?

I got train tickets to Birmingham for two weeks from now and a flight to Amsterdam on Wednesday...

And free preview screenings boi.

Rayman 3D is an "enhanced" port of the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2.

DID YOU SAY 'PORT' AND 'DREAMCAST' IN THE SAME SENTENCE?

Fuck I'm going to need a tissue.

From the press release:

Rayman® 3D: One of the most popular franchises of all time lands on Nintendo 3DS with an outstanding platform experience that will take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS specifications with impressive graphics, stunning 3D effects and full use of the Circle Pad. An adaptation of the acclaimed Rayman 2 original game on Dreamcast, Rayman 3D will feature major updates on key game play elements such as accessibility, progression and learning curve.

I don't like how it sounds like they're going to make it super easy.

3DS eStore will be ready on day one.

Contrary to speculation, the 3DS's digital download store and internet browser will be up and running from launch, Nintendo has confirmed.

A Wired report earlier this week claimed that the new handheld's eStore would not be ready on the day of release and would be added in later via a firmware update.

However, a spokesperson for Nintendo told Eurogamer today that although neither an internet browser nor the eStore would be included in the console's "initial firmware" they will be "updated on day one".

The eStore is where you'll be able to download DSiWare titles, retro Game Boy classics, game demos, trailers and new digital titles made exclusively for the 3DS.

Nintendo hasn't confirmed a full line-up for the portable's Virtual Console equivalent, however, screenshots indicate that Super Mario Land and Zelda: Link's Awakening will both be available at some point.

The Nintendo 3DS launches across Europe on 25th March.

I wonder if Zelda: Link's Awakening will be the DX version

I'm guessing by the look of that gameplay montage video Caris posted that it is.

Is that not the version they keep showing footage of? I thought super mario land and link's awkening were the 2 games demonstrated so it most likely WILL be the 3ds version.

3DS eStore will be ready on day one.[/url]

NOA says something else.

Here's some rather disconcerting news. Earlier today we heard that both the eShop and internet browser were going to be available as a firmware update day-one on 3DS launch. That comment came from a Nintendo UK rep. Take a look at what Nintendo of America has to say about it.

"Games and services offered by Nintendo can vary by region. Nintendo of America will release additional information about Nintendo eShop, including timing, content and pricing, at a later date." - Nintendo's Charlie Scibetta

Seriously, Nintendo need to sort out what the hell is launching with the system. The whole thing seems confused and rushed, with many of the PR people contradicting each other.

NOA says something else.

Seriously, Nintendo need to sort out what the hell is launching with the system. The whole thing seems confused and rushed, with many of the PR people contradicting each other.

On the plus side, there are roughly two months between now and the launch of the system. So, plenty of time for Nintendo to finalise things and let us know what is happening.

Although, I would prefer to know now. I've gotta say, seeing those boxes of the system the other day has made me want this, but I won't be able to afford eet.

It is indeed the DX version.

Yeah Super Mario Land is 3D from what I gather, I think many First Party Gameboy titles will be, whether other developers do so or not.

The Zelda: LA (DX) I played on Wednesday was no 3D and from what I recall hearing about SML that wasn't either.

I can't imagine any old school Game Boy games to be much good in 3D. Wow, if I tilt the 3DS I can see the background behind that pipe. They can spend their time more wisely.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/events_31044.html

UK 3DS Events

So far there are only four, with more announced soon:

5th-6th Feb: London, Manchester (open to Eurogamer, GAME and Club Nintendo members)

12th-13th Feb: Glasgow, Bristol (open to Future, HMV and Club Nintendo)

How does this work? Cause I want to go bristol, I subscribe to ONM, have HMV card, and been a Club Nintendo member for many years...wtf!

I'd be very surprised if GB games were in 3D, they'd make a bigger deal out of it, and it's unlikely anyway.

Yeah Super Mario Land is 3D from what I gather, I think many First Party Gameboy titles will be, whether other developers do so or not.

The Zelda: LA (DX) I played on Wednesday was no 3D and from what I recall hearing about SML that wasn't either.

I'd be very surprised if GB games were in 3D, they'd make a bigger deal out of it, and it's unlikely anyway.

This rounds winner is... Ashley! [insert Smash Bros victory fanfare here] The guy in the following interview says (and I paraphrase) that 3DS virtual console games will not be in 3D to preserve their original feel. Its at 1min 30.