Match 1: Joy Division vs. Nine Inch Nails

Match 2: Patrick Wolf vs. Dashboard Confessional

Match 3: Daft Punk vs. Major Lazer

Match 4: Fleet Foxes vs. Florence and the Machine

Match 5: Sonic Youth vs. Boney M. ?

Match 6: Kylie Minogue vs. Jade Ewen?

---

Get listening, then vote!

Too Far is an interesting little pop song, in between the two times Kylie was most successful, stock aitken waterman and how she's famous now, that kinda dancey, produced vocal. I like how it's just her voice plain in this. And the exorcist sounding tune too. It gets my vote.

When the quiet bit of Too Far breaks, I'm dazzled. Whilst a lot of Kylie's stuff is actually really good (Come Into My World / Slow / Red-Blooded Woman / Chocolate / some tracks off X), and she equally has a lot of bad, this feels so stunning.

My Man is just bleugh. Typical RnB/Pop song. Why would I bother listening when I'm still reeling to this very day from Crazy In Love?

Too Far.

Do we really have to vote between these two? They were both pretty dire. I'll vote for Kylie because it was the lesser of the two evils but they were pretty bad. Both generic in their respective genres.

I'd say Too Far is pretty stand-out in the (alterna)pop genre. Actually interesting to listen to.

They were both pretty damn rubbish but the latter sounded like something you hear in a club and want to escape but there's a load of people in your way so you just curl up into a ball on the floor until its all over.

So I guess that little Aussie pixie gets my vote.

Sheeeeeeeet, I forgot about voting. I saw this a few days ago but I kept putting off my vote.

I'm with Ine, so we listened to both songs together and...we found that we didn't particularly like either one.

Saying that, I prefer Jade whilst Ine prefers Kylie. However, there are quite a few of Kylie's songs that I like. So, once again, it's a case of "quite like the artist, but not this song."