NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Is there any decent DLC coming out for this at all. I mean more story missions. Otherwise I may as well just trade it in.

It does seem to me that Rocksteady threw in so much Riddler stuff to "beef" the game up. I mean, it doesn't feel like Arkham Asylum. I can see what they were trying to do, but whilst trying to go there, they kind-of made this not as good if you get what i mean.

It's a good game, but Arkham Asylum felt more focused. This is a bit all over the place, in terms of content as well as plot.

It's a good game, but Arkham Asylum felt more focused. This is a bit all over the place, in terms of content as well as plot.

True, it was indeed that. Arkham City feels like they were trying to make it better than Asylum, but it doesn't feel better in my opinion. Too many top enemies, some wasted moments and opportunities. Arkham City feels too open, too over the place as you said.

It is a good game, i'm not doubting that for a second. It just feels like Rocksteady made City under the pressure to make it better than Asylum, but different as well.

Anyone heard about save files disappearing on the 360 after you reach 80%? I'm at 71% though i'm not sure if I want to keep going to just to have my stuff get erased.

Sweet, I won a Robin code in a competition :D

Cool, it's a little different using Robin in the challenge maps. Makes it more fun with all the guards who think Robin ain't good enough.

Anyone heard about save files disappearing on the 360 after you reach 80%? I'm at 71% though i'm not sure if I want to keep going to just to have my stuff get erased.

Havn't heard of that yet, i'm at 79% so nearly at that point.

I 100% it and had no problems like that.

Good to hear. I do think they've overdone it on the challenge maps though. I mean, there's shitloads there just for 1 character. Let alone playing them with an extra 2!

Good to hear. I do think they've overdone it on the challenge maps though. I mean, there's shitloads there just for 1 character. Let alone playing them with an extra 2!

They're boring. Especially the combat ones.

Yeah that's why once I did them all as Batman I was just thinking that I can't be arsed doing it all over again with others!

Well, I started getting corrupt DLC/disk unreadable errors. Googling suggests cleaning the disk but it's not working (it does have a circular scratch right around the outer edge of the disk). Any suggestions?

Currently doing the

ra's al ghul stuff. Just beat him, I think...

How close to the end of the main story am I?

Can't you check how much of the main story you've played in your stats?

Though maybe that only works if you exit to the main menu first. I can't remember.

Currently doing the
ra's al ghul stuff. Just beat him, I think...

How close to the end of the main story am I?

You're about 3/4 of the way through. I would take some time between main missions to do some riddles, or some detective/deadshot missions or similar, as it's less fun to go back for all that stuff when everything else is done.

Hmmm yeah I was worried about that. At first the City seemed massive and full of wonder... but quickly it appears to be mostly padded out with riddler nonsense, so yeah. Next couple of sessions will be clearing that up as much as possible.

I definitely prefer the story and feel of Asylum. I appreciate what City has tried to do but it's largely a case of shoehorning -- generally speaking I'm glad it's collectables that've been added for padding though as I'm happy to trundle about and pick them up, but the story itself, if I am indeed close to the end, is definitely shorter and less rewarding.

Countering multiple enemies at once is the best thing in this game, makes for some awesome fights.

Its just such a satisfying combat system. I love when you get a massive group of badguys and end up with like a x50 combo.

So I started this today and I have a couple of problems with it.

Firstly, my 360 just doesn't like this game at all. For some reason the game won't start 9/10 times if i'm connected to Live. I start the game and a blackscreen just comes up and freezes my 360. I try again but this time stay off Live and it works. Weird.

Next, is there supposed to be objective markers on this game? I'm not on about map markers, but markers when you are in a building or the sewers etc. The game sometimes gives me them and other times i'm left to wander around and look for myself.

Did anyone else have these issues?

Not sure what to think of the game to be honest. I seem to be flying through the actual story but the amount of collectables/challenges are insane, too many for my liking.

Firstly, my 360 just doesn't like this game at all. For some reason the game won't start 9/10 times if i'm connected to Live. I start the game and a blackscreen just comes up and freezes my 360. I try again but this time stay off Live and it works. Weird.

Next, is there supposed to be objective markers on this game? I'm not on about map markers, but markers when you are in a building or the sewers etc. The game sometimes gives me them and other times i'm left to wander around and look for myself.

Not sure what to think of the game to be honest. I seem to be flying through the actual story but the amount of collectables/challenges are insane, too many for my liking.

I didn't know what I thought of the game at first but after awhile I just grew to love it, and I got all the collectables so I'm sure you can! :p But yeah the amount is insane.

I never had a problem with loading the game like your's... and my sister is playing my copy on her 360 now and she hasn't had any problems online either.

I'm trying to remember but I think objective markers should appear on your map when your inside a building by bringing the map up but ony if you have an objective, like I remember trying to leave the sewers and couldn't remember how to get out, no markers for that.

Yep I had the exact same problem with my game doing that - black screening whenever I tried to load it up. It became an absolute pain in the arse.

I never noticed a link between being online / offline though to be honest, I used to just have to get up and turn my console off / back on and it would normally fix the issue.

But yeah it did that a lot. And it sucks ass.