NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

You can film the whole ordeal using the 3DS' camera. Full depth perception and everything.

Ordeal? You're imagining it wrong! :heh:

It's all turned a bit pear-shaped, hasn't it, especially if we're not going to get Pilotwings? I've never seen such a bad launch day line-up compared to how good the forthcoming games are. No Zelda until after E3? Bah. I'm regretting the deposit.

Ordeal? You're imagining it wrong! :heh:

It's all turned a bit pear-shaped, hasn't it, especially if we're not going to get Pilotwings? I've never seen such a bad launch day line-up compared to how good the forthcoming games are. No Zelda until after E3? Bah. I'm regretting the deposit.

I've heard on the grapevine that Pilotwings IS a launch title here

You'll get over it when DQXI is announced though. :grin:

I'm more than happy with Nintendogs + Cats as my 3DS launch game, but I can also understand how that doesn't appeal to most people on here. :heh:

I'll probably be picking up Street Fighter 4 too (for a break from the N+C cuteness :laughing:), and obviously Pilotwings Resort (if it's available).

Good times! :bouncy:

Nintendogs is fine for me

heck I didnt get any games when the DS came out...till nintendogs in the october!

Just as well seeing as it's the only first-party launch title I genuinely want. :p

Just as well seeing as it's the only first-party launch title I genuinely want. :p

I will also be getting it and SF4.

Steel Diver could be a sleeper hit mind you.

I will also be getting it and SF4.

Steel Diver could be a sleeper hit mind you.

True... but I also think if that's the case then Steel Diver won't sell that well initially and will be sold off a few months down the line while Pilotwings will probably retain its retail-inflated price, so I'd rather get that in a 'deal' when I purchase the console on launch day. :)

I have signed up for the Manchester preview this Saturday - but didn't see any location on the form. Anyone know where the preview is?

Nintendogs is fine for me

heck I didnt get any games when the DS came out...till nintendogs in the october!

Hey, you also, I was just enjoying playing my GBA games on a bigger screen (I think my first DS game was Harvest Moon DS ) :D

And looking at it now, there are even more DS games I still need to get through atm. I can happily wait for later big gun games for the 3DS

You'll get over it when DQXI is announced though. :grin:

Lol don't upset Grazza even more :laughing:

Edited by killer kirby

Hey, you also, I was just enjoying playing my GBA games on a bigger screen (I think my first DS game was Harvest Moon DS ) :D

And looking at it now, there are even more DS games I still need to get through atm. I can happily wait for later big gun games for the 3DS

:( that game makes me sad.....was awefull

:( that game makes me sad.....was awefull

It was an ok game, felt very rushed and no where near as good as the harvest moon before it. But then Rune Factory came out and a better harvest moon so in the end I got what I wanted :wink:

It was an ok game, felt very rushed and no where near as good as the harvest moon before it. But then Rune Factory came out and a better harvest moon so in the end I got what I wanted :wink:

Rune Factory also makes me sad, I'm on the first cave, I dont have a clue what I am doing, seems to be a lack of teaching you how to play and explination, the libary system of teaching is abit pants and not always helpfull

Rune Factory also makes me sad, I'm on the first cave, I dont have a clue what I am doing, seems to be a lack of teaching you how to play and explination, the libary system of teaching is abit pants and not always helpfull

Really!? wow, I thought it was clear that the main objective was to get right down to the boss. Sorry to hear that. Because the moment your house is fully upgraded and you can start wielding...it's just non stop fun after that :D (Only negative is the cave you can only get to during winter)

Please please please be right

HMDS was great in my opinion. I recommend getting HM: Grand Bazaar if you like the "regular" games over Rune Factory. It's the HM game I have played the longest in terms of in game years.

Beat the baddies? There's not more to it than that really. A bit off topic but I'm soo excited to have RF3 soon :)

On topic, I doubt I will buy 3DS at launch, as far as I know there aren't any launch titles that interest me.

What grapevine? Without Pilotwings, the 3DS launch is a complete a shambles; they're completely ill-prepared for launch in my opinion. Why I have a pre-order is anyone guess.

What grapevine? Without Pilotwings, the 3DS launch is a complete a shambles; they're completely ill-prepared for launch in my opinion. Why I have a pre-order is anyone guess.

He could be referring to this..

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Only then it would be: I heard it THROUGH the grapevine

Exactly. I'm in no doubt that I want the system, I was just referring to launch day itself (which matters, because even if you only have to wait a week, that affects whether you get a bundle or not). Let's hope Pilotwings will be amongst the launch day games, but all I know is that shops aren't listing it at the moment.

Looks like I'll be taking a lot of 3D photos!

I STILL haven't preordered mine. The release day lineup is far too lacking and with a few DS titles on the horizon I may just sit and wait until Zelda arrives.

I've also heard a murmer that Pilotwings is a launch title. It's not that they're ill prepared, Nintendo have games already finished for the system and are deliberatly holding them back. They're making 3rd parties push the launch instead of dominating it themselves. This is set up so 3rd parties will find more success on the console. I'm willing to be a lot of folk will be picking up SF IV now.

Exactly. I'm in no doubt that I want the system, I was just referring to launch day itself (which matters, because even if you only have to wait a week, that affects whether you get a bundle or not). Let's hope Pilotwings will be amongst the launch day games, but all I know is that shops aren't listing it at the moment.

Looks like I'll be taking a lot of 3D photos!

I'm assuming i'm blocked, but i'll say it again to both here. There is no launch line up so far because 1) There isn't an official launch list out, which is expected to be soon 2)Nintendo and i've heard SEGA also, are both holding back on their launch title/window announcements.

Only titles we know 100% that is a launch title is ones that 3rd parties are stating themselves, which I know so far is SF IV, not really looked into the others. There's as much evidence so far that Nintendogs is a launch title as Pilotwings so far. We just don't know.

Only titles we know 100% that is a launch title is ones that 3rd parties are stating themselves, which I know so far is SF IV, not really looked into the others. There's as much evidence so far that Nintendogs is a launch title as Pilotwings so far. We just don't know.

SEGA confirmed Monkey Ball as a release title. It does seem a bit unprepared, I would have expected the E-shop to be up on day 1. The Internet browser and DSiWare title transfer apaprently won't be ready either, although the transfer won't be avaialble due to te E-shop not being ready.

Also, I'm surprised there's no Pictochat. I suppose they could add that later though.

Ofc they're unprepared guys they need to get it out before the end of the fiscal year. Their profits are down 75% through the last quarter, nothing like pleasing your shareholders by releasing a console which'll easily sell out.

Ofc they're unprepared guys they need to get it out before the end of the fiscal year. Their profits are down 75% through the last quarter, nothing like pleasing your shareholders by releasing a console which'll easily sell out.

To be fair, the bulk of the reason profits are down is because their research and development costs were higher BECAUSE of the 3DS. The rest due to slightly lower sales (still kicking everone else's ass) and the exchange rates.