NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

I hope the next game is set in proper Gotham City. It'd be pretty amazing travelling around like you do in this game but with the full blown skyscrapers and city buildings etc

So anyone have code issues? My mates Catwoman code wasn't printed. I had no suggestions for him over than to refund and get a new one.

So anyone have code issues? My mates Catwoman code wasn't printed. I had no suggestions for him over than to refund and get a new one.

I had a "double" code in my box, no issues with non-print codes though.

I had a "double" code in my box, no issues with non-print codes though.

Same code? or two different. I do feel fortunate as it seems it's pretty widespread.

Same code? or two different. I do feel fortunate as it seems it's pretty widespread.

Yeah plenty of peoples across the net reporting it. I'm pretty sure they have said they will make amends (obviously) on the topic of codes I didn't realise it came with a code to maybe get on the Gotham City Impostors beta.

2 different codes for the same DLC, had 2 challenge map codes.

I hope the next game is set in proper Gotham City. It'd be pretty amazing travelling around like you do in this game but with the full blown skyscrapers and city buildings etc

That'd be cool but only if they do it for next gen consoles. I wouldnt want to sacrifice all the detail for a bigger city.

I'd love a No Mans Land situation if they do it for this gen.

Is it not possible to pick up and throw thugs in combat anymore?

I'm not sure to be honest. I haven't come across it so far.

Is it not possible to pick up and throw thugs in combat anymore?

I'm sure there's an upgrade where after unlocking it you can, after an 8+ combo, throw enemies.

I must be the only one who is a little disappointed at the moment. Admittedly I am not very far in so not much has happened but it just seems a bit meh at the moment. I am about to go save

Mr Freeze, just arrived at the building after the GCPD.

Still "good" of course, but its not blowing me yet considering reviewers said it was the second coming of the messiah.

This.

It feels a little like they just added more of everything without thinking it through. Arkham Asylum almost felt like a horror game. This feels more like a massive fetch quest.

Still, I am enjoying it. Also arrived at the GCPD. Trying to work out how to get in.

This.

It feels a little like they just added more of everything without thinking it through. Arkham Asylum almost felt like a horror game. This feels more like a massive fetch quest.

Still, I am enjoying it. Also arrived at the GCPD. Trying to work out how to get in.

Definitely agree with the fetch quest aspect still am early in the game, set for 1st meeting with character Rez mentioned!

Batman: Arkham City - 10/10

Stunning from start to finish with loads of side quest, suprises and excellent game world design. So much detail throughout and so many easter eggs not just for DC comics either but some references to one TV show in particular.

The combat has been improved and seems even smoother than before. Plenty of new moves and gadgets to use not just for Bats but for Catwoman aswell. Plenty of villians to tackle with some pretty good bosses (much better than in AA). The story and ending were both fantastic

Game of the generation for me so far with only Skyward Sword that I feel can topple it.

This.

I feel this, It's feeling like a really dark Assassin's Creed but with less people.

I can't remember the combat being this feeble either. Press X to knock the shit out of one character then Y whenever someone's about to hit you from behind. It wouldn't be so tedious if it didn't take as long. At times Batman is such a pussy.

Just trying to find Mr Freeze. I won't mention any other names but it feels that they've just rammed in names for the sake of it. Have to say, very disappointed thus far.

Well ive pretty much loved everything about it. Arkham City looked great, Batman's fighting felt just as good as before with some nice additions to the quick use of gadgets, the boss fights were much better and less tedious that Asylum as well. Catwoman was a nice addition to the game but her second and third missions felt like they should have been a lot closer together or at least have an additional one inbetween. Some great cameo appearances and the side quests have been good. I will slightly agree that there have possibly been too many villians popping up but with the nature of Arkham City it makes sense so it didnt ruin anything for me.

This game is definitely game of the year contender for me.

I think the first Catwoman "mission" is utter crap and actually ruins an otherwise good opening to the game. I'd rather not have played it.

I'm really not feeling it quite yet and pretty shocked that I don't. This is definitely what I wanted from a Batman game and certainly feel this is what a Batman game should be. It all feels very disjointed. The parts of the game I have enjoyed the most are the indoors sections which feel very much like Asylum. That fear that permeated the first game and helped create the atmosphere is certainly missing and for me its much missed as it made the game. Granted I am not all that far in and did get frustrated when trying to do a side mission and find a way into a building only to find this wasn't possible until I did one of the story missions, which didn't help.

What I do like is grappling is easy and fluent they could have made the need to be pin point accurate to go from place to place but this would have wrecked the movement around the city, sure there is the odd time Batman clips through the edges of buildings and other scenery but its a necessary evil. Also love so far the inclusion of more characters and them not being throw away like so many were in Asylum.

Just finished the advanced AR training. I heard they were quite hard and people on neogaf were complaining it took them 50 tries to beat some of them. I bloody walked em didnt I. No more than 2 tries on two of them and first time for the other two.

Its all about letting go of the dive bomb button and let it self adjust at the right time.

Lol, the complaints you read must've been from morons, I completed them in no time. Maybe one or two of them took a couple (literally) of attempts, but that's it. I was a bit surprised when it popped up that all AR missions were complete, I thought it was just the easy ones done!

Its all about letting go of the dive bomb button and let it self adjust at the right time.

That's what kept screwing me over. It took me a fair few tries, but I managed the secret. I think I've got one more to do somewhere.

I've got to move my internet cable from my PC to my 360, this constant asking for Catwoman's code is pissing me off now. But I got some "exclusive" content since I bought it from Tesco.

I can't remember the combat being this feeble either. Press X to knock the shit out of one character then Y whenever someone's about to hit you from behind. It wouldn't be so tedious if it didn't take as long. At times Batman is such a pussy.

Sounds like you're doing it wrong tbh. You should be using your gadgets as much as possible for the xp bonus, and building up a good combo so you can do takedowns.

I'm really loving the challenge of starting on hard. Maybe the people who aren't feeling it should give that a go?

Sounds like you're doing it wrong tbh. You should be using your gadgets as much as possible for the xp bonus, and building up a good combo so you can do takedowns.

Depends how many people there are, if there's one or two it's not a problem dispatching them quickly and quietly. But when you've got five or more crowding around you, with the signal above their heads flashing all the time, all you can really do is counter. It looks pretty, he dances around like a ballerina ninja and it's very impressive.

Unlock some upgrades, some decent stun moves that really slows them down. The regular cape stun doesnt break your combo either so you can use that instead of countering. Oh and jumping over them really helps to keep the combo from breaking.

I love the quick gun stun and grapple hook commands to disarm people.

Got the Robin DLC earlier, swapped my spare "Iceberg Challenge Map" and an old control pad with my mate. Who in turn, bought me a pint and gave his spare DLC code over as well. Turns out it wasn't just the Collectors Editions with double codes.