NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

1400 GMT. I have Wednesday off...!

Right I'm actually going to plan revision around this....

Most likely hit the library at 10, revise til 2, watch this in the computer bit with some lunch and then bust out some more equations and shit. Sorted.

Looks like I'm going to be running faster than the speed of sound to the library after my Japanese Language seminar.. BRING IT OOON

Should make it home just in time for the event. Always been impressed by Nintendo's video quality of the stream, does anyone know if it'll work off the PS3, or am I best off hooking the laptop to the TV? Like others, this event will probably decide whether to go for a 3DS at launch, or to hold out.

I'm rehearsing so day. Dammit. Dakota, will you update me with texts?

I can, yeah... I'm having amusing thoughts of you suddenly dancing around during rehearsals when Super Mario 3DS Bells and Whistles is announced!

I seriously urge everyone who will watch the livestream to also join the N-europe chatroom.

It'll be great pre-E3 fun :D

and we can freak out whilst watching...:yay:

(get your cum buckets out)

Edited by Fused King

I seriously urge everyone who will watch the livestream to also join the N-europe chatroom.

It'll be great pre-E3 fun :D

and we can freak out whilst watching...:yay:

I PROMISE NOTHING!!!

Nah i'll be there joining the 3DS orgy... Screaming "OMFG!!"

But really, i'll be there and join in some banter while not posting news.

I'll be at work. Which means that I'll have to rely on the chatroom/forum for my news.

Awww man, my exam starts at half two =/. I'll drift off and keep thinking about it when I'm meant to be writing. At least it's an exam I feel relatively confident about .

I dont think the region lock is a big deal. Well for me anyway, I dont import games (although eyeing up Stitch Jam! cause it never showed up here) but I can see why it has upset people.

But theres been region lock on home consoles for years....and as much as I dont condone piracy/emulation I reckon someone will bring out a freeloader type device to overcome this.

I'mma play this tomorrow.

Anything you want me to try and find out?

I dont think the region lock is a big deal. Well for me anyway, I dont import games

A very black and white view on things I'd say. Im not MAD into importing games either but you have to think about the negative effect it will have overall.

Gamers will be more sympathetic to piracy for one and more will be forced to pirate. Leading to worse sales for games, leading to less games.

This mainly effects a small percentage of gamers but it's a very stupid decision.

“Nintendo 3DS hardware is available in three versions: Japanese, American and European/Australian. Nintendo has developed different versions of Nintendo 3DS hardware to take into account different languages, age rating requirements and parental control functionality as well as to ensure compliance with local laws in each region. Nintendo 3DS also offers network services specifically tailored for each region. Additionally we want to ensure the best possible gaming experience for our users and there is the possibility that Nintendo 3DS software sold in one region will not function properly when running on Nintendo 3DS hardware sold in another. Guidance will appear on every packaging of Nintendo 3DS hardware and the accompanying software. If you are in doubt, Nintendo recommends that you only purchase Nintendo 3DS software in the region where purchased your Nintendo 3DS system.” - Nintendo rep

there you go.

So far it looks like the date is the 25th March for EU going by a memo ASDA got.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is that late. Last Friday of the month and all :|

Virtual Console, gameboy games that are being shown/hinted at/etc please :)

Do you think you'll have the opportunity to ask someone official a couple of questions or will you just be playing? Otherwise just have fun. ;)

where is canand? he hasnt posted since mid december.

without his posts, i feel totally underwhelmed by all of this.

He'll be back next week to give us all the news from E3 2009.

Do you think you'll have the opportunity to ask someone official a couple of questions or will you just be playing? Otherwise just have fun. ;)

David Yarnton (Yanton?) is there but I think all the 'big boys' got their requests in first :(

Will hopefully be developers around that may know stuff. I'll just keep pestering everyone and slipping them my sexy new business card designed by Eenuh.

I really hope somthing Pokemon is happening for the 3DS...personally think Snap should be remade cause it was so short and they could do so much more with it now....