NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Wait.....so no Gameboy Advance on the VC? I just bought Harvest Moon GBA off amazon, after recieving one broken with static, then a fake one, and now I have a working one for now, I really would like to think there would be a chance of it being on VC so it wont ever brake :(

In case you didnt know Harvest moon gba breaks after a few years, something to do with static, theres no ingame battry.

HUH!? wait wat I...I...don't know what to say. I hope my harvest moon file is safe >_< almost the biggest amount of time was on that game. I almost had EVERYTHING on that game.

Just checked mine, it still has everything on it!!! xD even the A wonderful life extra's xD

EDIT: And about the friends code soooooooo happy. Truth is I don't mind the friends code itself, it's just the per game that annoyed me. I can easily think of it like a phone number now. Plus it means you can name your friends whatever rather then finding a name no one is using.

Edited by killer kirby

They're not Valve. They've just left the stone age of internet use and take every cent they can get or save in development / maintenance cost over the convenience of their users. :blank:
If they wanted to be cool.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with the single friend code thing and the decent see who's online malarkey. :smile:

At least they've left the stone age of internet use now. :heh:

EDIT: And about the friends code soooooooo happy. Truth is I don't mind the friends code itself, it's just the per game that annoyed me. I can easily think of it like a phone number now. Plus it means you can name your friends whatever rather then finding a name no one is using.

Yup. I can be "Cube" and not "Cube1701". Steam has the best method, though - a registered username and a visible name.

Friend code, being that it's just one, works just like a regular username/gamertag/whatever.

And I really hope we get SNES somewhere down the line,can't wait to officially rock me some Secret Of Mana/Metroid on the DS.

As an "early" adopter (will get it as soon as either Kid Icarus/Zelda/MGS3 comes out... or maybe at launch if Chaos Theory proves to be as good as I thought it was 5 years ago.)

If they wanted to be cool.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with the single friend code thing and the decent see who's online malarkey. :smile:

At least they've left the stone age of internet use now. :heh:

Let's hope they use the cash they're going to make of a 250€ gaming handheld to skip the bronze age. ;)

Codes to identify people online are alright in themselves. "Burny" seems to be a rather common nickname, so people like me don't have to resort to means like leetspeak. :p

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is, that their press release makes it sound as if the code is tied to the 3DS system itself. Not sure if that's the case, but if it is, they haven't gotten the online system quite right yet. What would be with people who buy every revision of the hardware? Do they have to communicate a new friend code to all the people in their friendlist? Same when the 3DS breaks.

Edited by Burny

Wait.....so no Gameboy Advance on the VC? I just bought Harvest Moon GBA off amazon, after recieving one broken with static, then a fake one, and now I have a working one for now, I really would like to think there would be a chance of it being on VC so it wont ever brake :(

In case you didnt know Harvest moon gba breaks after a few years, something to do with static, theres no ingame battry.

Just checked and mine still works perfectly, even though it's been sat in a drawer for about 5 years (probably longer - when did the game actually come out)!

Just checked and mine still works perfectly, even though it's been sat in a drawer for about 5 years (probably longer - when did the game actually come out)!

You just gotta serch 'harvest moon gba save failed' cause thats what I did when the one I recieved said 'save failed' everytime I went to the diary :(

Very happy to hear everyones is still working, wouldnt wish a Harvest Moon fail on anyone :( its brootal

Had a trip into Gamestation earlier and saw something interesting. They had a list of launch games for the 3DS in the UK, and presumably applying to Europe as a whole. I took a picture, although it's pretty poor quality, and I'll post it later but for those interested in what was on the list, it's below:

Nintendogs + Cats (all three versions)

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars

Super Monkey Ball 3D

Rayman 3D

Tom Clancey's Splinter Cell 3D

Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D

Asphalt 3d

Tom Clancey's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D

That's all they were listing as launch titles, with no Pilotwings Resort or Steel Diver listed which have been rumoured to be launch titles. Similarly, it's missing the likes of Ridge Racer 3D, Madden NFL and Dead or Alive: Dimensions which should all be launch titles as they are in the US. ::shrug:

Who knows. That's what Gamestation are saying at the moment. We won't have too long to wait until we know officially what is coming.

Also, for those interested, apparently the 3DS has a trade price (i.e. the price which stores buy in the hardware at) of £173. Think of that what you will.

For the Wii, didn't the shops make as little as 10% from each console (I may just be imagining that)? Seems like they want a lot more this time round.

Just saw the software trailer thing. Should be interesting to see how they implement the 3D ideal from just moving it to see the 3D action to it actually being useful. Because those games shown look like they'd work fine on a normal DS.

And Harvest Moon on the SNES was the best one.

EDIT: That dude can't play Link's Awakening for shit.

For the Wii, didn't the shops make as little as 10% from each console (I may just be imagining that)? Seems like they want a lot more this time round.

times are much much much harder...

On another forum I go to, someone posted this;

ouch. Game and Gamestation are terrible.

in store price is £239.99. They said RRP is £250 and I quote 'We (Game) can charge whatever we want for it because we can.'

I... can't actually believe that if it's true.

Good going NoE. This could've been somewhat prevented, but noooooooo.

A few friends of mine got told £229 at their game shops so it's likely this guy is exaggerating or has been had.

This is a real mess. The whole hypetrain in Europe has been derailled because of this

No kidding, it's put so many folk off now and shocked folk. And the launch line up isn't that great. Really want to get the full official launch list and release dates for April.

It's just being handled so badly.

It's £229 at Game, or at least the one I went to, which also had the same launch titles listed above. If true, that would be a truly pathetic launch line-up.

They have these fantastic games for the 3DS, none of which are available at launch. OOT or Pilotwings at least, come on nintendo.

With the 3DS trade price at £173, they're making a 33% markup at having it £229.99 (If you're calculating to check my work, don't forget the tax on the profit which is what takes it to £229.99)

I think that Nintendo intended for retailers to take the 10% markup which would have taken it to just above £190, and round it to £199.99 but alas

It's £229 at Game, or at least the one I went to, which also had the same launch titles listed above. If true, that would be a truly pathetic launch line-up.

They have these fantastic games for the 3DS, none of which are available at launch. OOT or Pilotwings at least, come on nintendo.

You need to remember their new strategy. They're staggering the releases rather than all at once and then nothing for a couple of months. I'm not a fan of it either but still

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

To be fair, nothing really suggested that OoT was going to be a laucnh title, many people, including myself just assumed it would be.

I was really expecting PilotWings and/or SteelDiver at launch. But GAME/GameStation are part of the same company anyway, so it's likely they would be the same. GamePlay might follow on.

There isn't one title I actually want. If I did get a 3DS at launch, i'd only really get SFIV cause it look the best of the lot and most features included. But that's more for the sake of it.

Don't really want to get Monkey Ball or Rayman either (which is only ones i'd get from the rest being more 'proper' games)

So give us an April release list soon -.-

Where is this list? I thought Pilotwings and Steel Diver were launch titles.

Where is this list? I thought Pilotwings and Steel Diver were launch titles.

Seems they're Launch Window titles so we'll see them in one of the releases in April or May

Well as long as Nintendogs + Cats is a launch title I'll have something to play.

You need to remember their new strategy. They're staggering the releases rather than all at once and then nothing for a couple of months. I'm not a fan of it either but still

Fine stagger the releases, but at least give us ONE major title at launch. Pilotwings, Resi evil, Mario Kart, Paper MArio, Ocarina, Kid Icarus, Starfox etc etc

To be fair, nothing really suggested that OoT was going to be a laucnh title, many people, including myself just assumed it would be.

I assumed it would be in the same way that Mario 64 was a DS launch title.

Fine stagger the releases, but at least give us ONE major title at launch. Pilotwings, Resi evil, Mario Kart, Paper MArio, Ocarina, Kid Icarus, Starfox etc etc

I assumed it would be in the same way that Mario 64 was a DS launch title.

Nintendogs originally sold around 20 million units. To Nintendo, that's a major title