N-Europe

Pokémon Black & White

Serebii

Just at the 8th Gym My one major gripe with this game is, I have to force myself to use other Pokemon, because from the second gym onwards everything is easily beatable by Timburr and it's two evolutions due to seemingly 90% of every Pokemon after that point being super-weak to fight/rock.

Sandile (and his evolved) are king.

I love him now. I was training him (and Gurdurr, who I need to retire. :/ I like having a fighting Poke, but I'd rather use Scraggy or something, who I find hilarious everytime I see him.) to take on Elesa better, and then accidentally (don't ask) used two rare candies on him. Come on the highest levelled on my team. And his evolution is way cooler now it's obvious how BIG he is. Too big for the screen to handle. I'm terrified to see his final evo in-game.

496.png

I'm glad I chose Snivy/Servine. I like him. However he's currently got an all-grass moveset, and that's without using my Grass Knot TM. Gross Knot on my Roserade in Diamond was my life. So I think I'll get rid of Leech Seed, but he needs something non-grass too...hmm. Currently the lowest level (by 1) of my squad (except Tranquill, but she's in-waiting, and will return to my squad...I hope).

533.png

Quite good/has served me well. I'm so bored though. AND his evo is a trade one...so not going to bother with him soon. There's other fighting pokes I prefer. Will have to train them up, but ya.

544.png

No intention of getting rid of Whirlipede! I have a thing...I guess I like a lot of bug and bird Pokemon. He's done well so far, and has nearly evolved into his badass centipede king form.

552.png

Not long ago on a short-list to be "boxed" but proved his worth in the 4th gym, and now I realised I love the idea. Have a feeling he'll only get stronger.

564.png

While not my first-choice for a water poke, I've grown to like him. Very good defence, good moveset, like his type combos and stuff. A keeper I think.

574.png

Queen of life. Or will be. Trust me.

5 badges now and my team are as follows.

Dewott level 34

Gurdurr level 33

Minccino level 33

Petillil level 33

Simisear level 33

Unfeazent level 33

I have to say I love some of the gym's and their multi functionality

I love how the 4th Gym is in an amusement park and is the rollercoaster (Odd rollercoaster i must say)

Edited by Emerald Emblem
Automerged Doublepost

496.png

I'm glad I chose Snivy/Servine. I like him. However he's currently got an all-grass moveset, and that's without using my Grass Knot TM. Gross Knot on my Roserade in Diamond was my life. So I think I'll get rid of Leech Seed, but he needs something non-grass too...hmm. Currently the lowest level (by 1) of my squad (except Tranquill, but she's in-waiting, and will return to my squad...I hope).

533.png

Quite good/has served me well. I'm so bored though. AND his evo is a trade one...so not going to bother with him soon. There's other fighting pokes I prefer. Will have to train them up, but ya.

544.png

No intention of getting rid of Whirlipede! I have a thing...I guess I like a lot of bug and bird Pokemon. He's done well so far, and has nearly evolved into his badass centipede king form.

552.png

Not long ago on a short-list to be "boxed" but proved his worth in the 4th gym, and now I realised I love the idea. Have a feeling he'll only get stronger.

564.png

While not my first-choice for a water poke, I've grown to like him. Very good defence, good moveset, like his type combos and stuff. A keeper I think.

574.png

Queen of life. Or will be. Trust me.

Why would anyone EVER delete over Leech Seed. You people are FUCKING crazy. :/

I did the 6th gym this morning, it was awesome! I love the gyms. They are so so so good and original and they actually feel EPIC for the first time. I can't wait for Pokemon Orange and Purple on the 3DS. :)

Current team, as I've had a couple of evolutions so some have been cut and others are better. :P

583.png

Now he has evolved he has got VERY solid all-round stats, he has great speed and attack too.

564.png

Water god. Brine is so fucking good.

568.png

Trubbish is a little weak at the moment. I'm hoping his stats increase a lot when he evolves...he has some good support moves though.

512.png

My jungle king, he loves having Acrobatics and awesome stats.

499.png

He is strong/okay, but he will eventually leave my team I think. Maybe.

552.png

This guy is a real beast.

Why would anyone EVER delete over Leech Seed. You people are FUCKING crazy. :/

Well, I did it because Grass Knot is probably a more suitable move the further you get in the game. Considering my Lilligant already had Mega Drain and Synthesis, which carry out their function of healing and attacking better, Leech Seed wasn't really necessary.

Similarly, because Grass Knot's power increases due to the weight of the opponent Pokemon, it makes much more sense to have it instead of Leech Seed for later in the game as that's when you'll be encountering all of the final evolved forms of Pokemon (meaning they'll be heavier and score more damage).

--------------------------

Anyway, picked up a Solosis last night and was considering using it for my team before catching it as it seemed to be the only reputable Psychic pokemon this generation. After looking at it's moveset and when other moves become available, it seems like it'll be more of a chore to level it up to a state where it's useable rather than opt for something else entirely. So that was a disappointment finding that out. Still need a 6th Pokemon to complete my team at the moment but I've got plenty of time as I'm still levelling up for the 4th gym. I say levelling, but I mean over levelling as my Pokemon are all around lvl 30.

Well, I did it because Grass Knot is probably a more suitable move the further you get in the game. Considering my Lilligant already had Mega Drain and Synthesis, which carry out their function of healing and attacking better, Leech Seed wasn't really necessary.

Similarly, because Grass Knot's power increases due to the weight of the opponent Pokemon, it makes much more sense to have it instead of Leech Seed for later in the game as that's when you'll be encountering all of the final evolved forms of Pokemon (meaning they'll be heavier and score more damage).

I'm disgusted. (Yeah Grass Knot is amazing). But Mega/Giga Drain? Ugh. They pale in comparison to Leech Seed.

A) Leech Seed continues after your grass mon is dead.

B) You use Leech Seed. Opponent repeatedly uses Double Team - become near impossible to hit, yet their still getting douched.

C) It makes a significant difference against really strong opponents later in the game, as the difference in health is double what the damage is (effectively) which is awesome.

D) It is awesome.

E) Leech Seed FTW

F) Etc.

A) Leech Seed continues after your grass mon is dead.

B) You use Leech Seed. Opponent repeatedly uses Double Team - become near impossible to hit, yet their still getting douched.

C) It makes a significant difference against really strong opponents later in the game, as the difference in health is double what the damage is (effectively) which is awesome.

D) It is awesome.

E) Leech Seed FTW

F) Etc.

Thou speakz0rs teh truth. Leech seed = awesome. Even better with paralysis, toxic etc :) The more conditions and stuff flying around, the better :D

Speaking of which, Thunder wave / paralysis = undisputed greatness:

100 % accuracy + a fast electric type → you para them before they can do anything :D Speed slows down by 75 %, and their moves now have a 25 % fail rate...Throw in confusion or attract for extra fun times ;D

Anothe little annoyance I just noticed. All the pokemon you transfer over from gen iv have their names in upper case, whilst the gen v ones are in lower case. Again not a major issue but it's something that could have been implemented so easily - just changing them to lower case to match (I like things to be in order and matching :heh:)

I'm seriously tempted to re-breed them all just so they match (thats how much things like this annoy me)!

Anothe little annoyance I just noticed. All the pokemon you transfer over from gen iv have their names in upper case, whilst the gen v ones are in lower case. Again not a major issue but it's something that could have been implemented so easily - just changing them to lower case to match (I like things to be in order and matching :heh:)

I'm seriously tempted to re-breed them all just so they match (thats how much things like this annoy me)!

Please tell me you're joking...

(About the names in caps...because I'm the same way as you)

That is.//////....so.....stupid/.

Got an oshawott off the GTS yesterday, but's it nicknamed which is annoying. I'l breed it later. Will put something up for a Snivy later today.

Got my 7th badge last night after another easy gym battle. I think I'm near the point were I have to catch the Reshiram.

TMs are expensive in these games, although I suppose it makes sense since they're reusable.

My current team:

500.png

511.png

537.png

558.png

583.png

521.png

All around level 40.

I always feel like Leech Seed is used better against me than using it myself.

And as I said, Grass Knot is e'rrthing.

I didn't let Fossil Turtle-mon learn Brine. I was unsure. I wanted the speed of Aqua Jet. Brine is good though. My Wailord on Platinum was king of all Brine.

My Scolipede is my favourite thing. Anyone physically attacks him and they're poisoned, then I use Venoshock, which is more powerful if the target is already poisoned. = deth. :love:

I think I'm taking mine to the name-changer before I transfer them over, I already started that process a while ago when I realised how much UPPER-CASE POKÉMON NAMES annoyed me.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. All the Pokemon I trade over have their name in lower case.

Were they in lower case before you transferred them?

Thankfully when they evolve they go back to lowercase, so I'm evolving a load of mine now, although this wont be possible for the legendaries, nintendo are douches...

So if you use the pokemon in battle it's name is lowercase, even though it was uppercase when you transferred him?

I know that if you go to the summary page it will say (for example) "Name: Rattata", but if you look in the top right of bottom screen it'll say "RATTATA", along with the gender and level. Google searching reveals that pretty much everyone says they'll be uppercase so I don't understand how yours aren't...