Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hours in a Day

Falcon_BlizZACK

Depends on the day really, as my work timetable is all over the place. But the guaranteed for weekdays:

4-8 hours sleep (although...not guaranteed)

4 hours traveling

3-10 hours working

1-2 hours cooking/eating

1-2 hours TV

1+ hours other projects

Right i'm gonna say:

-8 hours of sleep.

-Average of 6 hours tuturials/lectures/labs.

-About an hour to eat (only lunch and dinner, i never eat breakfast at Uni).

-2 hours of work (though this will slowly increase as time goes on).

-30mins of walking around campus to and from lectures.

-30 mins in the shower and getting ready to go out.

-An hour with the girlfriend.

-Rest of the time is used between listening to music/gym/Internet/gaming.

Do people here actually get the recommended 7.5-8 hours a night? I thought most of the people on here had terrible sleeping patterns :P

I'm trying to, because I think it's about time I learned to appreciate sleep, haha. Plus, with the gymming eet up stuffs, I need to get a good amount of sleep so that my body can recover. Our bodies are temples, etc.

Do people here actually get the recommended 7.5-8 hours a night? I thought most of the people on here had terrible sleeping patterns :P

Recommendations are for losers :heh:

It'd be nice but it just doesn't happen really. But I can survive on 2 if needs be.

I only get 5-6 hours sleep every night. On bad days even less. Weekends I get a bit more. I seem to have learned to make do with that amount.

Life is too short for sleeping long periods of time. You have what i class the desired amount of time asleep. I aim for this, but most of the time fail.

Life is too short for sleeping long periods of time. You have what i class the desired amount of time asleep. I aim for this, but most of the time fail.

Lack of sleep, does more harm than good in the long run. You're more likely to be overweight or obese due to hormonal imbalances, more prone to psychological hiccups, if your tired during your day you'll probably waste time lounging about (most probably with a bagel too). Some dudes have even equated lack of sleep with death.

Wow... why not spend some of this time on getting over yourself? You might find that not only is life worth living, but that in the grand scheme of things the worthlessness of your life means nothing to the world at large. :)

I was having a genuine lol at the expense of what I thought the stereotypical emo poster on here would say, love. Life is grand.

Something like 5-7 hours of sleep, every morning I promise myself to take a nap when I get home from class, that is a lie.

6-9 hours os classes, or just browse the internet while occasionally listening to the teacher.

Then it´s like 7-11 hours of gaming, reading, watching TV-shows or meeting up with people to do what I just wrote down and promising myself to do that writing assignment tomorrow which is also a lie.

Pretty content with that.

Actually there are studies that suggest that having 4-7 hours will help you live longer. Although at our ages (when we're still developing) we should be getting at least 8.

I think the only thing I'm developing at my age is more fat tissue. =P

But yeah I used to sleep between 2-5 hours per night a few years ago, but it made me feel quite horrible haha. So sleeping 5-7 hours now is a big improvement, though I often still feel tired. So then I have naps during the day haha.