Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

F1 2010 from Codemasters

gaggle64

Game hates me, 1st race in Bahrain I was 14th, in the lotus, then got a penalty for dangerous driving because Sutil drove into the side of me, when I had nowhere to move. Next race in Australia (In the rain) I was 13th then got a puncture which sent me across the gravel on the next corner. Made it back to the pits came out in 22nd got half way round the lap and got another puncture. Threw myself into the wall in disgust so I retired :mad:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought this a little earlier (settled on the 360 version) and gave it a little spin. Enjoyable so far. Yeah... shame the cars don't seem to want to go forward and would rather do 180s. Really beginning to annoy me. I know you have to gently build up on the accelerator rather than slam it down but when going through corners, even if I step off of the brake and slowly push on the accelerator while keeping my line the damn car just spins.

As a result of that, I've so far only managed to stomach finishing one race in the Grand Prix mode, and even then I came last after spinning out after I'd been making good progress.

Anyway, been a while since I've played a racing game, let alone this kind of racer so I'm still trying to get used to it. Really want to get the achievement for going at 220mph but for the life of me, I can't see where I can do it. Tried it in China on the long straight and I can get to 207/208 before I hit the breaking point.

It's not hard provided you don't go straight in with no assists, there are difficulty settings you see . I'm just gradually taking assists off and changing a setting or 2 each race weekend, my biggest challenge is going to be manual gearbox. I won't deny I've restarted a few races after some bullshit fucked me over, it's hard to start mid pack in a Lotus but I managed to win again in Malaysia, however Trulli my team mate got 4th, I don't believe he even pitted the cheat. :P

Edited by Emerald Emblem

It's not hard provided you don't go straight in with no assists, there are difficulty settings you see . I'm just gradually taking assists off and changing a setting or 2 each race weekend, my biggest challenge is going to be manual gearbox. I won't deny I've restarted a few races after some bullshit fucked me over, it's hard to start mid pack in a Lotus but I managed to win again in Malaysia, however Trulli my team mate got 4th, I don't believe he even pitted the cheat. :P

I seem to have done the bolded bit when I first turned on. Chose Medium as the difficulty setting and turned off all driver assists so that might explain why it felt as though I was thrown well in the deep end. Have reset everything and now feeling more comfortable, having just posted the fastest time in Q1 in Bahrain on my season mode, although the other Toro Rosso driver who isn't Buemi certainly made an effort to screw up my laps. The cars doing their outlaps don't seem to recognise cars doing flying laps coming up behind them.

Really want to get the achievement for going at 220mph but for the life of me, I can't see where I can do it. Tried it in China on the long straight and I can get to 207/208 before I hit the breaking point.
Monza should be the place to do it because you should carry a lot of speed on to the back straight anyway.

Can't wait to buy this!

Ah yes, forgot about Monza. Will try that tomorrow.

Won my first race in career mode. Qualified on pole but it wasn't a simple race by any means. Settled on 20% race distance for Bahrain, which is 10 laps and enough as I see it to begin with, but did a 360 spin on the first lap, losing 1st to Alonso in the process. Got 1st back with a cracking move up the inside on the first corner only to spin in the same area again, this time dropping to 5th. Manage to work my way back to the front and spin out twice on the second to last corner on two separate laps but managed to stay ahead of the pack. :D

Good fun now that I'm getting the hang of it. Found it strange that the game kept telling me to go in for a pit stop for the remaining 4 laps of the race even though I pitted and changed before they started telling me. Kudos to Codemasters though as when I did pit and put on new tyres, the improvement in grip was really noticable.

Man, what a terrible qualifying session I've just endured, rain struck in Quali 1, I got 1st place and thought I could sit back and easily qualify but how wrong I was. I ended up dropping down to 20th and still had a 5 place grid penalty to serve, starting from the back in an automatic Lotus is a nightmare I can tell you. But by staying out as long as possible on primes and some great overtaking manoeuvres (at the first set of corners gaining 6 places) I recovered to finish 5th and had gotten right on the tail of Rosberg, just 1 more lap and I would have had him. My lead in the Drivers Championship is halved and a Red Bull 1-2 pushed us down to second in the constructors. This is simply the best F1 game of all time.

I thought in the development videos they kept saying the challenge of choosing Lotus et. al. was to pretty much beat your team mate and maybe one day fight your way up to score a point.

I'm surprised the game lets you finish as high as fifth.

Edited by Retro_Link

I thought in the development videos they kept saying the challenge of choosing Lotus et. al. was to pretty much beat your team mate and maybe one day fight your way up to score a point.

It will on the Normal difficulty with some of the assists on.

Im currently doing full weekends, spending FP1 learning the track with the driving line on and then moving onto FP2 without the driving line and TC set to medium. Thoroughly loving the game, it is brilliant :D Prefer it to Forza in some repsects, apart from the rewind option which works better in Forza. Also the engineers voice is kinda annoying...

Second sector of Malaysia is fucking quality, love it.

Believe me though, when tyre management is turned on that is pretty much the best I could do. I just decided you know, I started out in a winning position, in the name of consistency I'm gonna keep in that general area.

It will on the Normal difficulty with some of the assists on.

I've upped the AI to Expert and gotten that result.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Ok this game has left me furious. Its great with friends online but the actual single player itself is completely glitched and fucked up.

There is NO AI. I started a race second and did a 1minute 34 lap, whilst Webber infront of me did a 1 minute 30 and yet was only a second up the road. Meanwhile Petrov started 4 and his first lap was a 1:28, yet he was clearly behind me. Wtf.

The cars are basically just aimlessly driving around the track, effectively not racing at all, and just act as barriers/obstacles whilst their 'lap times' pop up. The lead designer confirmed already that the qualifying times the AI set are just made up and not representitive of what the cars actually go out and do on track, and it looks like the same applies to the race.

Also i've had 3 punctures for no apparent reason. Just driving up Eau Rouge on a new set of options and BAM i'm in the wall. Fuck? The most annoying glitch i've come across however was yesterday I actually won the race (with Petrov and Webber behind me) yet the game gave the win to Petrov, even though i could see him in my mirrors :/

I'm furious they actually let this get released, because judging by the GAF reactions it's clearly a rushed game that needed another year in development.

Edit: That's it. I've had enough. I can't take being beaten by Petrov again even though he is BEHIND ME WHEN I CROSS THE FUCKING LINE.

Edited by Goron_3

Not had anything like that myself Goron. Although I did have a very strange occurrence just now when playing. So, was doing well in practise 1 and 3 on Malaysia, but the rain screwed up practise 2 but that's fine. Qualified on pole easily yet when it came to the race, 6 cars launched off of the line and passed me straight away yet in the previous two races, none of the cars (Mclarens, Red Bulls or Ferraris) were anywhere near as quick as they were here. Literally, I'd come out of the hairpin behind Hamilton and he'd then launch off and by the time I'd gone halfway down the straight, he'd already be in/through the first corner.

What the hell. There's no plausible explanation for it because, as far as I'm aware, the F-ducts aren't incorporated into the game and even with R&D developments throughout the season, there's no way they can go from being slower than me to being well over 5 seconds a lap faster than me.

Rather annoyed but thanks to Webber 'crashing' out (none of the cars retire when they crash out which isn't as realistic as I was hoping for), I managed to hold on for second and increased my lead in the Driver's to 27 points, and took back the lead in the Constructors by 9 points (Trulli isn't exactly helping to gain points so I know I'll not win this title).

(Trulli isn't exactly helping to gain points so I know I'll not win this title).

And Trulli got 4th place in Australia in mine, because he didn't do his compulsory pit stop. I've not really noticed any glitches on my game either apart from that and the fact the pit stop release AI is bad, I'd come in front of Petrov only to be held up while he exits before me.

I'm just not sure about this, it plays nicely but everything seems so sparse and empty. I like all the extras around the racing but I'm just not sure if its that great as a whole. I almost think F1 2006 was better...

Anyway, I might try a bit of online, my PSN ID is wiill if anyone fancies a game.

I'm just not sure about this' date=' it plays nicely but everything seems so sparse and empty. I like all the extras around the racing but I'm just not sure if its that great as a whole. I almost think F1 2006 was better...

Anyway, I might try a bit of online, my PSN ID is wiill if anyone fancies a game.[/quote']

I agree, it's a bit empty offline and has lots of issues that needs addressing, which I hope they are in a firmware update.

Online though... Well that's just awesome!

Started my career anew, this time in Virgin, put the tyre management on, sure makes it more challenging, So much so I only just scraped into Q3, could only manage 7th in the race. Also did the race first person so it's even more of a challenge.

People complain the game feels empty? I don't quite understand? You mean during the race or what?

People complain the game feels empty? I don't quite understand? You mean during the race or what?

During any sessions really, it just feels like nothing is going on around you. If you and the 23 cars weren't there then the tracks would be ghost towns.

I do like it though, tried a bit of online and enjoyed it, I'm not very good yet though. I find using a controller you have to have at least traction control on or I just can't do anything. Looking forward to getting a proper wheel setup.

And Trulli got 4th place in Australia in mine, because he didn't do his compulsory pit stop. I've not really noticed any glitches on my game either apart from that and the fact the pit stop release AI is bad, I'd come in front of Petrov only to be held up while he exits before me.

Here's your reason...

Heard about the pit glitches?

What happens is the AI comes in on the same lap (20%), and the pit crew aren't aggresive enough to let them go, so whoever is at the front of the pits, pretty much comes out last!

Message on the Codemasters forum from the F1 2010 Chief Games Designer -

Many thanks for the rapid feedback on this. We really appreciate the details and, now that the team are returning from their short holiday, have started an immediate investigation into the cause. Just to clarify that this is most likely a bug with the pit stop release system being overly cautious, which is compounded by the limited pit stop strategy window in short race distances, rather than any form of intentional rubberbanding. Here’s a workaround for now, while we investigate further: -

Altering Your Race Strategy

By interacting with the ‘Tyre’ stack menu in the garage prior to a race you can adjust your default pit strategy. By making any of the following changes then this problem will be significantly less likely to occur as you will stop yourself from pitting on the same lap as the majority of the AI:

1) Increase or decrease your first pit stop by a lap from the pre-set default

2) Reverse your strategy to start the race on the prime tyres rather than the options, which will allow you to get significantly later in the race before having to make your pit stop (you’ll notice a recommended number of laps for each tyre compound, which will help you determine what lap to make your pit stop). This will require you to alter the both tyres which you start the race on and the pit stop tyres as well as your intended pit stop lap.

3) Alternatively you could also carry on with your default race strategy but choose to ignore the lap where the Race Engineer calls you in and select to pit on the subsequent lap. This is what I tend to do.

Altering Your Race Distance

The more you increase your default race distance up from 20%, the less likely this will occur as the AI will have much larger windows in which to make their stops rather than all coming in on the same lap, as well as the distances between the field becoming much more widely spread.

This issue is almost certainly less likely to be an issue in Multiplayer since the problem’s frequency is a function of how many people are in the pits at once, and your position in the garage line-up.

We'll be back when we've got some more details on this but rest assured we are looking into it.

hope they patch this.

posted this a page back but it kinda got ignored.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!