N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confession:

OK, it's not really a confession but more like news in my life. I have a date...well, I think I do anyway. We just got chatting on MSN and we both discussed a little about ourselves and, don't ask me what made me do it but, I just asked if she wanted to meet up next week and she said yes then said goodnight and put three kisses after it. I feel over the moon at the moment, I didn't get rejected! I'm reading too much into her messages so I'm going to try and stop doing that, haha.

Advice:

What should I do or say? We haven't met before, we met through a friend of mine. She's shown me a picture of her and she is pretty to me and her personality is nice but I feel scared she won't like me for some daft reason. I've been on a few dates and I've never felt like this before, is this normal and why do I feel like this now?

This sounds similar to what I just went through. The first date was a little weird, as neither of us really knew what to expect, but it passed quite quickly. Just treat it like any other date, and you'll be fine.

This sounds similar to what I just went through. The first date was a little weird, as neither of us really knew what to expect, but it passed quite quickly. Just treat it like any other date, and you'll be fine.

Exactly.

You have to step on your nerves and be the best DudeDazz you can be. Treat it like you were just meeting a new friend - if she's got the potential for love, then take it further, if it's just friendship, then you've gained a new friend!

The most important thing to remember on a first date is the entrance you make. For this you will need an ounce of margarine, a loincloth and a big stick. Take off your clothes, smear on the margarine, put on the loincloth and knock on her door.

When she opens, brandish the stick fiercely and shout "I AM GALDAR, AVENGER OF THE FOREST, I HAVE COME TO BRING YOU MY SEED!"

Oh, and don't forget to pay for the dinner and book her a taxi home, you don't want her to think you are weird or anything.

:laughing:

Advice: Don't say that to her!

HAHA! I just realised it sounded weird. The reason why I say that is because all of my mates (yes, all) say she's plain because, to them, in some photos, she looks pretty and some she doesn't. I can't see it myself, I think they're going mad, lol.

My advice is talk about how penguins don't have a penis but an all purpose orifice instead. :)

Always gets the conversation ball rolling. :p

Hmmm...I just might try that, aha.

That's how I feel at the moment. Even though I've been on a few dates, I still have no idea what to say or do, lmao. You'd think I would with experience, lol.

Exactly.

You have to step on your nerves and be the best DudeDazz you can be. Treat it like you were just meeting a new friend - if she's got the potential for love, then take it further, if it's just friendship, then you've gained a new friend!

The most important thing to remember on a first date is the entrance you make. For this you will need an ounce of margarine, a loincloth and a big stick. Take off your clothes, smear on the margarine, put on the loincloth and knock on her door.

When she opens, brandish the stick fiercely and shout "I AM GALDAR, AVENGER OF THE FOREST, I HAVE COME TO BRING YOU MY SEED!"

Oh, and don't forget to pay for the dinner and book her a taxi home, you don't want her to think you are weird or anything.

LMAO! Awesome post! I love!

I will try and treat it like a new friendship but apparently she knew me from school (not like as friends but she's seen my face, lol) but I don't remember her whatsoever. Let's just hope she doesn't bring it up, lmao.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs260.ash1/18748_262911355817_601720817_3224848_618959_n.jpg

ADVICE: What the fuck is going on in the bottom left of that photo?

Edit: NM, worked it out after looking at it for about half an hour lol.

Can you tell me because I have no idea!

I've just found out something about the girl I'm going on a date...or whatever...with next week. Her brother is one of my mates, lmao. I had no clue at all and we've been mates for years, haha. I thought it was kind of funny...

I've just found out something about the girl I'm going on a date...or whatever...with next week. Her brother is one of my mates, lmao. I had no clue at all and we've been mates for years, haha. I thought it was kind of funny...

You spoken to him about it? Definitely worth it! If he's cool with it he can plant some not-so-subtle hints that you're an awesome guy. If he's not cool with it, make sure you don't talk about anything you may get up to with her when he's around!

I need advice people, help meeeee.

I'll set the scene: I'm on a gap year at the moment and will be going to University in September. I'm currently looking for a job to save up some pennies and hopefully go and visit places in the summer.

(Where i need advice) I've applied for a job at Barclays as a customer adviser and have pretty much got the job. The problem is I wouldn't start untill the 23rd of next month and then there's 8 weeks of training after that, by which time I'd be 2 months off quitting for the summer. Now here's where the problem is, do I go for this job even though i'd be quitting soon after the training? Or do I look for a more temporary job which would suit my situation better? The problem with the second option is that this is the only job I've been this close to being offered.

Hmmm what to do.

You spoken to him about it? Definitely worth it! If he's cool with it he can plant some not-so-subtle hints that you're an awesome guy. If he's not cool with it, make sure you don't talk about anything you may get up to with her when he's around!

See, that's the thing I'm afraid of. He doesn't know I'm talking to her and he don't know I like her, I only found out they were related through her MySpace and I was like "Huh? What?" lol.

You think I should tell him before I go on the 'date' or what? If so, what the heck do I say? I've never been in this kind of situation before, lol.

See, that's the thing I'm afraid of. He doesn't know I'm talking to her and he don't know I like her, I only found out they were related through her MySpace and I was like "Huh? What?" lol.

You think I should tell him before I go on the 'date' or what? If so, what the heck do I say? I've never been in this kind of situation before, lol.

From my point of view he's going to find out either way. Would you rather he heard about it from someone other than you who might blow things out of proportion or be able to tell him yourself on your own terms.

Chances are he'll be cool with it so you should definitely just give him a phone to let him know.

Strider; is it a part-time position they're offering you? Is there a possibility that you can transfer to a branch near uni?

No it's a full time position they're offering, well, 30 hours per week. I'm not sure about the branch transfer, I haven't actually told them I will be going to Uni in September, which I'm guessing if i did they wouldn't be too interested in hiring me.

I'd say go with it. Plenty of people leave a job early on. If they like you I'm sure they will try and arrange some kind of branch transfer.

And congrats :)

Just make sure you have a valid reason to tell your next employer why you left. (Obviously the uni thing.)

Cineworld are very wary of me leaving Monkey Bizness after only two months, with reason, I could very easily walk out of cineworld. Not that I would. But you see my meaning.

Couldn't you say something like MB can't offer the hours they promised or something like that?

And yeah Strider, just say after the training you have decided it is not right for you and have decided to go to uni. Make it seem like a last minute decision.

OK, update: I've just found out she's just finished a relationship last week. I don't know why but this has kind of put me off, I feel like I'd be the rebound guy or something...we haven't arranged a date or anything for next week either. I think it's too soon considering she was with this lad for a year or something I think she said. Ah well, life goes on I suppose and I gained a friend...but thanks for all the advice people, it hasn't been wasted. Now I know what to do if this situation ever occurs again. :)

Edited by Animal

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!