NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Keep in mind, NoA were selling them for $80 on it's own...

Anyone seen this?

One tweet which really sells what local multiplayer can be

Anyone seen this?

One tweet which really sells what local multiplayer can be

Had something similar happen yesterday in the office too. 3 other dudes and I bought our Switches in. I shared my Switch with a colleague (I've recently got her into it haha) whilst the others had their own screens.

We must have played for at least an hour (on top of our lunch break) and so many people were coming up to us and wanting to have a go. Definitely did my bit in marketing this thing ha (although when I told them the price, they were slightly less keen).

Safe to say, it was a very fun Friday in the office yday!

Looks like lots of us were playing Mario Kart in the office yesterday.

Two of us in the office took in our Switches yesterday. Didn't work out quite as planned because with only two switches you can still only play four player Mario Kart. Still we all had fun! And I'm pretty sure a few people will pick one up before the end of the year.

Looks like lots of us were playing Mario Kart in the office yesterday.

Two of us in the office took in our Switches yesterday. Didn't work out quite as planned because with only two switches you can still only play four player Mario Kart. Still we all had fun! And I'm pretty sure a few people will pick one up before the end of the year.

I can't even play 2 player split screen on mine. Whenever I try it never recognises the joy cons as 2 controllers. I have no idea why this happens.

I can't even play 2 player split screen on mine. Whenever I try it never recognises the joy cons as 2 controllers. I have no idea why this happens.

Have you tried selecting "Change Grip/order" on the controller menu on the home screen?

Have you tried selecting "Change Grip/order" on the controller menu on the home screen?

Yeah no luck. Just says controllers not connecting.

https://ibb.co/gy8DrQ

gy8DrQ

Yeah no luck. Just says controllers not connecting.

https://ibb.co/gy8DrQ

gy8DrQ

It looks like you're pressing L + R on both joycons, which registers it as one controller.

Have you tried pressing SL + SR on a single joycon instead?

It looks like you're pressing L + R on both joycons, which registers it as one controller.

Have you tried pressing SL + SR on a single joycon instead?

Thank you!!!!

FC Barcelona loving the switch.

Edited by liger05

Thank you!!!!

No problem, happy to help!

Thank you!!!!

That's sick

Barcelona playing Mario Kart on a flight together. EA should be able to put out some sick FIFA marketing for FIFA on switch.

Question is will they bother though. edit.. just remembered MS have that marketing deal with EA in relations to FIFA so we wont be seeing any switch specific ads.

Also really hoping Konami announce PES 2018 for switch at E3. Konami have working agreement with Neymar I think so again they could really come up with some creative marketing with the switch and the opportunities to play away from home and local multi player.

Edited by khilafah

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ng-Video-Game/

According to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States, the Nintendo Switch system was the best-selling video game hardware in the month of April with more than 280,000 units sold. This is the second month in a row that Nintendo Switch has led the pack in video game hardware sales, following a record-breaking launch in March. April sales of Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems (more than 68,000 units sold) combined to make up almost half of all hardware sales across all dedicated video game systems.

The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game was the top-selling video game in April with more than 460,000 physical units sold. With digital sales added, the total is more than 550,000 units. Making this number more impressive is the fact that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launched on April 28, which only accounts for two days’ worth of sales in the reporting period, which cut off on April 29.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game for Nintendo Switch continued its legendary run, coming in as the third-highest-selling video game in April. The critically acclaimed open-air adventure will receive even more content with the upcoming launch of two DLC packs in the summer and holiday season of this year. The DLC is now available for pre-purchase via an Expansion Pass. 1-2-Switch and digital-only game Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! also saw strong sales in April.

MK8 doing 550k in two days is incredible.

Switch went from 900k to 280k. Not much you can you do about limited supply.

More interestingly, it seems that 3DS has dropped to 68k. Seems to imply that Switch is eating up some of its audience...

Though of course it'll get a bit of a boost from the New2DSXL when that launches, alongside its three "launch" titles over here.

I don't think have a pro controller yet but I am getting this!!!

DAD9kGMWsAAuMTe.jpg

This explains the lack of supply at the moment moment?

This splatoon bundle will do mad numbers in Japan:

DAD9iigXgAEoFA9.jpg

Edited by liger05

I need that Pro controller!!!

I'm not exactly sure why they didn't go the whole hog, and make it half pink, half Green.

The grey in the middle of that just makes it look like a mess.

I'm not exactly sure why they didn't go the whole hog, and make it half pink, half Green.

Yeah, I agree with you. I would have loved a full mixture of the two colours but black/grey ( it's the N64 all over again :D ) doesn't make it appealing to me. They could have even kept the whole controller in it's original colour and then have splats of neon everywhere. I think that would have been a better option.

I think that would have looked like a mess and a bit too childish. This looks sleek and bright at the same time, sort of like the neon Switch.

And it'll probably look right at home with the rest of the console, if you line up the Splatoon joy-cons+grip with the Pro Controller. I don't know why, but I really like the playful color choices they have this generation.

And it'll probably look right at home with the rest of the console, if you line up the Splatoon joy-cons+grip with the Pro Controller. I don't know why, but I really like the playful color choices they have this generation.

While I'm not overly keen on green and pink as a colour combination, I'm absolutely loving the variety and vibrancy of the games and peripherals on Switch :hehe:

I may not need it right now but my plan is to hopefully have full neon yellow and neon green Joy-Con sets to accompany my red and blue!

I think that would have looked like a mess and a bit too childish. This looks sleek and bright at the same time, sort of like the neon Switch.

Yes, I'm sure it looks sleek when you're holding it, with your hands covering the handles.

Slick.

I approve of this plan.

Best decision Nintendo has made in ages :p

Yes, I'm sure it looks sleek when you're holding it, with your hands covering the handles.

Slick.

Glad you agree. Just as slick as the neon Switch looks in your hand.