NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I have a sneaky suspicion that it'll tip the £200 mark, perhaps £209.99. But not a vanilla SKU, something bundled with it - a demo cart of a handful of games, or downloadable games etc. That would very much mirror what Nintendo have done with the DS (First Hunt) and Wii (Sports).

Yeah, £209.99 with free downloadable/cart demos.

I'm torn between watching the NoA event or the NoE event.

Wossy or Reggie?

I've yet to be able to find a stream for the US one

I've yet to be able to find a stream for the US one

Gamespot says they are showing the Nintendo 3DS event at....5:50 this morning???

Edit: actually that might just be a recap of some sorts. Not the actual conference..

NoE it is.

Going to be watching the stream for the EU one, and keeping my eye on live blogs for the US :) Gotta keep an eye on both for the site

Yeah, the US event is blog only for some reason. Would have thought that if NoE were live streaming, NoA would do it also but apparently not. It is slightly strange that NoE is live streaming as it's not like them to do that sort of thing.

Anyway, should be an interesting hour or so. Obviously, there'll be loads of 3DS stuff, but there'll be some DS and Wii stuff thrown in hopefully (even if it's only release schedules for those consoles).

Sat in a lovely hotel room in Amsterdam right now. LIKE A BOSS.

Oh aye, ordered some rooom service, have we? ;)

I have a sneaky suspicion that it'll tip the £200 mark, perhaps £209.99. But not a vanilla SKU, something bundled with it - a demo cart of a handful of games, or downloadable games etc. That would very much mirror what Nintendo have done with the DS (First Hunt) and Wii (Sports).

Yeah, £209.99 with free downloadable/cart demos.

Yes I agree... The Japanese one does come bundled with a few bits and bobs...

I'm at work this afternoon but gonna try and sneak a look at the event as and when I can...

I won't be getting it straight away due to likely high point but doesn't stop me being excited to see whats in the pipeline...

I'll be checking this out on guyPhone on my adventures later on. Hopefully it will generate some surprises and much needed enthusiasm for the launch. I'm still really meh about it, so please wow me Nintendo. You've done it before, you can do it again.

I've racked my brains for a way of being able to link this to Year 5 curriculum, so I can watch it live this afternoon with my class, but alas, I think I'm going to have to teach Geography as usual, and catch up at half three. ;)

"A study into worldwide businesses and the distribution of products across multiple regions."

Last minute reports (should be pretty solid but look out for confirmation)

- Cosmos Black and Aqua Blue units for launch

- Pro Evo 3DS to be a Euro launch title.

I'll be checking this out on guyPhone on my adventures later on. Hopefully it will generate some surprises and much needed enthusiasm for the launch. I'm still really meh about it, so please wow me Nintendo. You've done it before, you can do it again.

You're way too positive and optimistic. I want old guy back!

D_prOdigy, please come to the chatroom. :kiss:

Some of us actually have to work on reporting this stuff. The guys who are currently jet-lagged in a hooker den have it easy.

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but where's the best link to keep an eye on the NOA updates?

I'll be in the chat room about half an hour. But won't be doing terribly much. We got news to do!

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but where's the best link to keep an eye on the NOA updates?

Kotaku have a liveblog. There may well be better ones on other US sites, but they were the first to come into my head.

I won't be joining in the chat. Not because I don't want to but because I've been roped in to cover the event as everyone else at the site which I right for is at work or in bed (one Australian contributor).

So I'll be multitasking trying to cover both the US and European events. Got so many windows open on this screen just to cover everything live and post stuff as well as having press sites open for access immediately after the event finishes.

I'm willing to bet my damn laptop crashes just before they start to announce release dates and prices :laughing: