Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to all the maury stuff on the last page that I've missed. I've always remembered this page since well I needed one reason to cheer up about a previous relationship. http://www.pown.it/399

I tried to show that clip to N-E but I couldn't find a decent video with the audio on it.

I remember this episode. A little similar to the one Ten10 said:

Also, this should be shown for the LOLs:

There really SHOULD be an appreciation thread for shows like this! :p

Edited by Animal

Not sure whether this should be here or Christmas list but whatever;

Why is everyone but me so difficult to buy for? :p I think I might get my brother's girlfriend some Pixar films because I know she likes them as she borrowed mine recently. Will get Finding Nemo as...well, all girls like that. Dunno whether to get Toy Story (as I know she likes that) or Wall-E as I'm pretty sure she said she enjoyed that.

Then my nan...and mother and basically any woman I have to buy for. Such strange creatures. Women folk, help me out!

Oh and I suppose my dad but meh. I used to go for the good old cliches; ties and/or socks. But seeing as he was fired and apparently has no intention of ever trying to find a job again they're a bit pointless.

Edited by Ashley

My friend's girlfriend hates all of his female friends. She's totally paranoid, assumes we're all trying to be with him, is fake with the niceties and then outwardly rude when he's not there to hear. She always has to know exactly where he is and is extremely controlling. They argue alot but he seems happy. We've never probed him much about their relationship or told him how we feel, should we?

My friend's girlfriend hates all of his female friends. She's totally paranoid, assumes we're all trying to be with him, is fake with the niceties and then outwardly rude when he's not there to hear. She always has to know exactly where he is and is extremely controlling. They argue alot but he seems happy. We've never probed him much about their relationship or told him how we feel, should we?

She sounds like a total bitch, to be completely blunt. I say go for it. Just because he seems happy, doesn't mean he actually is. (Then again, I fail at advice...so do the exact opposite).

She sounds like a total bitch, to be completely blunt. I say go for it. Just because he seems happy, doesn't mean he actually is. (Then again, I fail at advice...so do the exact opposite).

Haha, she is a total bitch to us. Most other people seem to absolutely adore her because she doesn't treat them like Monica Lewinsky. It's difficult because I want him to be happy but if we start slagging her off, however subtly, we could lose him altogether. But then, if they get married, I feel like we'd never see him again. I mention marriage because they're 23 and have been going out a while, it's a genuine possibility.

Haha, she is a total bitch to us. Most other people seem to absolutely adore her because she doesn't treat them like Monica Lewinsky. It's difficult because I want him to be happy but if we start slagging her off, however subtly, we could lose him altogether. But then, if they get married, I feel like we'd never see him again. I mention marriage because they're 23 and have been going out a while, it's a genuine possibility.

So basically either way you're totally screwed? Then I definitely say go for it. If you say something, there's a chance of a good outcome. If you don't then like you say...you could be stuck with the hateful woman for years to come.

Why dont you talk to her directly? Tell her to get her head right, else you will tell your friend how much of a bitch she is (with examples so its a real threat). If she doesn't straighten up, then tell him. If he is a true friend he will value your opinion. Besides, if it were you, wouldn't you like to know what your friends thought about your partner?

It's normally worked for me to be straightforward and honest. However, it sounds like you have a right biatch on your hands and the one thing bitches hate more is playing them at their own game but playing it better than they ever could. When she's being downright nasty to you, get bitchy but not in front of him.

Or if you can't bitch, try and be honest. It depends what type of guy he is. Who would he trust more? You or bitch? If he'd trust you, tell him IN FRONT of her...best to have your mates whose been bitched at by her there too for back-up.

Why dont you talk to her directly? Tell her to get her head right, else you will tell your friend how much of a bitch she is (with examples so its a real threat). If she doesn't straighten up, then tell him. If he is a true friend he will value your opinion. Besides, if it were you, wouldn't you like to know what your friends thought about your partner?

No.

This will make her worse and provoke her, rather than the intended threat, making it seem like you really are after him.

Sit them both down, together and explain these things with them both, not just individually, no going behind backs. I would personally make sure of it.

Thank you for all the different points of view on my friend's girlfriend! :)

I think I've decided to just ask him how he feels, if he's happy, and take it from there. If he's not happy, he would never be brutally honest in front of her, so I've gotta ask him on his own.

I need a few little bits of statistical data for a leaflet I'm helping transcribe into Chinese.

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from a HIV negative female during unprotected vaginal intercourse?

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from a HIV positive female when using a condom for vaginal intercourse?

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from an HIV positive male during unprotected anal intercourse?

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from an HIV positive male during protected anal intercourse?

Sorry for the graphic-ness of the questions, but they're not questions I've found easy answers to so far. I'm volunteering with a group helping on sex-ed amongst migrant and sex workers here and they need these numbers.

There's a whole lot of conflicting data, some of it says "You will get HIV regardless." -I'm assuming that's the militant Christians? Some of it says "Your risk is lowered by..." but there's no accurate numbers, and the Chinese like their accuracy. Trying to promote condom use, so any information on protected sex is most welcome.

Edited by Iun

I need a few little bits of statistical data for a leaflet I'm helping transcribe into Chinese.

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from a HIV negative female during unprotected vaginal intercourse?

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from a HIV positive female when using a condom for vaginal intercourse?

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from an HIV positive male during unprotected anal intercourse?

What is the actual percentage chance of contracting HIV from an HIV positive male during protected anal intercourse?

Sorry for the graphic-ness of the questions, but they're not questions I've found easy answers to so far. I'm volunteering with a group helping on sex-ed amongst migrant and sex workers here and they need these numbers.

There's a whole lot of conflicting data, some of it says "You will get HIV regardless." -I'm assuming that's the militant Christians? Some of it says "Your risk is lowered by..." but there's no accurate numbers, and the Chinese like their accuracy. Trying to promote condom use, so any information on protected sex is most welcome.

Don't know if this helps.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081007233515AA4WTPB

That's quite useful, yes. Thanks Moogle! You're still awesome :)

I still need to get some facts for protected sex, however, as those appear to be unprotected statistics.

The reason for this is that until 2002 the open sale and advertisement of condoms in China was banned as they were considered a "Sex life enhancer" rather than a medical product. In other words, the government viewed them in the same category as vibrators, blow up dolls and edible body paint.

So it's essential to get people educated on the importance of their use.

EDIT:

So I found a little more information: something like 1 in 250 people in the "At Risk" group of people have HIV, and it's approximately 1 in 3000 chance of contracting it in an encounter NOT using protection.

Can someone with a maths brain better than mine -i.e. everyone, help me work out a statistic for this.

0.4% chance of person having it.

0.03% chance of you catching it from that person having unprotected sex.

Do you multiply the two together to get a statistical likelihood? It comes out as 0.013... Does that sound right?

Edited by Iun

That's quite useful, yes. Thanks Moogle! You're still awesome :)

I still need to get some facts for protected sex, however, as those appear to be unprotected statistics.

The reason for this is that until 2002 the open sale and advertisement of condoms in China was banned as they were considered a "Sex life enhancer" rather than a medical product. In other words, the government viewed them in the same category as vibrators, blow up dolls and edible body paint.

So it's essential to get people educated on the importance of their use.

EDIT:

So I found a little more information: something like 1 in 250 people in the "At Risk" group of people have HIV, and it's approximately 1 in 3000 chance of contracting it in an encounter NOT using protection.

Can someone with a maths brain better than mine -i.e. everyone, help me work out a statistic for this.

0.4% chance of person having it.

0.03% chance of you catching it from that person having unprotected sex.

Do you multiply the two together to get a statistical likelihood? It comes out as 0.013... Does that sound right?

What are you trying to find out? Surely if you are trying to find out the chance of catching it with someone who has HIV then it would just be 1/3000?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!