NEurope
Daft

Borderlands

How does the co-op work? Does one person set the mission and then you go and team it up or what? And can you get 2 vehicles going at once?

You can get two vehicles at any time, you just press RB/R1 on the vehicle spawn screen to go to the second vehicle. Even when it's just two player both of you can be driving.

Btw I'm surprised you have played so much solo! This is one game I couldn't imagine enjoying on my own. It's not far from an MMO in terms of the way it has been designed as a co-op game. The only thing it's missing is a healer class.

Dwarf, what quest are you upto? I think we may be at the same place, so if you fancy teaming up to take down Sledge? (I think I'm just about to head into that town thing to face him).

That's poor. 'Hat managed to join me but it was barely playable lag, in the end he quit. I tried joining him but it kept timing out so a big fail all round really.

My connection is shit so I'm not surprised.

Atm doing the connection test gives me:

Download: 798.3kbs

Upload: 321.0kbs

Yummy.

Haven't played this in a while.

Level 23 and entered New Haven. Finished the first quest there. Tonight I'm gonna tackle some Bounty Board missions.

It's so much fun to go on playing just to find some new weapons, comparing them, selling them and using some of them. :bouncy: Love eet.

Edit: My mic has arrived some days ago. Would love to do some coop sometime (I hope you guys will understand me and I'll understand you when talking...:p)

Bit of help people. After playing online with some people I've suddenly got all these quests available that I don't want to see. Any way I can go back and choose the right ones?

Bit of help people. After playing online with some people I've suddenly got all these quests available that I don't want to see. Any way I can go back and choose the right ones?

You can't get rid of them, only choose the current selected one from hte pause menu.

Thing is they don't make it ultra clear which are the main ones. I guess I'll have to pick them by level/difficulty.

I must admit my experience with the game recently have been poor. Single player is deffo grating and both online matches tried have been laggy. If Daft's connection is as good as he said it is then I might be able to get away with co-op.

Not so sure. I had lag playing with Goafer although that was only one or two times. The rest of the time it was perfect. Not sure what caused the lag tbh.

I might join you today as a new character so you can power level me and we can see if the online works. Then I'll switch back to my normal character when you're levelled up.

I might join you today as a new character so you can power level me and we can see if the online works. Then I'll switch back to my normal character when you're levelled up.

Power levelling is funny. Some of my mates needed the ability achievements for the other classes, so they joined my game and I killed three things to get them to level 5.

I keep hearing cool things about the Siren so I want to try her out. No one is replacing my turret chucking soldier. :heh:

Sounds like a good idea. And yeah I wanted to pick the siren or berserker but I am a man of comfort zones unfortunately. I used to savour critical hits with my sniper but that stopped being special 10 levels back.

Have just picked this up, caving in as I wanted something that provided some coop fun. Got it on the 360 (sorry PS3 owners :() as I have a headset that I can use, or at least I think it can be used as it's been awhile since I tried it and it wasn't working a 100% when last used. Anyway, I'll get stuck into it later on with some solo for now just to get to grips with it.

Thinking I may pick the woman character for her phase walk ability because out of all of the characters, she looks the more interesting and I always pick soldier classes so it'll be a nice change.

Edit: About 3 hours have been put into the game and I love it. It's just great. I've just got to Sleeper's hideout (think that's his name) and I'm level 12, knocking on the door of 13. I'm glad I picked Lilith because that phasewalk ability and the stun melee attack have been a godsend at various points where I've been getting hammered by large groups of elder and badass corrosive skags. But yeh, I'm enjoying it and I've only played in solo for now so should be even better online in coop.

Edited by Ganepark32

Anyone up for some Borderlands? I'm lvl 28.

I am, I'm just coming up to 27, and Dwarf may be up for some as well.

Mehhhh I'm only 23. Don't mind power levelling towards you people if I'm being honest as I'd rather it be a blast to play than a small 'poof'.

Reached level 27 (I think so). Still need to play with you guys sometime, but I don't find the time to play for more than 30 minutes or so. :(

PSN is the biggest fucking piece of shit. You get what you pay for. Fuck all.

Was trying to play Boarderlands with Dwarf and the friends list just never matched up. Half the time he didn't appear online, the other half I didn't and vice versa when either one of us was offline it would sometimes say we were still online.

When we finally were online we weren't able to connect with either of us hosting. It kept timing out. I did an internet speed test on the PS3 and it says I have an download speed of 4.6Mbps and and an upload speed of 1 Mbps.

Utter shite, basically.

Was trying to play Boarderlands with Dwarf and the friends list just never matched up. Half the time he didn't appear online, the other half I didn't and vice versa when either one of us was offline it would sometimes say we were still online.

When we finally were online we weren't able to connect with either of us hosting. It kept timing out. I did an internet speed test on the PS3 and it says I have an download speed of 4.6Mbps and and an upload speed of 1 Mbps.

Utter shite, basically.

Oh I think this must be a problem, it wasnt matching me up on Uncharted.

Yeah, seems to be across the board. PSN is down for maintenance tomorrow, I suspect this is linked.

After having the game sat downstairs for the past 4 or 5 days in shrink wrap, I finally had a day off with which to start this game. Unfortunately I'm playing solo. I'm up to level 8 or so on the 360...anyone out there want to play through this?

dyson; i'd love to! ... But, er, only if you think you can wait at least a week? I think I'm rapidly making the game worse for myself...

At level 31 now, managed to upgrade the last skill on my sniper tree to the max, which means all sniper shots pass through shields. Good times.

Been playing the game solo mainly just because I can't be arsed with the buggy online, but it's been fun, challenging in a few places, but there's quite a few quests below my level that I can't be arsed to do. It's the whole 'turn in!' problem where you have to fast travel to a place and wait for loading screens just so you can trek over to someone and say you've finished the quest. Extra annoying when you can't fast track to the right location which means 2 load screens. Ah well.

The Old Haven place is pretty treacherous for me atm, the enemies seem to respawn quite frequently and they have powerful weapons. Will level up a couple more times before finishing the stuff around there.

I'm also a lvl 31 hunter ^ :) tis awesomely good fun. Although I've yet to find a truly great Sniper Rifle, my current one deals nice damage, 320, but only has 1x zoom, whilst my g/f's found one that does about 270 damage but has a much better zoom (although doesn't even mention the zoom multiplication in the stats... which is weird).

I've spread my tree a little thin though and not hit the top level on anything! Currently aiming for the bloodwing upgrade where he attacks multiple targets.

Quick question, does anyone know if you can only upgrade elemental artefacts to level two? I found a fire one, for the right class, which says "you cannot use this item now" when I try to use it.