NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Hey guys. Been around N-Europe for ages but have just joined the forums and want to contribute some worthy news.

Ever Street Pass you now get 6 hits!!! not 1. This was announced in the NoA's Direct (but not NOE).

However I've just gone by a local hotspot 3DS glowing Green and i've received 6 hits. Woo Pink piece's here I come :)

I thought they were saying the relay points stored 6 not 1. That's all it is. Still good though

I thought they were saying the relay points stored 6 not 1. That's all it is. Still good though

Yeah, it's the relay points that store the latest 6 Passes and distribute the 6 to your 3DS, didn't know this was available in Europe though.

I doubt many will agree, but I am disappointed if those relays are now giving out 6 StreetPasses each. Walking past just 2 will completely fill the plaza queue, preventing any legitimate StreetPasses from taking place. It completely undermines the entire concept of StreetPass.

I doubt many will agree, but I am disappointed if those relays are now giving out 6 StreetPasses each. Walking past just 2 will completely fill the plaza queue, preventing any legitimate StreetPasses from taking place. It completely undermines the entire concept of StreetPass.

Nintendo should just update the plaza, increase the queue limit to say... 32? Problem solved! :)

Of course we all know this is what they should do but... ;)

Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of the new relay either. They need to expand the maximum possible at one time or allow people to not use the relay system if they want to continue traditionally.

As long as they give people the option, that's fine, but please remember StreetPass Relay is absolutely brilliant for those of us who have trouble getting StreetPasses. I got 7 the other day and that was fantastic. There are so many Puzzle Pieces to collect now, and furniture in Animal Crossing, I'd hate to go back to the Bad Old Days of going out and coming home without StreetPasses.

Seems like the Luigi XL is exclusive to the Nintendo Store going by their recent tweet:

Celebrate the #YearofLuigi with the LUIGI SPECIAL EDITION Nintendo #3DSXL, only on the Nintendo UK Online Store: ow.ly/pPJob

Don't think they've said anything about the Zelda one.

Unless that Weegee one is green when opened - I'm out.

Also, wasn't someone asking a while back (and more than once) whether anyone thought Ninty would release a Zelda themed XL? Wlel here it is!

It looks good, but I don't think I'm crazy about that gold when it's open...

Well my 3DS is on its why to Nintendo Repair centre to get its R button fixed for the 3rd time :heh:

Hopefully I get it back in a reasonable time and well in advance of Link Between Worlds releasing

Well my 3DS is on its why to Nintendo Repair centre to get its R button fixed for the 3rd time :heh:

Hopefully I get it back in a reasonable time and well in advance of Link Between Worlds releasing

Are they doing it for free?

My 3DS XL has a massive scratch across the top screen, but I just can't bring myself to buy another. Waiting for that magical console to show up - maybe Nintendo/Capcom will take pity and release the black Monster Hunter 4 system over here...

My 3DS XL has a massive scratch across the top screen, but I just can't bring myself to buy another. Waiting for that magical console to show up - maybe Nintendo/Capcom will take pity and release the black Monster Hunter 4 system over here...

This one?!

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-xl-console-black/1302969523.prd?numProducts=42

Obviously not the Monster Hunter bundle - but it's the same console. I've had this in and out of my basket so many times! It's the nicest XL model in my opinion. The all black looks really nice. I just don't know whether to go for this or the Zelda or Luigi one. :hmm:

I'm gonna replace my Peach 3ds as I fear it's getting a bit worn and I'd like to try and keep it in the best condition possible. I wasn't initially bothered about wear and tear, but now I'm seeing the odd mark and it's stressing me out haha.

The all black one is probably the only XL model I really like.

This one?!

http://www.very.co.uk/nintendo-3ds-xl-console-black/1302969523.prd?numProducts=42

Obviously not the Monster Hunter bundle - but it's the same console. I've had this in and out of my basket so many times! It's the nicest XL model in my opinion. The all black looks really nice. I just don't know whether to go for this or the Zelda or Luigi one. :hmm:

I'm gonna replace my Peach 3ds as I fear it's getting a bit worn and I'd like to try and keep it in the best condition possible. I wasn't initially bothered about wear and tear, but now I'm seeing the odd mark and it's stressing me out haha.

The all black one is probably the only XL model I really like.

Ahh, yeah. The black one is really great. I have the silver launch one currently.

I meant this bad boy here. Absolutely beautiful.

mh4_3ds_01_thumb.jpg

I'd also instantly drop cash on this:

charizard.jpg

@Guy - ahhh I see! Yeah that is very tasty!

And I 100% agree that Charizard one is amazing. Shame we haven't seen a European release!

What are the chances of a new handheld coming out in the next year or so? Desperately want that gold Zelda XL but I do already have a red 3DS that I barely touch as it is, would be a double kick in the teeth if there's an even better handheld out in the near future.

(nobody dare say "2DS" at me)

What are the chances of a new handheld coming out in the next year or so? Desperately want that gold Zelda XL but I do already have a red 3DS that I barely touch as it is, would be a double kick in the teeth if there's an even better handheld out in the near future.

(nobody dare say "2DS" at me)

From who, Microsoft?

It'll be late 2015-16 before we see the next Nintendo & Sony handheld.

Edited by lostmario

From who, Microsoft?

It'll be late 2015-16 before we see the next Nintendo & Sony handheld.

Haha, no. I've been half expecting a 3DS+ or something since the XL came out, with a second analogue stick and better screen resolution. Maybe this is it now, and they'll save those features for the next generation of handheld.

Haha, no. I've been half expecting a 3DS+ or something since the XL came out, with a second analogue stick and better screen resolution. Maybe this is it now, and they'll save those features for the next generation of handheld.

I can only see one likely option going forward which would be a model that drops the cartridge bay altogether. Maybe with this and improvements in chipset fabrication then they might be able to rearrange a few things, improving the spacing of the design.

In short, the kind of stuff that I'd expect them to be doing for the next generation of handhelds anyway.

Too late to raise the screen resolution sadly. Any updated model would probably be minor upgrades like a better camera, thinner body, better battery life etc. But can't see it happen for at least a year since they just brought out the 2DS.

Just got an email from Nintendo.... they have received my 3DS.... now we wait.... *waits*

Are they doing it for free?

They should do, it still under warranty form the last repair.

I didn't call them to set up the repair, I just set it up through the website.