NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

13.30 just to be safe, its only 20mins on train from Taunton but not knowing where it actully IS is abit concerning =/ so leaving time for trains and taxi =/ going to be alone so =/ scary times

and now the perfect excuse to by a FLIP camera to attempt to film it for you lot :)

20 mins from Taunton on the train can't be right, it's over 30 mins from Weston... which is closer... what kinda train are you going on?!

I would imagine it would be fairly close to temple meads station, easy access for people coming from further away. I can't actually remember what time I applied for... 11:30 I think (not sure though) :heh:

Regarding the price: Is it possible at all that Nintendo will drop the price of the 3DS to enable it to be more competitive against the PSP2?

It seems that you can already pre-order the system for around the 200 quid mark, so is it possible we could see any more reduced prices?

Regarding the price: Is it possible at all that Nintendo will drop the price of the 3DS to enable it to be more competitive against the PSP2?

It seems that you can already pre-order the system for around the 200 quid mark, so is it possible we could see any more reduced prices?

You gotta remember it's the retailers setting the price of the machine, not Nintendo.

Anythings possible!

But the PSP2 doesn't have a price yet does it?... I thought predictions were anywhere between £250 and £400!

I think £199.99 for the 3DS was a price most were prepared to pay, so I think it's an acceptable start, if not ideal.

Edited by Retro_Link

I have signed up for the Bristol event at 10:00 AM, hopefully it won't be too far from the train station.

I got invited via Club Nintendo, but both the events are pretty far away from me and I can't be bothered to drive to Bristol or Manchester just to play on the thing for a half hour.

I got invited via Club Nintendo, but both the events are pretty far away from me and I can't be bothered to drive to Bristol or Manchester just to play on the thing for a half hour.

Lucky, least you got an invite.

*checks inbox*

Aww :(

Game, but I'm regretting it. If I hadn't made a deposit there, I'd get it from Asda's website. If you enter "15OFF3DS" at the moment, you can get it for £202 (free postage), which is hard to resist.

It's £202 on Amazon too. Hoepfully they'll honour their next day Amazon Prime delivery and get their shit sorted for me.

DSi-3DS and 3DS-3DS transfers

Nintendo eShop will enable you to transfer Nintendo DSiWare you bought for your Nintendo DSi to your Nintendo 3DS.

We hoped that we would be able to provide you with this function at the launch. However, as it will be practicable through Nintendo eShop, we can't help asking you to wait for the release of Nintendo eShop after the first system update. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

In addition, to prepare for when consumers purchase a new Nintendo 3DS, we are planning to make it possible in the future for consumers to collectively transfer the software bought through Nintendo eShop on one Nintendo 3DS system to another Nintendo 3DS system even though the total number of transfers shall be limited.

This feature will be realized through a system update after the launch of Nintendo eShop.

Can we hurry up and do this to the Wii please? I really want to re-download my titles that I lost when my Wii bricked.

Can we hurry up and do this to the Wii please? I really want to re-download my titles that I lost when my Wii bricked.

If I could transfer all my Wii data across to another Wii, I'd be a bit happier! The noise my Wii is making actually stops me from putting it on at times, particularly at night when my family are trying to sleep :hmm:

You wouldn't think it would be that complicated..

3DS event Bristol meet?

I have only been on train to Bristol once so I duno, il be getting on a train as soon as its off-peak hours and be hanging around all day ........ il bring Mario Kart, tetris....or something lol

I wish they say whether or not DSiWare titles will be available to download on the eShop. I haven't got a DSi, and I know a lot of people don't, yet I'd love to download some of the games that are on there. So I'm hoping they make them available.

Hell, there's no reason for the eShop not to be there at launch if they made DSiWare games available to download because there would already be a back catalogue of games ready and available to download for those who didn't get a DSi but were interested.

You wouldn't think it would be that complicated..

They can transfer licences (they did so for me) - it's just that they don't want to in most circumstances.

First person to PM me can have my Bristol invite - I certainly can't go as I'm working that day!

If anyone has a Manchester one they don't want I'd really appreciate it if you could send it to me.

You gotta remember it's the retailers setting the price of the machine, not Nintendo.

D'oh, I did forget about that.

Hmm, I guess that we'll be seeing it around this mark, then? Its good that some people have managed to get their pre-orders for 199 or so. Thats a lot better than the initial price that we've seen.

D'oh, I did forget about that.

Hmm, I guess that we'll be seeing it around this mark, then? Its good that some people have managed to get their pre-orders for 199 or so. Thats a lot better than the initial price that we've seen.

Online seems to get now, retailing for around the £200 mark, aside from places like GAME with £219.99, but I wonder if the instore price is still going to be higher.

Those non online folk are gonna get screwed :heh:

Online seems to get now, retailing for around the £200 mark, aside from places like GAME with £219.99, but I wonder if the instore price is still going to be higher.

But then ordering a console online has its drawbacks, too. As was mentioned, what if you have a dead pixel. Also, I'd be dead nervous incase mine didn't arrive on time, or got broken or something.

I won't consider getting a 3DS until the price is more affordable for me. Which...will probably be a looong, long time.

Or, until we get a Metroid 3DS game. Then I'm sold.

Damn, I didn't realise that was an in store pre-order bonus!

You can film the whole ordeal using the 3DS' camera. Full depth perception and everything.

But then ordering a console online has its drawbacks, too. As was mentioned, what if you have a dead pixel. Also, I'd be dead nervous incase mine didn't arrive on time, or got broken or something.

I won't consider getting a 3DS until the price is more affordable for me. Which...will probably be a looong, long time.

Why i've ordered more than one so far, get it at midnight and if there's a dead pixel, pull the ol' switch a roo!

Man do I want a Metroid 3DS...

Yup! I aim to please!

harr harr made a funny!

Same here. I won't be getting the 3DS until Metroid 3DS or the 3DS 2, whatever comes first. Most likely the latter.

In store, GAME are sticking with the £229.99 price by the looks of things so yeah, getting a bit screwed over there. It's where I've pre-ordered but unless ASDA do the £202 price in store at launch and I can get to one at midnight, I'll have to pick up at GAME for the inflated price. And I don't see them dropping it which is annoying.